• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Of course people are wary about it, because Roy had extremely weak non tipper hits and the inner sweetspot was closer inside than expected. The changes to Ike would probably be like 3% less at tipper range and instead of dying to a move at 70 it will be 80-85. Not what Roy had lool

The change makes sense and it gives you some incentive to space the move or try different spacing to get the intended effect. Ike in particular, because he was given the shield modifier and due to the strength he has, SHOULD have either an incentive to space well or something tweaked that punishes lazy spacing. This change could possibly fit both.

It also fits with Marth and Roy since they have that system in place (Yes Roy got the short end)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Why is this even happening....It should be pretty clear that Roy, Pichu nor any of the fallen five be rejoining the cast. Why waste time talking over something that isn't happening?

Also...I'm going to guess Samus and ZSS.

another also....I'm willing to bed the actual release will be on the 29th...at least if history repeats itself.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Well I could imagine that something will happen on the 28th, simply because everyone will be or at least trying to download v2.5 a the same time.

I hope there are enough mirrors...

Aaaa~nd I don't know what happened the previous time... what happened?

Life

Smash Hero
It's either Samus and ZSS, or MK/Diddy and Yoshi. Think it'd be weird to have an update without at least one more Melee veteran, and Kirby/ICs are probably not gonna be in until final due to programming issues (Copy and Nana respectively--same deal with Oli but he's Brawl).

Samus and ZSS would probably be announced simultaneously, which hasn't been done for new characters since, what, 2.0?

So Yoshi confirmed, and either MK or Diddy next (I think Diddy might be easier to balance).

Stevo's probably right. Yoshi/Diddy. If not that, then Yoshi/MK, and if neither of those then Samus/ZSS.

I'll be scratching my head if one Samus and not the other makes it, or if Kirby is involved. I'll be impressed if Olimar or ICs are in it--that probably means the game is very close to being gold status.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
around 300+ people were sitting in this thread alone waiting for the link to be posted.

The amount of times f5 was pressed.....

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Why is this even happening....It should be pretty clear that Roy, Pichu nor any of the fallen five be rejoining the cast. Why waste time talking over something that isn't happening?
For now. Keep the possibilty in mind. Also, only M2, Roy and possibly Pichu could come back; Doc and YL have been merged with their counterparts. :cool:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
What if it ends up fox has a hard counter in Project M that he didn't have in Melee? He will probably not be on the top, regardless of him being "too good" or whatever.
Just going by the general mechanics that Fox has, one would have to try extremely hard specifically to make a "hard counter" for Fox. Soft counter is more believable. Even if he does end up getting countered by a character, he would probably still be on top. One counter does not disqualify that. Seth is the #1 best char in SSFIV: AE 2012 and one of his best players believes he is solidly countered by T.Hawk, arguably the second worst character in the game. Being countered by one char does not preclude one from being #1 if he counters or goes even (rarely) with everyone else. However, it is always nice for the best chars to indeed have reliable counters against them, so I would welcome such a development if it were to indeed occur. Spacees being the best is fine, but them being so much better than the rest is not.

#IHaveADream

I really think you undervalue the ability to snap to the ledge as quickly as possible, as often as possible.
There are all of these nuances that are positives for melee tethers (the biggest of which is recovering from super low), but the efficiency of brawl tethers is real.
Seriously
Smashville is extremely popular, obviously. So is battlefield. Brawl tethers are strictly better there.
Even on FD, the range of brawl tethers matters because of the slant of FD's underbelly
Never said that Brawl tethers aren't good, and I've even said that I'm fine with Brawl tethers remaining in the game, if need be. But the "efficiency" of edgeguarding brawl tethers is also real.

Like I played the most recent build of 2.5 Ike, and I'm not going to give details. But I wouldn't describe Ike as buffed or nerfed. I'd describe him as a character that makes a lot more sense.
Yeah, I'd say the same thing about Lucario from my experiences with him in 2.5. His design is more reasonable now.

looking at ivys seed bomb. It looks like platforms kinda makes her down b almost useless. It'd be cool if she had the abilltiy to shoot the seed low and the low seed falls slower.
Well, it's a really good option to attack opponents who are trying to navigate platforms above Ivysaur, and once the opponent is discouraged from doing that, you can use Ivy's horizontal zoning options more (sideB, bair, ftilt, etc.). Ivy can shoot those seeds pretty rapidly and that, coupled with uair and usmash, makes it really scary to remain above Ivysaur for long. In a sense, plats can kinda help zoning and camping.

leelue

Smash Lord
Moreover, bub, you've made it abundantly clear over the last few months that you think "having brawl tethers over melee tethers is rarely better". Especially during our conversation on the bus, you were directly opposed to brawl tethers.

I wonder if pit's moves are less Roy-like in their application.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
If they completed the clone engine and added a new character it would be Mewtwo, he's the only non-clone character that wasn't transferred to brawl.
The only other real option anyways is Pichu since YL/Doc/Roy(with these Ike changes) have all be integrated into other characters.

And no one wants to see Pichu merged with Pikachu since it would pretty much only have the potential to make him worse.

metroid1117

Smash Master
For the most part I don't want platforms when playing ivy. Opponents get to approach me the same way that they do on FD, only without seed bomb coverage.
Battlefield, man...
Personally, I love platforms with Ivysaur because that leads to more tech-chasing options with DAir and UAir. I'm usually the one approaching in my games though, so I'm pretty inexperienced with using Seed Bomb as a defensive spacing tool.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i was thinking oh what about that low lag up b but pikachu already has qac so that's null

i kind of like pichu's dsmash more than pikas

iLink

Smash Champion
My only question is what purpose does the slide after sideb serve and why would I want to use it over something like a wavedash?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
too lazy to check

will the game let you set every button to specials?

If so I know what I'm going to do next time I play PM

Life

Smash Hero
Gonna have to give Sonic a new try when the new demo is out.

Except I already wanna main Ivy. And there are still two more characters... gah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom