• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
1. Waveshine infinites (no longer capable in P:M)
2. Walk-offs

I think that with half of the reasons for banning onett gone, Onett could use another chance.
well, "half of the reasons gone" would be #1 because #2 isnt true because its still a walkoff.

why do you say that waveshine infinites arent possible anymore? you should be able to because the shine hitboxes are ported and whatnot.

so technically, those 2 reasons are still there i suppose

EDIT: oh i see what you mean by waveshine i think. some chars slide too far?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I remember Brawl+ had the stage sped up X2 so the cars came about every 8 seconds, which made it easier to plan for them and made them a more present deterrent.

The cars work differently in Brawl than in Melee too.

iLink

Smash Champion
well, "half of the reasons gone" would be #1 because #2 isnt true because its still a walkoff.

why do you say that waveshine infinites arent possible anymore? you should be able to because the shine hitboxes are ported and whatnot.

so technically, those 2 reasons are still there i suppose

EDIT: oh i see what you mean by waveshine i think. some chars slide too far?
Characters collide with walls now after being hit with shine.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, quite late but
It's goofy and out of place, imo. I felt like I was watching a CRAB BATTLE every time it came out and not in the good way. Like if two dying crabs were trying to escape from each other but kept sadly running into the other instead and then they died and got covered in poop right after.

So, while we're discussing stages, once PS has its Windmill fixed, and if this is possible, how would people feel about replacing the Fire and Rock transformations with PS2's Ice and Electric (slowed and/or reversed conveyor belts)?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
"The image can't be displayed for the moment! Please go to www.gifbin.com to see it." might want to imgur that image

cube, i think thats waaay to much change for PS1 lol. the windmill doesnt seem like it will be able to be fixed :(

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Or you guys could just freeze PS1 on grass field and PS2 on the neutral phase.

seriously, PS2's transformations are so silly

btw, lol Bandit and I were messing around on the stream. Crab tilt is cute, but far from goofy and awkward.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Why the Lylat hate?

To say Onett is a more tourney worthy stage then Lylat is wrong on so many levels.

Lylat is annoying but it is heavily dependant on the character you use. Characters with percise recoveries hate it. Like Fox, Falco, Shiek, Falcon, etc. Characters like Kirby, Zelda, Ness, MK, DDD, Jigglypuff dont mind the tilting on Lylat because many times they dont aim for the edge when recoverying or they dont rely on snapping on the edge to recover.

Lylat isnt a neutral IMO. Its a counterpick stage because of the way it polarizes recovery. But to ban it is foolish.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
PS1 used to be frozen on grass formation a long time ago

i hated it being stuck on that portion. it feels like a good fix right now having the windmill in the back

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Don't include Ness on the list of non-precise recoveries please, he has a lot more risk than most of those other characters have when he uses his recovery move, even after he successfully hits himself.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Ness generally doesnt aim for the ledge, you aim to land on stage somewhere. And abuse his aerial mobilty after Pk thunder is over.

iLink

Smash Champion
I was going to write up my own version of neko's grouping list, but I wanted to know what his reasoning was for the grouping before I go and suggest any changes.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Ness is just doomed to bad recovery for life. Kinda like how Samus is apparently doomed to bad rolls for life.

And I see Pit's up b animation is different now. Good call.

D

Deleted member

if you wanted to know why onett was banned, why didn't you just ask the people that banned it? why would you just assume it was banned for reasons XYZ when you were never a part of that argument?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
not really diggin Pit's new up-b at all. seems like the animation/sfx could get old/annoying fast because of it's additional use onstage now. does not need that ridiculous hitbox IMO

but besides that, i believe Pit's gimping abilities are superb and that he doesn't need a vertical K.O move. especially not in the 70-80%'s

poor Ness :(

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Completely unneeded Wolf idea out of f***ing nowhere, go theorysmash!:

Mimicking Wolf's shine to have the same trajectory knockback as Fox's, but making it to where you have to wait more frames before being able to jump out of it?

This would make Wolf have more options offstage (shine spike much?), but limit his options on stage (no shine combos).

G

genkaku

stage system will probably work well with groups, but the grouping and number of could use a lot of experimentation before anyone tries to project any finalities.
I like FD as a neutral in melee, but it may work better as a CP in PM seeing as there are other, more neutral minded stages available (not that I can tell very well without even demo 2 to experiment with *coughcough*)
Lyat is a great CP. Not too much of a reason to ban it, at least not yet.
Keeping Onett as a CP seems a little bit like keeping a worse/weird Peach's castle legal, only with faster bullet bills and 2 stupid humps. Talk about encouraging camping...

kaizo13

Smash Champion

Mimicking Wolf's shine to have the same trajectory knockback as Fox's, but making it to where you have to wait more frames before being able to jump out of it?

This would make Wolf have more options offstage (shine spike much?), but limit his options on stage (no shine combos).
horrible idea....sorry lol :bee:

his current shine works wonders. you should take a look

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
not really diggin Pit's new up-b at all. seems like the animation/sfx could get old/annoying fast because of it's additional use onstage now. does not need that ridiculous hitbox IMO

but besides that, i believe Pit's gimping abilities are superb and that he doesn't need a vertical K.O move. especially not in the 70-80%'s

poor Ness :sadface:
Ridiculous hitbox? It's kinda hard to sweetspot it IMO. I see what you mean about the sfx though lol.

:phone:

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
My disclaimer stated that it was completely unneeded

I actually quite like Wolf's P:M shine. I was just feeling nostalgic about shine spiking, and then suddenly sad when I realized that I won't be able to shine spike with Wolf when I get my hands on him in demo 2.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Ridiculous hitbox? It's kinda hard to sweetspot it IMO. I see what you mean about the sfx though lol.

maybe the hitbox itself is not ridiculous....but as an addition to Pit's moveset i feel it is.
+ it did look a bit strong even for the "kinda hard to land" sweetspot

just my thoughts

felipe_9595

Smash Lord

I think current shine is perfect, its like a mixture between falcon and fox shine (It launchs an opponent with a trajectory of ... 45 degrees i think?? Somethink like that) , and he haves a lot of options after that (follow with another shine, JC Bair, Uair or Dair. he can even do a Shine > Upsmash > anything else for at least 40 damage).

Wolf is ****.

EDIT: ninjaed for an entire page.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sorry, but I've pretty much assumed the worst out of him at this point. At the very least, I'll try not to get out of hand.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
ignoring him works a lot better Gd06

Edit: anyways how does pit's u-air currently work? I kinda always wanted to see it work as a weak version of TL's new aerial up-b. so you could juggle fast fallers. not a fan of it being multi-hit

9Kplus1

Smash Master
>He has a version of P:M that we don't have
>He's bragged about said leak
>He tried to troll the PMBR by applying for the position of a playtester
>He must suffer our internet hate

legit. Who cares if he's an *******? Welcome to the internet. Sometimes, we're going to encounter people who we don't like at all. It's not like said person has a time machine and is conceiving us as we sit here, defenseless. Add him to your ignore list lol

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
How do you guys feel about rainbow cruise? Do you think with the different types of recoveries characters have that it isn't so bad now?

Edit: stop bashing Felipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom