• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah I mean come on, Yoshi NEEDS it.

Give him some OoS option if he doesn't get his Jump OoS back.

Also have you guys decided on his parry window yet? And does he keep his stretchy Brawl animations? (I love his Brawl animations for some reason)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He doesn't really need an OOS option. I still consider his absolute defense against shield pokes to be a tremendous advantage against characters who rely on shield pressure/shield pokes aka melee top tiers.

And how his shield drop is 1 frame less than a normal shield drop IIRC.

His shielding options are not terrible. They're a step below, but at least he makes up for it in other areas.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh that's right. In Melee his shield drop is LOWER.

Sorry, so used to Brawl, where his shield drop was (maybe just seemed?) laggier than average.

jalued

Smash Lord
He doesn't really need an OOS option. I still consider his absolute defense against shield pokes to be a tremendous advantage against characters who rely on shield pressure/shield pokes aka melee top tiers.

And how his shield drop is 1 frame less than a normal shield drop IIRC.

His shielding options are not terrible. They're a step below, but at least he makes up for it in other areas.
technically though, if a character like fox/falco is shield pressuring you, there are only 3 options available: roll, shield grab or jump OOS (shine OOS, upB OOS etc etc).

Shield grabbing does not work against a good spacie:

So when shield pressuring a yoshi, its even easier for the fox/falco to follow up because they know the yoshi can ONLY roll away.

It doesn't seem like the ability to not be shield poked is balanced if it means when in shield, you will get punished

jalued

Smash Lord
I didn't say it would balance it out. I said it's an advantage against characters who rely on shield pressure.
i don't think it really is.. because shielding leaves you with so little options that it is easy for the opponent to punish you.

It doesn't matter that the shielded hit will never be poked if it guarantees a followup for the opponent

Anyhow, it was just a suggestion only if Yoshi needs the help. He might not need it with his current combo potential (since i havn't played PM)

nawgui

Smash Cadet
For all of the "spreading P:M" talk:

I just took Project M to Gameclucks (WA's biggest regular event, I believe) and had a good chunk of the venue at least watch a few matches, with most of them getting to actually play. I think every single person enjoyed their time with it, and I know it generated a lot of excitement. The biggest thing holding P:M back from being played more is the fact that the demo is decrepit and we haven't put out a better build yet.

A bunch of players kept getting sidetracked by my singular P:M setup instead of playing their bracket matches. :awesome:
that tourney was mad swag, P:M felt even more filthy and awesome then what it did at Genesis 2, I seamlessly transferred from playing melee to P:M back to melee for my matches without feeling much of a difference if even a difference at all

Ecks

Smash Lord
this game is CRAZY

edit:: zelda ****in peefs me off so hard in teams
By "peefs" you off, do you mean "complains like hell"? :awesome:

But seriously, it's so good to hear people aren't having problems transitioning between games. You've come a long way PM.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
This just in: Plank planning a P:M tourney with a catch: No prize money will be awarded!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Of course no prize money would be awarded.

You shouldnt be charging in the first place.

P:M tourneys should be free to enter.

This also means cut the Plank **** this very instant. This thread is not the place for it. And I won't tolerate it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
nawgui needs to tell WA to play more P:M. :V
A bunch of people in WA seem to have various modded versions of Brawl on their systems, but stick with Melee because it's the best thing out there right now. I think there's a chance of more people picking it up post demo 2.

And it was cool seeing ya, nawgui. I think that's the only time I'll ever hear "Oh ****, you're Shadic?" :awesome:

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Sooo...is it safe to assume that the new build will be released before or on Feb. 7th next year?
No, wtf random dates

I remember when people thought the patch was going to be out a few months after the initial build, and then before 2011.

And I remember laughing very hard at that. I initially guessed we wouldn't see it before 2012, and now I even question that, I'd wait till late 2013 at least before expecting anything. This **** takes time to make good, what did you expect?

Ecks

Smash Lord
They already know we want the demo, asking about it won't do anything. I mean, we can always play another game until this comes out y'know.

humble

Smash Ace
@Yoshi talk- You should remove the hop at the start of Yoshi's side-b, so it just immediately starts rolling, rather then having that awkward hop that slows it down so much. Allow him to cancel roll into side-b, and cancel side-b into shield.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Shield cancellable SSpec definitely.

Not sure about SSpec cancellable Shield.

D

Deleted member

@Yoshi talk- You should remove the hop at the start of Yoshi's side-b, so it just immediately starts rolling, rather then having that awkward hop that slows it down so much. Allow him to cancel roll into side-b, and cancel side-b into shield.
Or if Yoshi had his jump, he would become one of the most decent characters in the game.

Its that simple

Rikana

Smash Champion
I don't think the unique trait is the jump oos. I think its the egg that protects him from pokes.

jalued

Smash Lord
I don't think the unique trait is the jump oos. I think its the egg that protects him from pokes.
i think nintendo's thoughts were that protection from shield pokes needed to be balanced. But no jump OOS is far too harsh a punishment, especially considering how the melee metagame evolved (which they could never have know would happen)

MaxThunder

PM Support
i think sakurai just realized that yoshi's shield is an egg, and not some energy... sphere thingy like the rest of the cast has... and that being able to just jump out of an egg is kinda wierd...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
But the thing is if the P:M team is bringing things back from 64 too, Yoshi could jump OoS in 64.

Yoshi is also top of B tier in 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom