• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cia

das kwl
Everyone name search
i didn't need to. Not only have i recently been active in this thread, but macd and i were already laughing about that post.

we just think it's funny how everyone thinks that when a better player does something, they've OBVIOUSLY done it first and when other players have success, it's because they're "copying" the aforementioned better player.

zz

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i didn't need to. Not only have i recently been active in this thread, but macd and i were already laughing about that post.

we just think it's funny how everyone thinks that when a better player does something, they've OBVIOUSLY done it first and when other players have success, it's because they're "copying" the aforementioned better player.

zz
As I said I meant it in the sense that it was rediscovered by him. I'm pretty sure MikeG actually was the first Peach to really beat up on Marth. I know Wife did ok in the MU with the Dsmashing an Float cancel traps.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Innovation >>>>>>>>>>> Invention

Just saying.
yeah this is true.

The guy who invented Sh Lasers is by no means a better falco than Mango/PP.

As for what I said for Armada he probably didn't write the book on any MU's but he certainly compiled all the info, refined it, and got the book published.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I'm not a fan of that idea, I like how they give stage control and can be used as a lasting obstacle. I actually like that part of the bananas more than the combos out of throwing them.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If the IC's AI **** never works out in the end, you could always... uh, well, there's this:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Another thing that kind of worries me is the P:M team seems kind of afraid to give the revamped characters a bad move or a move that doesn't compliment their move set... or even a bad recovery.
Toon Link. And look how much complaining it gets.

Get at me, haters. :alakadoof:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I,m actually not fond of the banana move and would rather Diddy would just use Ground slam like in DKC returns (faster, used as a launcher, weaker than DK's). But yeah, as a fan of the old school games, I'm not a big fan of the moveset in general. At the same time, there's not much that lends itself to B-moves in the early games.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Toon Link's recovery >>>>>> P Tier Lucas's.

[collapse= Project M Tier list]

SS Tier
Fox
Falco
Sheik
R.O.B.

S Tier
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Wario
Metaknight
Peach
King DeDeDe
Zero Suit Samus

A Tier
Mario
Donkey Kong
Marth
Ice Cimbers
Captain Falcon
Wolf
Ganondorf
Lucario
Ness
Pit
Samus
Bowser
Mr. Game and Watch

B Tier
Kirby
Diddy
Toon Link
Yoshi
Charizard
Link
Luigi
Olimar
Sonic
Pikachu
Ike
Squirtle
Snake

C-O Tiers
Ivysaur

P Tier
Lucas[/collapse]

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Lucas's upb is no longer ********. It's still not very good since the move no longer has any real kb at the end afaict, but it goes further than it used to (still not as far as vBrawl though I don't think). Plus he has a tether.

Still I wish they would add back in Zap Jumping.

And yes I just made up the acronym afaict

By the way mad props for the Sneasel avi, one of my favorite pokemon

leelue

Smash Lord
Dumbest designed move in the game Tier.
I still don't mind this move, at all.
Rob's bair applies the same concept but at another angle, as well as her uair. I'm sure if fox was a lesser canid then the team might've considered leaving in his "helicopter" effect that brawl gave his fair, if only for a moment.

Also, M# one day 5% of the internet will be spoken in acronym form. Jsyk.

Also also, Kink link, you forgot to put ganon in your tier list. I looked all over the top of SS tier and ended up assuming that you just implied as much.
It's either that or he's already banned.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Toon Link's recovery >>>>>> P Tier Lucas's.

[collapse= Project M Tier list]

SS Tier
Fox
Falco
Sheik
R.O.B.

S Tier
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Wario
Metaknight
Peach