• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
I just think the best characters should require a higher learning curve and shouldn't be as easy to play as the moderately good characters...

I R MarF

Smash Ace
+1
no
+2
no no no
+100
lol Your post made me really lol
Why all the hate.:(

I think it would be slightly unfair for a character that is relatively easy to use to be as good as a hard character to use. The best characters in melee were all pretty hard to use with the exception of marth. This is my opinion of course...
Personally, i think Sheik and Jiggs are way easier to use. They both require little tech skill to perform. Much less than Marth does who actually has a pretty deep spacing game.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
It means that there's an Easter egg for up taunting on contact with side b.
is this confirmed? or just something you made up?

iirc peach's side-b was given a power boost and a similar trajectory to falcon's knee....therefore the falcon reference

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I just think the best characters should require a higher learning curve and shouldn't be as easy to play as the moderately good characters...
From my experience, using a character with an easy learning curve won't be of much use if you're facing someone competent at the game.

To use a MTG analogy; when a pro using an unoptimized deck goes up against a novice using a tournament winner he found online, the pro wins every time.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Why all the hate.:(

Personally, i think Sheik and Jiggs are way easier to use. They both require little tech skill to perform. Much less than Marth does who actually has a pretty deep spacing game.
You're over analyzing something that you haven't played yet. Wait until the game comes out, then test to your heart's content. Afterwards, if you have something that needs to be brought to the dev's attention, tell them. You'll also be taken much more seriously if you provide a vid as reference.

tl;dr- use actions, not words. Then people will listen to you.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
I still think marth is far easier to use than jiggs, but maybe not sheik.. lets not turn this into an argument over who is easiest to use... i was just giving an example

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
So im guessing the new demo is coming around 11:59pm? lol.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
This is difficult to gauge because game balance between characters and their learning curves is not something that is black and white.

The problem with your idea is that it would affect the playability of other characters. For instance, lets make up an imaginary fighting game with two selectable characters: Bob and Jim.

Bob is very hard to master, but an excellent character

Jim is very easy to play, but just as good as Bob.

Everyone would then play Jim because he is easier to be consistent with.

Now spin it in the way you are talking about:

Bob is the same: high learning curve but great character

Jim is still easy to play, but he is inferior to Bob

Now Bob is affecting the playability of Jim because even though he is harder to be consistent with, he is the superior player. This why you find so many Falco and Fox players. I mean look at Falco, yes, tech skill is tough and his recovery is poor, but he has so many options and his lasers give him an immediate upperhand on most of the cast because his zone and harass game is awesome.

The best way to approach this issue is to make sure every character has their own individual sets issues to overcome and strengths to utilize. Marth may not have many barriers to overcome in the technical department but he has an interesting spacing game between tips and sourspot hits and struggles at high percents. He is also one of the easiest characters in the game to combo which is supplemented by having a lot of high end lag on his moves; this is one of the reasons why a character like Sheik can destroy him.

I find characters like Sheik and Jiggs an interesting pair, because, fundamentally speaking, they should affect the playability of other characters because of how good they are for the effort they recquire, yet they don't really. Probably because their playstyles aren't as interesting as other characters. But thats mainly opinion.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Whenever game and watch hits a 9 on judgment, does the hitbox shrink like in melee, or is it buffed by not having that drawback?
Do you also play game and watch?

I don't see to many people playing him :/

So, who else is excited for Lucario? Can't wait to test out his shield pressure options, here. :V
I am looked so good in streams and some videos i saw

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Marth players :urg:
Marth players have nothing to do with it though. If Marth can't follow up after a Fthrow it's do to DI or the character he's fighting's overall design. You can't do much to a puff after Fthrow unless the Puff wants to be hit.

thats what i mean.. shiek might be easier than marth..both are a joke imo
To compare sheik's difficulty to Marth is to compare Fox's difficulty to Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom