• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I read the write-ups. I still think I disagree with buffs to Peach. Don't really understand why she needs any of them when her Melee self kicks *** already.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I agree! I also disagree that Peach gets those system buffs that all the other characters do... and that utilt? **** hearts. Give her her headbutt back!

Also, you shouldn't know what attack you're going to get for Fsmash! That's bull****!

Ecks

Smash Lord
Meh, Falcon got some buffs, it's ok for Peach to get some too.

Oh, and Ganon. Never forget Ganon.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie. Korra was extremely disappointing . Besides 70 years equating to what looked like 150 by the technology, the fact that Korra has the most trouble learning air bending doesn't really make much sense considering there was a theme set up that avatars have trouble learning their opposite element. The character's personality isn't much to look at either. "Hot headed female," seems to be her only defining quality. Katara and Toph were more than cutouts, while Korra gets the most generic personality for a female heroine possible. I'd like to see a lower stance in her technique looking at her outfit, but that's a more asthetic matter.
The only thing that really bothered me is that I believe Tenzin said that Aang had issues learning Earth bending like Korra has issues with Air. IIRC, Fire was the most difficult for him, seeing as he started it in season 1 and didn't master it until the final season.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
The only thing that really bothered me is that I believe Tenzin said that Aang had issues learning Earth bending like Korra has issues with Air. IIRC, Fire was the most difficult for him, seeing as he started it in season 1 and didn't master it until the final season.
Actually, Aang learned how to do it, he just didn't want to hurt anyone with it (He burned Katara)

But off-topic discussion aside, my 3 new mains/secondaries have their write-ups :D get hyped.
This gon' be good.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Oh man, when did they announce The Last Airbender in Project M?

: /

Back on track, I'm really looking forward to seeing how these tweaks pan out for characters. Seeing a mostly 64 Ness come into the Melee top-tier playing field really interests me... My friends and I always had hypothetical discussions of how it'd go - now we'll kinda get to see.

Also: Anyone else notice Pokemon Trainer isn't on the Project M character page anymore? When did that happen?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Meh, Falcon got some buffs, it's ok for Peach to get some too.

Oh, and Ganon. Never forget Ganon.
Except Peach is way better than both of those characters. C. Falcon and Ganon still have a terribly easy to edge-guard recovery and practically no useful OoS options. Peach has got a projectile, one of the best recoveries in the game, and can float cancel her aerials giving her a ridiculous pressure wall. She deserves no buffs.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Question on the CSS, hopefully this won't get buried immediately: could you have a download for the base format for the CSS icons? It'd make it easier for customization purposes.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Except Peach is way better than both of those characters. C. Falcon and Ganon still have a terribly easy to edge-guard recovery and practically no useful OoS options. Peach has got a projectile, one of the best recoveries in the game, and can float cancel her aerials giving her a ridiculous pressure wall. She deserves no buffs.
I am terribly amused when people say that Peach is "way better" than Captain Falcon.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh It's just because I already have stuff on my SD card's so I want to know how much space to clear is all
^This. But I can probably make the space just by deleting the leftover remains of demo1 (after I save the few textures that I didn't have in my normal game).

You said it would probably be in the morning or even afternoon. So I assumed early afternoon at the latest. My misunderstanding I guess.
He said the development would work through the afternoon, implying that it wouldn't come up until closer to the end of the day.

Complete Demo 2 Roster and Character Select Screen!
http://i.imgur.com/1o8uF.png

Click the picture to go to the website where you can view character pages for Luigi, Ness, Peach, Pikachu, and Pit!
Nice, almost missed the announcement by skimming through the hype (good thing I chose to read every page instead of skipping to the last page).

Melee main in top right corner, P:M main in top left corner. Cool.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Remind me why Brawl Utilt and and a Predictable Side Smash are too good, again?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I am terribly amused when people say that Peach is "way better" than Captain Falcon.
Captain Falcon is simply more popular and thus he has a more developed meta game because his playerbase is massive. This doesn't change the fact that Peach is fundamentally superior to him in a multitude of categories and I would go as far to argue that she is as good as Marth. Marth just has the relativity advantage because his spacies MUs are good and half of the people that play Melee play Fox or Falco.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Remind me why Brawl Utilt and and a Predictable Side Smash are too good, again?
Some chars have bad moves and are still amazing characters. She deserves those buffs as much as Marth deserves a useful usmash and dsmash.

You non peach mains should really STFU about the buff. you don't know what you're talking about.
Please elaborate why she needs them when she is a great character.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The peach buffs aren't as helpful as the C.Falcon Buffs imo. I see no reason to cry over them. She is not arguably as good as Marth though. Based on results of recent years she's slightly better than Marth. No I am not talking about M2K or Armada. Erasing both their results Peach still outplaces Marth most of the time.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Peach basically has no buffs except for the universal ability to glide toss, new utilt (which is good admittedly) and apparently there's something going on with side b.

A b laser-reversing falco is much more threatening than that imo.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Spikes are generally really good, they are cherry-picked on who gets them because of how potent they can be. That's all there is to it, really.
And Falco/Marth get them, too.
See: cherry-picked. We've added a few spikes to the game, so I'm really not seeing why you've got such a hating hard-on for spikes. They've worked just fine in the last decade.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Plus, those two particular spikes are on moves that have a huge amount of endlag, making them entirely unreliable to use off stage unless you're DJing back onto the stage with it.

JTsm

Smash Master
People really need to start playing the game before hating on it... lol.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
See: cherry-picked. We've added a few spikes to the game, so I'm really not seeing why you've got such a hating hard-on for spikes. They've worked just fine in the last decade.
Because spikes are incredbly good and Falco and Marth are incredibly good on their own without them. They "worked fine" because we just got used to these powerhouses having another incredibly strong option in their incredibly strong arsenal.

Then again, I think all spikes should be meteors, so take that into consideration. I find spikes bad for the game in general - adding spikes to characters who actually need them does help the sting, though, don't get me wrong. I appreciate that more than you know.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
That was a matter of him choosing not to learn it, first time he tried he was tossing the fire around like nothing, earth was a big problem for him though, I will admit I didn't like that they took back what was said about the avatar having a hard time learning the opposite element rather than what's opposite to their personality, which also doesn't make sense because Air is the element of freedom, yet seeing how free-spirited Korra is and how strict Tenzin is, it really makes no sense

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Complete Demo 2 Roster and Character Select Screen!

Click the picture to go to the website where you can view character pages for Luigi, Ness, Peach, Pikachu, and Pit!
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh Pikachu writeup

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get his Melee skin.

Lol at all the people viewing the thread already. XD

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, when did they announce The Last Airbender in Project M?

: /

Back on track, I'm really looking forward to seeing how these tweaks pan out for characters. Seeing a mostly 64 Ness come into the Melee top-tier playing field really interests me... My friends and I always had hypothetical discussions of how it'd go - now we'll kinda get to see.

Also: Anyone else notice Pokemon Trainer isn't on the Project M character page anymore? When did that happen?
Thats old news they been took out the pokemon trainer
^
Captain Falcon is simply more popular and thus he has a more developed meta game because his playerbase is massive. This doesn't change the fact that Peach is fundamentally superior to him in a multitude of categories and I would go as far to argue that she is as good as Marth. Marth just has the relativity advantage because his spacies MUs are good and half of the people that play Melee play Fox or Falco.
You are kinda annoying..I see why people was picking fights with you yesterday
Just shut up and deal with the fact that she got buff's
I'm not a peach main and my rival is, hearing she got buff's i don't agree with don't make me wanna argue an (Most likely) not changing thing and make people give you reason's why it need's to be done... be sides if you REALLY i mean REALLY hate the fact that she got buff.. then edit it yourself when it comes out. lmao....

Now with that being said
I need to get peach textures now :/

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Because spikes are incredbly good and Falco and Marth are incredibly good on their own without them. They "worked fine" because we just got used to these powerhouses having another incredibly strong option in their incredibly strong arsenal.
I'm pretty sure one of the reasons they are "incredibly good" is because of their spikes...what would Falco be without his dair?
A slower Fox with a kewl laser

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Then again, I think all spikes should be meteors, so take that into consideration. I find spikes bad for the game in general - adding spikes to characters who actually need them does help the sting, though, don't get me wrong. I appreciate that more than you know.
Again, both those spikes are on moves that are very unreliable off stage because of their high endlag. They cannot be used to the same degree that meteors can because they have to be set up differently.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Thats old news they been took out the pokemon trainer
However, he was on the character page until recently, which is what was addressed. I assume that one of the devs asked Dantarion to edit that out (along with the intro page always showing up when you first visit the site) when the site got borked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom