• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
are you gona explain what you ment?
don't need to since I already got an answer, but I will just for your amusement
I meant that ,to me, characters moving left and right in the air during these "charge" animations looks weird/unfitting to me

not sure why such a simple statement brought so much saltiness out of u guys

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
One of you guys should apply. It sounds like the TN scene is an active place that would warmly accept Project M.
Yeh, there would be plenty of good players here to play and test with some nice character diversity.

Too bad they are all cool with just playing melee. If I bring PM over everyone will play it, and some will really enjoy it. The best players here probably wouldn't go though the effort to submit an application.

I would love to bring it down for everyone to on a regular basis, but I don't have the credentials or videos to get in the PMBR. I was in it for a few months doing art... but, that was a long while back.

I do agree that the TN scene seems to be pretty accepting and could give some good feed back... I would have to be a kind of liaison though to get it to them.. Since they are all good will strait melee. Unless I bring it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Going to be streaming in about an hour. I'll have WA's best should-be-ranked player: pandacheck/do-dirty.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Symmetry is generally good for a competitive stage, because a positional advantage doesn't inherently reinforce itself as heavily (outside of vertical symmetry usually not existing). I'm just kind of ranting around here and not really representing the PMBR here btw; my stance on stage legality HEAVILY differs from the majority of the PMBR, perhaps mostly because of my MBR membership. :p

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
Any news on footstools? Are they still mapped to Up Taunt, were they removed, or did you alter them in any way since the demo? I never saw a footstool happening in any stream or Youtube vid, is it because it's that terrible, or just unexplored territory?

I may not be the best competitive player, but it did seem to me like it could have some niche use, if only for a few characters. I mean, despite it's terrible range, footstooling is still a frame-1 spike cancelable by any action. I'm not sure how useful that would be in high-level play, but against grounded opponents, footstool to waveland gives you frame advantadge, especially against smaller characters.

As for character specifics, there's at least one that seems really useful : against grounded opponents, Ganon's footstool links perfectly into a ground-spiking dair.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I think I'm going to start playing Lucario again more often. I randomly picked him today after not playing him for months and did really well against somebody who generally gives my Pit and DDD a hard time. I don't particularly care for the character, but I get good results with him, so I might as well keep him in my pocket.

Playing multiple characters feels weird, though. I'm used to being a character purist, but I currently have about 6 characters I could see myself using in serious games. This is a good thing for playtesting, but probably bad for developing as a player. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
in a competitive setting if pm comes out super balanced, i could see counterpicking could be a lot prevalent than in melee.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Playing multiple characters feels weird, though. I'm used to being a character purist, but I currently have about 6 characters I could see myself using in serious games. This is a good thing for playtesting, but probably bad for developing as a player. Dilemmas, dilemmas.
Keep it up and soon you'll be able to main Random, the best character in the game. Random should get an actuall character picture i vote for this

It even has a question mark in it :)

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I think the random button should work like melee, where once you drop your character-select coin onto the tile, it selects your random character immediately.

you can then go "ew, gross. i don't want to play against the cpu's kirby. it doesn't know what the hell it's doing" and hit random again, instead of having to wait to be in game.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I use all 3 jump buttons for different reasons; tap-jump for fullhop/ doublejump, Y for shorthop, and X for wavedashing and wavelanding.

problem, footstool? :troll:

iLink

Smash Champion
I had jump set to Y and grab set to X for the longest time. Took a while to get used to me changing footstool to X.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Would it be possible to map footstooling to R but not L? I don't use R anyway since I'm a lefty, might as well give it a shot.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@dpad, or, the taunt footstool code could be updated to be all of dpad and not just up. that way you can hit anywhere on the dpad to footstool. no loss of a taunt needed.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I actually mapped footstool to the R trigger in the demo. I still didn't use it though. Like not even once. XD

R trigger is just too awkward for me. Which is kinda dumb because I use z all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom