• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
As much hype as Mega Man has always got for SSB, i wonder if they will put him in the new one..

:phone:
I recent article came out where Sakurai was saying it would be difficult to incorporate capcom characters. But Mega Man would work perfectly. he is basically a smaller samus. I wonder what Sakurai was thinking the public wanted. Chris Redfield, maybe? lol

I also want Simon Belmont badly, but I guess Konami is already represented by Snake. All well

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nah, I think Capcom is content to just troll everybody with Megaman now. We'd probably get Ryu or Roll or Zero or something instead. Or like, Gutsman.
Clearly some people don't know about Both X and Zero being in Project X Zone.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I have a feeling megaman will make it into the next smash.

And the SFXT thing was just bad timing for an otherwise OK joke. Inafune himself came up with the idea.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
so to pass the time

just curious

if you could put ANY CHARACTER in the game (not limited to brawl and melee already existing characters) who would it be and WHY

i'm sure nobody who is a fan of smash bros has ever thought to discuss this before ^.^
Phoenix Wright, I see the why as self evident.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling megaman will make it into the next smash.

And the SFXT thing was just bad timing for an otherwise OK joke. Inafune himself came up with the idea.
YES!! and he'll be an old fat man who looks like he's in his 40s!

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I recent article came out where Sakurai was saying it would be difficult to incorporate capcom characters. But Mega Man would work perfectly. he is basically a smaller samus. I wonder what Sakurai was thinking the public wanted. Chris Redfield, maybe? lol

I also want Simon Belmont badly, but I guess Konami is already represented by Snake. All well
My gut reaction was characters from Capcom's fighting games. Which is silly, because Mario's specials are pretty close to what you would end up with if you put Ryu in anyway. UP+B Shoryuken, Forward+B Hurricane Kick, Neutral B hadouken, down + B... slightly different Hurricane Kick like they did for Sonic.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
My gut reaction was characters from Capcom's fighting games. Which is silly, because Mario's specials are pretty close to what you would end up with if you put Ryu in anyway. UP+B Shoryuken, Forward+B Hurricane Kick, Neutral B hadouken, down + B... slightly different Hurricane Kick like they did for Sonic.
Side B could be the donkey kick he has in SF3, Marvel and SFxT. His neutrals and aerials could be his normals. You'd have to include his two command normals so that he has enough smash attacks, too. It could totally work!

Ecks

Smash Lord
All this Phoenix Trite talk reminds me of this.

@The Good Doctor. Yes, just like that.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I think I would probably have to go with Fawful. He's too great of a character to have only appeared in 3 games.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
The problem with Ryu is he definitely doesnt associate with Nintendo. Definitely the least likely of Capcom reps. Other than Dante.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Definitely Megaman. So much potential.

As for first party characters, Skull Kid because Majora's Mask is the greatest game of all time.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
The problem with Ryu is he definitely doesnt associate with Nintendo. Definitely the least likely of Capcom reps. Other than Dante.
What exactly do you mean by doesn't associate? If it has to do with how many games he's been in for Nintendo consoles, I'm pretty sure he beats Snake. Personally, I would kind of like to see him because he's their flagship fighter character and it would be cool to see how the character that's basically the template for 2D fighting games works in a different kind of fighter. That said, I think he's boring as dirt in every other way, and Megaman would be a much better choice.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I'd rather not see any third parties in the next game to be honest.
I think I'd rather avoid the ragesplosion from all of the Sonic fans. Also, Sonic's too fun to not show up in the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom