• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bunni you aren't cheating on me with SC. It ends here!

IKE!

:drflip:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yo Criminal, don't let my ranting and level 100 theory crafting dissuade you from exploring stuff. I know I have a lot of concerns that I'm passionate about but some things just strike me as odd from a design standpoint.

Not to say my arguments are justified even though that's basically what I am saying. :urg:

I just mean, I guess, uh uh

*poit poit*

I think I like you and I uh

How do you like the game so far? c:
Lmaooooooooooooooooo! It's all good, Kink. <3 Like I said before, I really do enjoy your theorycrafting. You're very insightful and thought-provoking. Just don't expect me to formulate anything along the lines of mutatis mutandis; I'm merely a humble player and spectator that may have an opinion or two, and nothing more.

As for the game itself? I can honestly say that it was well worth the investment of time and money on my end: All day to run around Creation to the places I needed to be to ascertain the parts necessary to play, and about thirty or so dollars worth of expenses to get them (stupid me for forgetting to buy a flash drive/card reader when building my comp, had to invest in a cheap-o hub instead). The P:M engine is taking some getting used to (the timing for certain techs like WDing and DDing is different, or at least it feels that way, no doubt thanks to the foundation it's being built off of), but I'm sure that with a lot of time in the lab I'll be able to adjust.

I'm currently dabbling around in training mode trying to get a feel for each and every single character. I've made it through about a quarter of the cast as we speak. So far, Sheik and DDD are standing out to me the most. I'm really surprised at how closely Sheik plays to her Melee counterpart, too. With the exception of the d-throw "change," I can readily pull off a lot of the ol' standbys from Melee. It felt pretty damn good, and I'm probably going to end up playing her quite a bit. DDD, on the other hand, was a bit more awkward feeling to me at first. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how mobile he'd be, and how I'd approach, WDing, et cetera. It's really hard for me to describe 'cause he just plays so differently to me, haha.

But, yeah. I'm enjoying myself so far. <3 I'm really looking forward to playing actual people, though. I want competition, dammit.

Smooth Criminal

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
lmfao

What more do you want from the guy? A birthday card with the "real" Hello Kitty?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
well there's your problem

Turns out that the guy who did that hack posts on Smashmods -_-
Well I'm pretty sure I know who it is on here, but I hardly care since I'm not in the habit of judging people for their preferences.
But I love to judge people for their actions, especially those which are guaranteed to and 100% sure to be understood by the person undertaking them in advance that it will invite mostly negative attention, and yet taken without the forethought or understanding that their real desire is to attract that kind of attention in the first place as a either a substitution for deficit of childhood attention or a means for gaining insight on their own otherwise deprecated mental condition.
And I ask this anonymous person that if they should find pleasure in talking about themselves in such a manner, even if you believe to the contrary, if that does not indeed make you the kind of person I described.
I believe the technical term for this is attention-whoring but I'm not one for complicated definitions

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Nevermind I was getting off topic just ignore that post and we'll all be happier.
In fact, ignore this post too it is equally off topic.
EDIT: Wait what even was the topic
EDIT2: Oh right it was IKE

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Smooth criminal, no I do not think I was thinking what you were thinking, although I think I'd like to know what you were thinking simply because I like knowing what people think and never fail to share what I think in case I'm not the only one that thinks my thinking or enjoys thinking about what other people think and why they think what they're thinking and whether or not they can fix their thinking if it's empirically wrong thinking.

EDIT: IKE explains why Eli is 5-0 at pm tournies
you don't even have to main IKE
you just need an unshakable faithful conviction in your soul of the truth and light of IKE and other vague things

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Smooth criminal, no I do not think I was thinking what you were thinking, although I think I'd like to know what you were thinking simply because I like knowing what people think and never fail to share what I think in case I'm not the only one that thinks my thinking or enjoys thinking about what other people think and why they think what they're thinking and whether or not they can fix their thinking if it's empirically wrong thinking.
wat

Smooth Criminal

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
tl;dr "what were you thinking, even though I don't think I was thinking it I'd still like to know so I can share the idea"; and then more nonsense about how I revel in the sharing of ideas

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
"My game is better than yours" has been around forever and is childish as ****. It's not as if the general public already has a negative stigma towards gamers without gamers hating on each other for no reason but sheer ignorance.

Just laugh at them and ask them why they don't play league of legends. If they do, ask them how much money they've won from it, and then laugh some more.
Lol yea, I agree with you. But I don't have a problem with that part about him thinking his game is better or whatever. I have a problem with him thinking it matters that one makes more money than the other therefore the one that makes less money is somehow inferior. As if the money was relevant.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
League totally invalidates Brawl's existence from a monetary standpoint. That guy is a hypocrite.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Who cares about gimps?

Zard can already late nair -> bair for the same thing anyway. Sideways knockback on nair is a straight nerf from its function as a combo starter/extender/top of the stage killer.
We're talking about a one-hit semi-spike that hits below the stage versus a non-guaranteed follow-up that is easy to DI and hits above the stage. You can even get a similar effect to late nair from on top of plaforms by knocking the opponent offstage with a negative trajectory.

Seriously, you haven't even played the new Charizard. How you come off telling someone who has that the character is worse?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Spotlight is a good update. Crew Mode was cool, but this is the type of info people like to see.

My thirst for an update has been quenched... For now...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Maybe Ice Climbers will be in demo 2.5?

I guess I can always just bring a 2.1 setup to places when I eventually get a license.

What issue that Charizard has in 2.1 is addressed by making Nair combo less?

Any pmbr member care to answer, or is that notorious lack of PR going to shine through again?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Maybe Ice Climbers will be in demo 2.5?

I guess I can always just bring a 2.1 setup to places when I eventually get a license.

What issue that Charizard has in 2.1 is addressed by making Nair combo less?

Any pmbr member care to answer, or is that notorious lack of PR going to shine through again?
The changes to nair are something that one needs to try before you knock it. Metroid1117 is a big fan of the change, and we've worked with many other Charizard mains to make the best possible changes to the character.

You are one of the most disrespectful "fans" we've ever encountered. If you were a player of some reputation, we would be more inclined to deal with your attitude, but not only do you not actually play this game against people, your posts often come off as demanding, like we owe you something.

And we owe you nothing. We make this game for fun and for free for your enjoyment. If you want room service, you can play a game that you pay for. Otherwise, please treat us with some respect, and you might get some back.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
So there it is once again,

"If you don't go to tournament or play with any notorious players, your word is of no value to the PMBR."

It really does make me sick to my stomach that this is the case. Like, it seriously does make my eyes water every time it gets brought up. Same with any time I get accused of spamming/trolling/whatever the ****. I am genuinely upset.

I really couldn't care less what Metroid thinks about the change to nair; he went out of his way for a long while just to avoid using it in 2.1 under the impression that it wasn't a good move. I could say the same thing about changes made to any move if I didn't like it. "Oh, Ike's fair sends upward now, with more active frames? Well that's so much better than its 2.1 incarnation, I'd say."

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's more that your portray your opinion as absolute and scoff at the ridiculousness of others opinions without thought to your sense of entitlement.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well there we are then, I just donated $250 to Magus, can I have a "sense of entitlement" for a game I "Payed for" now? Is there a Dantarion donation pool as well? I never found one.

All I'm saying is the word of one pmbr member that didn't even like the move in 2.1 is kind of a sloppy and biased design choice/reasoning.

iLink

Smash Champion
On one hand, he asked a legit question about a change. On the other hand, it was sort of a backhanded question with the last comment.

I also learned that i can have a crappy attitude if i have a better rep apparently.

:phone:

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Get off your damn high horse and stop acting stuck up. Wait until you try the move before you pass judgement. Christ. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom