• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Charizard's nair wraparound can hit a standing Ganondorf from the top of Yoshi's Story and pop him up into range for 3 more nairs that carry Ganon to the top and kill him.

This move is silly in a good way. Really hoping it doesn't get any changes to knockback or hitbox duration or the like.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
L-canceling has a super bright white flash when executed properly. Should be noticeable with almost every aerial in the game.
The "white flash" is a glow overlay on the character, and it becomes less pronounced the lower the uncanceled landing lag is. I can see it just fine on Ganon's dair (where it lasts for maybe 2 or 3 frames at most), but go to characters that have maybe half that landing lag (which is actually most of the characters I play as) and the overlay is so short that the flash is barely visible. On some characters, the initial landing lag is short enough that the flash overlay isn't even a frame long, and anything less than a frame in duration is counted as nonexistent by the game.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I don't think that's true but go on
If not, then either I'm too incompetent to L-cancel anything else, which for all I know may be the case, or I can't register a one-frame flash, which also may be the case.
lol at ganons dair being 2-3 frames, cancelled

straight landing lag isn't that short
"Straight landing lag" is anywhere between 22-45 frames depending on the character. Ganon's is faster than I'd thought, 31, but that's still half a second of helplessness. And yes, those numbers are straight out of the moveset files. A lot of characters have 22-24, and the longest I've found is a tie between Link's & Bowser's dairs (45.5 each, which makes no sense since the game runs at 60 frames straight, and can't register faster than a frame).

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Leafbarret, the landing lag on moves are not able to be viewed from PSA or brawlbox. The values there are dealt with differently in game. A PMBR member would have to provide landing lag values.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Either way he was talking about how long you flashed, not how short your lag was.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
This had seriously better be a joke.

The wraparound hitbox having upward KB is one of the best things about nair.

Like of all the issues Charizard has, not one of them is "Gosh I sure wish he had a slow way to hit opponents sideways in the most counter-intuitive manner possible."

iLink

Smash Champion
There isnt a single attack where the lcancel flash is less then 1 frame, because that would mean there is no flash at all.

Also the flash used to be longer in earlier alpha builds of the game but they were rather obnoxious and distracting.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Only bottom part of the sword swing and for all you know it could combo into stuff still.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well I don't even know the angle on it, just that the post from earlier said it was "horizontal instead of vertical". *shrug* maybe they'll nerf Ike until he's unpopular so people will stop complaining about him because he'll be low tier. I guess maybe I'll get props for using him, then... I guess there's that to look forward to.
I'm actually considering dropping him now anyways just because of how boring a character he is
like for real anytime he lands a hit it's just autocombo off the stage
and anytime you GET hit it's just sit there and wait out the ride, cause there's not much you can do about it
Like the only thing that made up for it was how fun QD was, but I guess PMBR's nerfing that away too...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Honestly I like the idea of giving him more drastically differentiated hitboxes on his sword, but even that, to me, seems like a nerf. On the hilt hitboxes, he loses the low hitlag property, while on the tippers, he loses the high knockback. I guess the tippers are meant to combo better or something... we'll see I guess. But I can't sit back and just promise to be okay with it until it gets release and has the high possibility of being less than acceptable and essentially set in stone for the rest of us for the next, oh i don't know... 8-12 months until the next official release...

"Ike is like falcon, with a sword! How is that NOT broken?!?!?1/11oneslash" is what I see people taking from your statement, Kink. lol

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This had seriously better be a joke.

The wraparound hitbox having upward KB is one of the best things about nair.

Like of all the issues Charizard has, not one of them is "Gosh I sure wish he had a slow way to hit opponents sideways in the most counter-intuitive manner possible."
You're going to say this until you gimp Marth as he's rising during upB in complete safety from any reprisal.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Leafbarret, the landing lag on moves are not able to be viewed from PSA or brawlbox. The values there are dealt with differently in game. A PMBR member would have to provide landing lag values.
Are you sure? PSA does list landing lag values under the attributes. but maybe there's some extra wizardry going on.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well I don't even know the angle on it, just that the post from earlier said it was "horizontal instead of vertical". *shrug* maybe they'll nerf Ike until he's unpopular so people will stop complaining about him because he'll be low tier. I guess maybe I'll get props for using him, then... I guess there's that to look forward to.
I'm actually considering dropping him now anyways just because of how boring a character he is
like for real anytime he lands a hit it's just autocombo off the stage
and anytime you GET hit it's just sit there and wait out the ride, cause there's not much you can do about it
Like the only thing that made up for it was how fun QD was, but I guess PMBR's nerfing that away too...

The whole QD thing kinda fed into the "land a hit auto combo offstage" situation lol.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
"People who win at brawl make more money than people who win at project m!"
I was lectured today.
I was like "yay I won another p:m tourn" then condescended to because it's a "mod, lmfao"

I am very annoyed.

This has been your weekly Eli rant.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People who win at Brawl do tend to make more because tournaments for Brawl tend to be bigger/more frequent. Like on EC, with weekly or biweekly tournaments when most places have, say 1 P:M tourney a month and never more than 20 ish people on a good day. etc

Not to put you down Eli LOL

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
People who win at Brawl do tend to make more because tournaments for Brawl tend to be bigger/more frequent. Like on EC, with weekly or biweekly tournaments when most places have, say 1 P:M tourney a month and never more than 20 ish people on a good day. etc

Not to put you down Eli LOL
My annoyance has nothing to do with that fact. I already know that.

It's more like the person validating their activity by claiming it pulls in more money, therefore is superior to the "LOL mod" that I'm putting my time and energy into as a player and supporter. **** that guy, for real. If it was just about money, I'd be spending time doing something else.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
So I've been doing it wrong this whole time?? As a child I learned that you were supposed to play games for fun o - o

I guess I should've been playing games for money instead. Darn.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
The whole QD thing kinda fed into the "land a hit auto combo offstage" situation lol.
...so the response to that is "Let's make it worse!" to fix the problem "This character isn't designed very well in terms of interesting gameplay", aka "This character isn't that fun"?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
...so the response to that is "Let's make it worse!" to fix the problem "This character isn't designed very well in terms of interesting gameplay", aka "This character isn't that fun"?
It's called "let's tweak a bunch of things to redesign the character" which will naturally mean some things do need to be worse in order to make other things better and just plain change other things completely.

Subject to change is a way of life.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh no I agree. I just meant QD contributed to one of the things you lament about Ike and you sounded sad that they were nerfing it. Personally I don't like how versatile the move it and I don't tech chase or do crazy edge guards with it or QD forward and barely nab someone with RAR Bair. In fact unless I have to recover with the move I don't even bother using it lol. I find him much more fun in that regard, focusing more on tilts spacing and overall neutral gameplay instead of "Well I tossed him this way, let me use a move that I can cancel easily that also covers 4/5ths of most character's options outright and gives me the versatility to counter the other 1/5th". I could have a BLAST edge guarding people onstage with Fair because of how low it dips or putting people into Dthrow tech chases minus any QD. The whole flying around like an A-hole thing doesn't really feel like Ike, whether it's onstage or wall jumping

You're partially right, Daze.

We're supposed to play video games for fun, and to do that we must also completely abandon the desire to win.

**** winning, get furries IMO
:drflip:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You're going to say this until you gimp Marth as he's rising during upB in complete safety from any reprisal.
Who cares about gimps?

Zard can already late nair -> bair for the same thing anyway. Sideways knockback on nair is a straight nerf from its function as a combo starter/extender/top of the stage killer.

I can't think of any situation where I would want a late hit with IASA followed right after to send sideways rather than upward, especially when he already has a Bair that does that on like frame 9.

Slower side B on Ike is just kind of making the character, even more than he is now, one of extremes a.k.a. polarizing a.k.a. silly/dumb design.

Like, it would be analogous addressing Bowser's concerns by making his moves twice as slow but also making them three times as strong.

Melee Minus.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
"People who win at brawl make more money than people who win at project m!"
I was lectured today.
I was like "yay I won another p:m tourn" then condescended to because it's a "mod, lmfao"

I am very annoyed.

This has been your weekly Eli rant.
"My game is better than yours" has been around forever and is childish as ****. It's not as if the general public already has a negative stigma towards gamers without gamers hating on each other for no reason but sheer ignorance.

Just laugh at them and ask them why they don't play league of legends. If they do, ask them how much money they've won from it, and then laugh some more.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"My game is better than yours" has been around forever and is childish as ****. It's not as if the general public already has a negative stigma towards gamers without gamers hating on each other for no reason but sheer ignorance.

Just laugh at them and ask them why they don't play league of legends. If they do, ask them how much money they've won from it, and then laugh some more.
This.

Smooth Criminal

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Yo Criminal, don't let my ranting and level 100 theory crafting dissuade you from exploring stuff. I know I have a lot of concerns that I'm passionate about but some things just strike me as odd from a design standpoint.

Not to say my arguments are justified even though that's basically what I am saying. :urg:

I just mean, I guess, uh uh

*poit poit*

I think I like you and I uh

How do you like the game so far? c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom