• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelue

Smash Lord
Back in demo 1 you could not hold a partial charge. It was an all or nothing affair iirc.
And kaizo, I know there is no benefit beyond being able to finish charging again later. Oh, and to force approaches.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
my mistake i somehow misunderstood what you were indicating

Edit: not sure i like the idea of partial charges for OU. We already see Lucas almost always have OU through-out matches due to not loosing charge on hits and it not taking all that long to fully charge. it can easily be charged in-between stocks or when the opponent is sent flying. wonder what convinced them that Lucas needed partial charges...

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Is the "Unlock Everything" code going to be included with Demo 2? This would be especially useful for anyone who hasn't put the time into Brawl and wants to do music replacements.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
does snake's side b still suck? i still think his side b should be that pistol in his sidearm... and i heard/saw that he can't airdodge after upb, why?

on the bright side he seems faster and can walk while grabbing <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Will there be a PAL version of Project M or do i have to get a NTSC copy?
There will not be a PAL release for demo 2. In the end, we hope to release to PAL, but we don't have any dedicated code porters and having a PAL version would also require complete rebuilding of every character .pac because of SFX being changed.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm mad that the last post I read last night was the last post before the good post.
I'm hella afraid of G&W now.

also
**** YES you can hold partial charges now for OU!
/personal victory
No he can't, just saying. We'll ammend the writeup to clarify this point.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
We just don't have many motivated PAL coders so it takes much longer to do the work. We still plan on an eventual release.

leelue

Smash Lord
You cannot hold a partial offense up charge. It's just a bad wording on the page. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up.

While the charge can be canceled and held at any time during the charge, there is no benefit to holding a partial charge; Lucas' smashes will remain at their normal power until the full charge is complete

That's more than bad wording, that's pretty much misinformation there.
And here I am, thinking I made a difference.
[disappointment]

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I was personally hoping for ZSS but obviously either she or her other half arn't ready yet
Kinda confused why samus has to be ready for zss to be included. Unless u r using a smashball Its not like zss can turn into samus, and correct me if i'm wrong but this is meant to be competitive so who cares about smashballs?

:phone:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Future idea for Ness/Lucas Up-B's to set them apart:

Ness: PKT1 is Transcendent and thus can not be eaten by attacks. PKT2 grants invincibility though a large portion of the move. The only way to gimp Ness is to take the PKT2 to the face or edgeguard him before he hits himself.

Lucas: PKT1 is non-transcendent and can be eaten by other attacks. During the start-up of PKT1, Lucas has invincibility. PKT2 has only start up invincibility, and if done in the tightest curve, the invincibility from PKT1 into 2 is frame-perfect. To edgeguard Lucas you have to attack his PKT1 or wait until the beginning invincibility of PKT2 is gone, as can be done currently.

leelue

Smash Lord
Kinda confused why samus has to be ready for zss to be included. Unless u r using a smashball Its not like zss can turn into samus, and correct me if i'm wrong but this is meant to be competitive so who cares about smashballs?

I can't say whether or not ZSS was dependent on Samus to be eligible, but they were linked by some silly taunt mechanism as well.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I can't say whether or not ZSS was dependent on Samus to be eligible, but they were linked by some silly taunt mechanism as well.
But that is only samus turning into zss, not the other way around. So still doesnt effect zss as a lone character

Edit@toaster: true but then can somone tell me what is incomplete about her? Is it her recovery is to gimpable but lf things i have watched its the only thing that seems like an issue. (I really want to tech chase dsmash people)

leelue

Smash Lord
Future idea for Ness/Lucas Up-B's to set them apart:

Ness: PKT1 is Transcendent and thus can not be eaten by attacks. PKT2 grants invincibility though a large portion of the move. The only way to gimp Ness is to take the PKT2 to the face or edgeguard him before he hits himself.

Lucas: PKT1 is non-transcendent and can be eaten by other attacks. During the start-up of PKT1, Lucas has invincibility. PKT2 has only start up invincibility, and if done in the tightest curve, the invincibility from PKT1 into 2 is frame-perfect. To edgeguard Lucas you have to attack his PKT1 or wait until the beginning invincibility of PKT2 is gone, as can be done currently.
Doesn't the "tightest curve" send lucas at downward angle?

Revven

FrankerZ
Well I'm sorry. Even though I follow this thread regularly there's no faq index or anything.
1. There is, it's called the first post.

2. Said FAQ applies to demo 1 but there are things there that do still apply

3. Said FAQ will see an update when demo 2 hits

Thank you.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
There are ways for PAL users to get PM but it's not an entierly legal thing.

Also, Lucas is tons better than he was in the first demo. Don't think he's weak because he's hard to play well.

jalued

Smash Lord
There are ways for PAL users tog et PM but it's not an entierly legal thing.

Also, Lucas is tons better than he was in the first demo. Don't think he's weak because he's hard to play well.
I don't have any experience with how good Lucas is, and I'm not pretending I have. However, he's been the backroom joke for the last few months, so its just a bit unbelevable that he is eligable for demo 2. It feels like a last minute decision to try and fill the announced "29 characters" because another character didn't work out in time

ZSS on the other hand seems to have been solid for the last few months (I could be wrong, but this is what i and many have taken from streams) and said to transition smoothly into the melee enviroment. If she is somehow connected to samus, then that is fair enough but It all seems very wierd

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lucas have been a very high priority the last few months and we had Shell, Haloedhero and Silentdoom join the fray to make sure everything went smoothly.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Lucas isn't crappy in the sense that he can't perform at a high level.

He's crappy because he's janky.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
ZSS on the other hand seems to have been solid for the last few months (I could be wrong, but this is what i and many have taken from streams) and said to transition smoothly into the melee enviroment. If she is somehow connected to samus, then that is fair enough but It all seems very wierd
It would be nice to get some kind of confirmation on ZSS and if she needs to be connected to Samus from the PMBR.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
ok then, well this thread has been very misleading for the last few months
It hasn't been very long since Lucas got to where we wanted him, so some of us have complained publicly about it, but even those who just don't like using the character admit that he's gotten much more interesting.

As the the Samus and ZSS thing, I don't have any authority to respond to that and I'd like to avoid getting scolded. Just so you know that I don't mean to ignore you.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Zss's down b should work like cammy's hooligan with some adjustments for smash. So like u should be able to grab out of it, attack out of it, and jump/and or air dodge out of it. Atm my thought while standing make it go the height where u would be inside the battlefield lower platforms but not land on them, this is so u can use it and not get hit by falco lasers. (Of course idk the height of the current down b so this might be a bad change) (also i know this wont be considered for her at all)

Another thought i had assuming her recovery is a issue due to predictability u could add a option to get some invincibility or armor frames like oli down b in brawl which could be used once per tether to help her get back to the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom