• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
A vortex character is pretty much a character that can cross you up whenever he feels like. Left/right and high/low mix ups all day. So when they start hitting you and mix you up multiple times in a few seconds, it feels like your stuck inside a vortex, since no matter how hard you try to block and escape, you can't and get sucked back in. So when I say my val has 5k vortexes, I'm saying I have 5k meterless and vialless combos that give me up to 4 ways of mixing you up ie givng you only a 25% chance o blocking correctly. Its all very sick.

Oki is short for okizeme, and that is the act of setting up traps when your opponent is waking up. Its like tech chasing, but not just limited to chasing a tech. Its broader than that actually.

:phone:
Oh, then in that case, Lucario is easily a vortex char. I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned earlier. He hits your shield, he starts a string, he feels like ending it and crossing you up, then BLAM, DT and now he's dashing at you from the other side to rinse and repeat the cycle. At any point during these strings, he can also poke at your feet with dtilt or hit your head with aerials, all cancellable into the crossing up DT. Of course, he could always just grab your shield, too. It's all part of this 'vortex' mix-up, I guess.

Then there's spacees and Lucas, of course, but I think Falcon also counts as a vortex char. He can easily cross you up with his excellent DD, jab, aerials, and sideB. Jab you on one side, dash behind you and sideB the other side, etc. Along similar lines, I guess Ike could kinda be a vortex char if he wanted to. His aerials are lacking in startup but his unique cooldown property lets him pressure safely into jab>grab mix-ups and he can always QD > JC pivot grab or something to cross you up. Every time you try to escape, things like this can happen.

The way I see it, I feel like Sonic was originally intended to be a vortex character. He definitely fits the job description. As wacky as it sounds, I think Zelda is a bit of a vortex character. She has the upB teleport with that shine-like hitbox at the beginning of it and she also has the LC reflector. Perhaps I'm still interpreting this whole 'vortex' thing incorrectly?

... could we please go back to talking about Sonic being a bad character? Traditional fighters and everything relating to them (terms and whatnot) are *** and don't deserve to see the light of this thread.
IMO, this is the kind of attitude that fosters bad blood between communities. Can't we jut have people who play them all and be happy? :(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol You were on my list for Top Sonic's though along with JJlinyard and another Sonic I saw called Rat I think, I didn't even know you were trying to play Snake, make sure you upload some vids when you get around to playing him
Do you have lists for all the characters? lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario: DOESN'T MATTER HE'S JANKY

Ike: I've seen some ****

Lucario: Skipped

Mario: MUFFIN

Link: ALSM

Ganon/Warrior: Spirit

bubbaking

Smash Hero
G&W: Eli
Sonic: Leelue
DK: Eli, Strong Bad
Ike: Vro, Eli
Snake: Eli

That's a lot of E-L-I. Hmmm, I guess Long Island really is the ****. After all, E-L-I switched around is LIE, the Long Island Expressway. I guess by default, that makes LI the best region for all these characters. :troll:

#superboredonaMonday

bubbaking

Smash Hero
That's true, but baking bub has nothing to do with a person tagged Bubbaking. After all, Bubbaking must be king of the Bubbas. Meaning he's a ruler of cool fish. Along those lines, the tag Bubbaking actually infers that this 'King of Bubbas' will main anything that has to do with water. This is why he mains a penguin in vBrawl and will probably main a turtle in P:M. :troll:

Note: THIS is a Bubba.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Bubba

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I feel like this discussion has gone south, and I don't know if I'm willing to revive it.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I'll revive it.

Funny, because the good sonic players like the general playstyle he has. A lot.
Would be a shame if he was, you know, changed completely.
Would be a shame if he was made to cater to a small group of people who like easy-mode, yet bad, fast characters.....y'know, the people looking with envy at the current true Fox and Sonic mains. Fox, he's definitely gonna stay the same, no doubt about that. People like him too much. Sonic though........there's no guarantee for that one. I never really liked hedgehogs anyway. :troll:

Right. I don't control th character, I can only give my thoughts. But even then it's not 100% me, at the most I'm just a catalyst. It's a collaborative project, remember?

I still have to give my reasons, and prove my points before anything I say is put into play. I can't just say, "okay do this" and its done. And then still, I have to compromise regardless.

Collaboration would be nice if the absolute best people at the trade were to team up and pool ideas. Without that, you just have a project guided by popular faces with bad direction...

It's almost like if someone knowledgeable voices an opinion, it won't immediately be put into practice.

#HelpUsMakeSonicThenGoAway
^^^^^

Isn't what matters is that its put into practice period?

With that mindset, you might as well take ideas from all the people who are suggesting stuff for already released chars and test them out. After all, as long as the useful stuff is put into practice, we're good right? Along those lines, if not being in the PMBR is just as good as being in the PMBR.........then what's the point of the PMBR? :confused:

Idk, I mean if I wanted to create something perfect and I had a team of people working on it for me, I'd want the most knowledgeable, experienced, and masterful people on the team. If I was gonna open a new restaurant and I was hiring chefs, I would want to hire the chefs with the most experience in the industry. Chefs that are highly rated and know a lot about food, and have worked in high rated restaurants before.

And if they present me an idea that I don't like, like "You should have swordfish on the menu", I could just be like "No, thanks for your input though".

#SayNoToSwordfish
Godlike post, but I'd rather have excellent chefs give me their ideas for good dishes without actually hiring them and paying them money. It's all easier on my pocket. :troll:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion

That's a lot of E-L-I. Hmmm, I guess Long Island really is the ****. After all, E-L-I switched around is LIE, the Long Island Expressway. I guess by default, that makes LI the best region for all these characters. :troll:

#superboredonaMonday
Word, I totally live in Queens

#YouPeopleAreSupposedToHateMe

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You play Sonic your ideas are too fast and liberal for the conservative PMBR. Look at what happened with Ike, one of you young whipper snappers though that was a good idea.
So you're saying that the PMBR is a bunch of Republicans and by order of opposition, Leelue and all Sonic mains are Democrats? :scared: You racist!

#Idontcareaboutpolitics

Damn my sonicy thoughts
Cmon leelue step it up

Off to school though

Hey, we should do this again sometime
The fight is on!

But...

You're not ready yet!

Real talk, what's everyone's opinion on Wolf compared to the other spacees?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Other spacies are better. Me gusta, you gusta.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
See already in a hurry, this man doesn't understand what the present it. Always future bound.
You need to have your eyes set in the future if you're gonna speedrun those Sonic games without dying. Sacrifice your time with your friends and family to save the world from being robotified by Robotnik. You're not a family man, you're just a hedgehog.

In other news, ROB beats Mario
Discuss

#RobotPlumber
Rob reflects fireballs
Hard counter imo
Mario reflects them back. Point invalidated.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm honestly glad I'm not on here, it's good that some people see my mediocrity.

My list of best players for select characters (in no particular order):

Sonic: Rat, Leelue, Sethlon
Ike: Vro
Snake: Professor Pro
Lucario: Leffen, Fuzzyness
Wario: Reflex
Bowser: ORLY, Cmart
ROB: JCaesar
Pit: Armada
Zelda: Ryoko
Wolf: Professor Pro, Chillin
D3: Fly

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Denti's Lucario is also really good. I haven't played Leffen or Fuzzy so I don't really know how they'd compare.

metroid1117

Smash Master

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I still play Snake. I have a group of like 12 or so characters I'd be willing to go in tournament.
Snake, DK, Mario, Ike, Luigi, Lucario, Ganondorf, Link, Wolf, Marth, G&W, Sonic
Since when were those last two characters on your list? :confused:

Wolf is easily worst spacie.
My question now is: Was he purposely designed to be worse than the other spacees in nearly every aspect?

Strong Bad, help me out here with DK, tips, critique, etc.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PxZoM4y3yw&feature=youtu.be

Also I still can't post on smashmods forums, very frustrating
Why ask SB when Eli's right here? Oh yeah, that's why. Never mind, don't do it...

Serious talk about smashmods, what happens when you try to log in or post?

I'm honestly glad I'm not on here, it's good that some people see my mediocrity.
Actually, I don't think you're mediocre at all. You're just too far out there..... and I kinda have a thing against Midwest players.... :troll:

In all honesty though, I'm biased because of my region. I've seen vids of you, though, and you're definitely no slouch.

My list of best players for select characters (in no particular order):

Sonic: Rat, Leelue, Sethlon
Ike: Vro
Snake: Professor Pro
Lucario: Leffen, Fuzzyness
Wario: Reflex
Bowser: ORLY, Cmart
ROB: JCaesar
Pit: Armada
Zelda: Ryoko
Wolf: Professor Pro, Chillin
D3: Fly
Personally, I'd put Zhime on the Zelda list and maybe Eli on the Snake list.........but only maybe. He sucks. :smirk:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Leffen is the one Lucario I've seen that makes use of aura sphere cancel really well.

Sanity's: I watched the first like 30 secs and saw you roll like 6 times. XD Also try to Cargo Uthrow rather than regular Uthrow. It's betta

bubbaking

Smash Hero
This is a little old by now, but Leffen was doing some crazy stuff. Fuzzyness says he does the same thing, but I haven't seen his Lucario recently.
Let's be honest. All Lucarios are gonna be saying that they do the same thing. :p

I've got 132 replays to record and put on YouTube. Stay tuned, boys and girls.

#AboutToTopAllYourLists
*Gasp* Are all of my hopes and dreams about to come true? :awesome:

#Abouttobeexposed
#Asfraudulent

Leffen is the one Lucario I've seen that makes use of aura sphere cancel really well.
Well, I know it sounds like I've been riding him real hard with my past couple of posts, but in all honesty, I just witnessed a couple of Eli's games as Lucario the other day and he can utilize ASC pretty well, from what I saw. I'm also trying to work it into my game, but who cares about that? :reverse:

Sanity you use fair too much.
Oh wait, that's a good thing.

#DKisntfair
#ExactlywhyItoldhimnottoaskyou
#youtroll

iLink

Smash Champion
You must be playing Snake exactly like Brawl Snake or extremely wrong to arrive at the conclusion that he is the worst in the game and has no MU's in his favour.

I've been playing Snake for quite a while now and I have a pretty good grasp of what he is like (there are a few intricatre things I still need to become consistent with) and I can honestly say that I think he will end up being Top 5/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJcY_rfDbtc&feature=channel&list=UL

This is the Winner Stays On we played at a smashfest and I think it will give you a pretty good insight on the character :D

Also Destruction Combo @ 38:25 :D
I guess people keep assuming I don't watch videos. I watch almost everything that has been mentioned in this thread and I've definitely seen you play with Snake.

If anything, I think you are just outplaying people, so take that as you will.

Who do you honestly think Snake has a good MU against? I can honestly think of like 10 off the top of my head that I believe are against his favor.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That would be my question as well. Basically, how far does Upb take him as a character.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well, upB already invalidates G&W, tbh...

I'd like to see how G&W expects to get through Snake's zoning and stage control and then still apply safe pressure so that he doesn't get Cyphered OoS into oblivion.
Last I checked, G&W has a few disjointed hitboxes so he doesn't have to run int cypher all day.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You mean fair which isn't safe on shield? Spaced bair is safe, but I don't really know how far bair's gonna carry Gdubs... I'd much rather be carried by an incredible, reliable move......like Cypher. Besides, bair won't solve G&W's approaching problems and he still has to get through that incredible stage control.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Accurate button inputs? As far as I'm aware, the only thing that changes in the Wifi build is analog pressing of L and R and utilizing the C-stick to buffer things OoS. Sacrificing that for the chance to save some salvageable replays doesn't sound so bad, in my opinion.
That makes a pretty big difference in airdodge timing.

iLink

Smash Champion
Dtilt and bair? Also bacon is decent at dismantling mines and stopping grenades.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G&W still loses to the character, it's G&W. CC Dtilt and pray they get hit. I summed up half the character right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom