• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelue

Smash Lord
My avatar is golduck

also, genkaku, wouldn't it be fair to argue that because bf has those extra movement options that it is less neutral because of the extra advantage it provides those characters? smashville gives and takes away the advantages to movement and recovery in a predictable way, which in my eyes is the best of all worlds.
Im biased though; I love smashville. That or the consistent frozen ps2.

I don't know anything about the blast zones on stages except for obvious ones like melee yoshi's floor and rumble fall's walls.

What I do know, kink, is that yoshi's in melee has those tapered edges which.. kinda matter.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Even the Brawl BF in the demo had edited platforms that made them the same size and position as Melee. IIRC the blast zones were Melee sized too. I thought that the whole recent discussion about which BF to use was about the ledges, because that's really the only difference between the two.
Correct. Only difference between Battlefield: M(brawl bf) and Melee Battlefield are the aesthetics and ledges.
Kink, bf in the demo is melee sized. It's ported using melee's exact values. lol

Leelue - RF's blastzones have been fixed if you've seen a recent stream or played on RF at EY's place

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
The Melee BF ledges were kind of annoying, but they made the stage a good cp vs spacies. I even cp'ed it versus a Peach player once because I knew he had a tendency to get stuck under the ledge with his Up B (and he did in that match :)).
I guess it's for the better, but I'm still gonna miss those screwy ledges.

G

genkaku

also, genkaku, wouldn't it be fair to argue that because bf has those extra movement options that it is less neutral because of the extra advantage it provides those characters? smashville gives and takes away the advantages to movement and recovery in a predictable way, which in my eyes is the best of all worlds.
yeah, I was thinking about that. BF is really good for movement, but I don't think that it polarizes things enough in but a few matchups to matter.
Smashville gives and takes away in a way that makes it ok and bad for movement alternatively, haha. Mostly I think it makes a less perfect neutrality because it potentially limits fluidity or favors a horizontal basis to a great enough extent that sometimes I'm going to strike it for the same reasons I would strike PS2, whereas it's more difficult for me to think of conditions where I would use a strike for BF other than just not liking the stage.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I recently got Yoshiiscool (best melee yoshi in TN) and IHSB (Ihavespaceballs) to play some PM after we played a bunch of melee.

It was a build from like early october, but they seemed to have some fun.

I don't know how much was done to yoshi but Yoshiiscool pointed out a few things like not being able to parry or instant ledge snap.

IHSB seemed to like it more than Yoshiiscool. That could have just been me. He said that he couldn't bomb jump off shield I think.

Anyway, I had a few other TN smashers try it as well and they seemed to be very positive about it... Would be really awesome if someone in TN had access to SVN, but I hear the second demo is coming out soon. Unless Yoshiiscool tells me otherwise I will probably be playing a lot more PM with smashers here pretty regularly.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Smashville is the most neutral stage in any Smash game imo. It also gets used the most as the first stage in tournament sets in my experience, and I've run a lot of P:M tourneys.

Yoshi can instant ledge snap just like he can in Melee. Dunno what that guy was doing wrong.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to ask Jack if he has any advice for us.
Hmm... Don't know how helpful he would be considering how old my build was.

Yoshi can instant ledge snap just like he can in Melee. Dunno what that guy was doing wrong.
Guess I can let yoshiiscool know that. Unless yoshi is in the demo.
There's no way he was screwing it up. His melee yoshi is crazy. It's what that dude said.

Yeh, I kept asking if they had any advice on characters and what feels off and what not... As they were giving it to me, I realized the build was too old for it to have any use. Of course I let them know stuff that hadn't been coded yet like stickytechs ,tethers (this build was right before tethers) ledgehog timing... Was a lot of fun though.. I could actually win some matches in PM... My link was getting ***** by them in melee. I wasn't doing to bad against yoshi sometimes, but I got ****ed by Jack. God damn.

Rikana

Smash Champion
If thy enjoy an outdated build such as October's, I'm sure they would be very pleased with the pmbr build or even the upcoming demo.

leelue

Smash Lord
@monk
That's too bad. I liked having a stage that big with blastzones fairly close-by. They didn't have to be a stone's throw away, but I liked the matchup variance there (especially for someone like sonic)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Good to know BF's platforms were also fixed, I'd have known that if THE STAGE SCREEN ON DANT'S SITE EVER GOT FINISHED.
Sorry, we've been busy making a game.

Speaking of, 50-50 chance I'll stream this evening. Depends on if I'm feeling sick or not.

Non-sucky friend(tm) would be joining me.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Good to know BF's platforms were also fixed, I'd have known that if THE STAGE SCREEN ON DANT'S SITE EVER GOT FINISHED.
BF's platforms were already in the same locations, sizes, etc. of Melee in the demo. The entire stage had everything about Melee BF ported except for having Melee's underside.
E: Only change from Demo BF and current BF would be the collision fix on the underside.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
random thought
....do you guys plan on removing the ability for certain characters to move while falling during hold specials? i've always thought it looked bad/unfitting

why should only bowser/zard/link/TL/pit/zss/ike..etc. have this ability? not saying its a game changing mechanic or anything but personally i would prefer to see it gone across the roster.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
fox/falco's blaster is not a hold/charge special toasty

i'm just saying it looks bad since the animations during these moves are mostly still animations

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't know how saying that is supposed to suddenly make your point correct.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I'm not complaining.... I just wanted to see people's thoughts on this
especially since very similar moves don't share this trait

for example Ike's Eruption vs Marths shield-breaker
Ike's quickdraw vs Luigi/Pikachu's side-b
Link's bow vs diddy's blaster

Edit: and my mistake, ur right kingclubber it was P:M that gave certain characters this ability. So was it intentional or it just happened due to certain codes?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yea...i'm bad at explaining myself SB.
but at least I know what i'm talking about lol

and thx for the response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom