• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching videos from last weekends stream for days now. Great variety of characters, and some really nice skillful matches from all around. (except **** ryokos peach)
This post makes me sad and confused in all the right places.

leelue

Smash Lord
When I read Garbagebag and Ice Cream Mcgoo I laughed harder than I have in days.

Hm
Which are the whack pokes in gen 2...

Sudowoodo?
Chasing the legendary dogs?
Sunkern?
Sunflora?
Hitmontop?
Smeargle. Notice how this is not a question.

Oh
BTW
I will never forgive them for having the 4th gym be the ghost gym. Ever.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Gen V, in the eyes of many veterans and even newer players, is madly deceptive, in regard to its metagame. Usually, people tend to perceive Gen V as being fun, due to the wider range of Pokemon and team styles to use; contrarily however, Gen V is filled to the brim with repetition -- the same cookie cutter bull****, over and over again. Honestly, I didn't mind the power creep, nor the introduction of Drizzle and Drought into the OU metagame. My only beef with Gen V is the the players. Zapdos, Swampert and many other Pokemon having been put out of a job pales in comparison to witnessing a very good chunk of the community sticking their heads up their *****. VoltTurn is one of the main reasons behind why Gen V's OU metagame is complete garbage. It's a very good concept to base a team around, as it requires very little effort to use early in the game, and with a bit of prediction, can rip apart even the most well built of teams. Now that even the scrubs have caught onto VoltTurn, OU's metagame development has slowed down considerably. In Gen IV, innovations and trends were commonplace; in Gen V, every other team is rain stall or based around VoltTurn + Terrakion. Gen V UU is no better. The Pokemon that previously (would have) ran OU now lurk the corners of UU. Zapdos assgroping most of UU is really sad, IMHO.

:phone:

cmart

Smash Lord
Yeah the legion at least won't be attending Sypher's, so there isn't much P: M related reason to come down this weekend, Dark.Pch. You can always check our crew thread to see if we've got anything planned.

D

Deleted member

Yeah the legion at least won't be attending Sypher's, so there isn't much P: M related reason to come down this weekend, Dark.Pch. You can always check our crew thread to see if we've got anything planned.
True fact, I told the hostess at Buffalo Wild Wings to register the table of 9 as "The Legion" and she called me a badass, I'm not even in your crew lol

I basically can't go to any VA tournaments ever, any time I threaten chu's winnings with my attendance it causes a big family drama. Legion fests are a great escape from the drama. Also you guys have a monopoly on thunderhorse.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I see.

I guess there is only one thing for me too do then. I'm gonna try and apply to be a play tester again. i tried once but did not get in. I'll try again. I can't seem to reach gurukid and we live like maybe 2 hours away. I have a friend though who was hyped on P.M. And he lives 15 mins away from me. So if I can get to be a play tester, I can play and stream with him.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sypher's monthly in VA (p. close to MD)

...link

i'm interested

Take a trip to MD so you can learn ROB from JC :V

Or just come to MD / play with one of the NY PMBRers.

or you can come to sova huehuehue

where is this sypher thing taking place in va

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
sup doods
finally got around to installing project m, and i'm really impressed. the carryover of melee's physics is ****ing awesome

a few problems that i've encountered though:
-Many of the stages aren't what they claim to be in the selection. For example, dream land goes to the melee version with the falling bombs (not the original that the picture claims). Around half of the stages that I tried straight up took me to different stages, which bums me out, since i was excited to try some like the project m temple
-lucas has no directional air dodge, making wavedashing impossible. was this intentional? is this a known error?

that's all that's gotten in my way so far, and i'm just curious if there are any solutions (especially to the stage problem)

thanks!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't have that issue but my Sonic likes to fall absurdly fast after using his Up B. I don't know if a file corruption happened in my download.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Dark.Pch, demo2 will be out end of march/ beginning of april, so it isn't that far away :p Hope you get in as a playtester though!

You should grab Laijin, get him back into smash and record a bunch of peach vs toonlink vids :awesome:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
GD06, well, my comment was aimed at DwightDL - but it doesn't hurt for both of you to do a reinstall.

@Daze, I don't think Laijin plays all that much anymore. I haven't seen him in the YL boards for quite some time.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, lol i know for a fact that he doesn't really play anymore, monk :p

Thats why I said "Grab Laijin and get him BACK into smash-" :)

It's a shame he doesn't play anymore though :( him and jash were my idols 4 years ago when I first joined SWF

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch, demo2 will be out end of march/ beginning of april, so it isn't that far away :p Hope you get in as a playtester though!

You should grab Laijin, get him back into smash and record a bunch of peach vs toonlink vids :awesome:
I live no where near Lajin.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
^ What he said. Laijin still lives in MD, he just plays League of Legends/UMvC3. I drink with him on a somewhat frequent basis and have tried to convince him to come back, but he's kinda done with Smash in general.

True fact, I told the hostess at Buffalo Wild Wings to register the table of 9 as "The Legion" and she called me a badass, I'm not even in your crew lol

I basically can't go to any VA tournaments ever, any time I threaten chu's winnings with my attendance it causes a big family drama. Legion fests are a great escape from the drama. Also you guys have a monopoly on thunderhorse.
Lol half of the atendees weren't even in the Legion. Still badass though.

Also true facts @ having a monopoly on me.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I played Laijin like a month ago. He's pretty terrible at smash now haha. Too much 2D fighter methinks.

Also, 9K tied/outplaced SoVa (not like it was hard though).

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
Try reinstalling / using a different SD card. Are you using Gecko OS?
I'll give another SD a shot and reinstall.

And yeah I'm using Gecko OS. I'm actually launching straight from Gecko OS instead of going through stage builder. Is that a problem? When I try and go through stage builder Gecko OS fails to launch and I'm just in stage builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom