• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
A bunch of people in WA seem to have various modded versions of Brawl on their systems, but stick with Melee because it's the best thing out there right now. I think there's a chance of more people picking it up post demo 2.

And it was cool seeing ya, nawgui. I think that's the only time I'll ever hear "Oh ****, you're Shadic?" :awesome:
Dang it, of all the days to take the SAT...

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Between shield stun and acceptable spacing on the opposition's part, when is Yoshi really going to benefit from jumping OoS anyway? Parrying and a slightly faster roll would more than make up for that particular downfall, IMO.

EDIT: That was a serious question. Really, of all of the changes that Yoshi could get, why jumping OoS? Keeping the larger, squishy vBrawl hitboxes, for example, would be so much more helpful than giving Yoshi the ability to jump out of his shield. Not being able to use an aerial OoS can be a bit annoying, but it's one of the many traits that makes Yoshi a unique character.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I've pitched this before, and I'll pitch it again:

Rocket egg.

Yoshi's Story, anyone? Seriously, think of the damage possibility, and the recovery option.

I'm thinkin' he could move at the speed of one of his projectile eggs (possibly. I'm not very good at explaining this sh*t.) and then burst out of it at the same speed.

D

Deleted member

but then he loses a unique trait
Sucking isnt a unique trait

i think sakurai just realized that yoshi's shield is an egg, and not some energy... sphere thingy like the rest of the cast has... and that being able to just jump out of an egg is kinda wierd...
Playing Yoshi in the first place more than offsets the trade off for having an unpokeable shield.

Even if he had his jump out of shield, he still wouldn't be a **** top tier character like Fox/Falco/Sheik

He would be at least a decent character but not too amazing. Perhaps Mid to High tier in my estimation

Anyway I don't want to talk about Yoshi jump OOS anymore b/c idk if the devs are even capable of fixing it or coding it or whatever.

If they are, I've already stated my argument

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Between shield stun and acceptable spacing on the opposition's part, when is Yoshi really going to benefit from jumping OoS anyway? Parrying and a slightly faster roll would more than make up for that particular downfall, IMO.
Yoshi does not suffer from Shieldstun.

and what drpepper said. sucking is not unique.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, I like how we can have things like a real one-slot Dr. Mario costume on Mario, just like people wanted before Brawl came out. It will help add to the Melee "feel" if people decide to download an optional Melee model pack (which I'm sure will be made before Project M is released).

Rikana

Smash Champion
So you can actually import models now.. If we were to import the melee models without altering it, would the size change code still affect it? Would they be the "correct" size in a brawl environment without tinkering the sizes?

:phone:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So you can actually import models now.. If we were to import the melee models without altering it, would the size change code still affect it? Would they be the "correct" size in a brawl environment without tinkering the sizes?

I didn't think about that, but I'll actually give that a shot today. I'm testing MvC3 Zero on Link and Emil on Marth so I'll tell you if the model automatically scales or if it stays its original size.

EDIT: The models seem to adjust to scale I think and while both Zero and Emil looked taller, they both have pretty big heads. Everything seems to match up. Of course, when it comes to importing Melee models, none of this will be a problem.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Imported models can be edited like any other vertex hack right? How awesome would it be to have melee Fox with his brawl scouter and his other details.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I believe they're converted into the same format so they can still be exported into any model editor and imported back after like normal.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
So what's going on with Lucas? Anything changing with him?
Aside from the first demo, the only main changes I've seen is that he can use his "charged smashes" multiple times, and that his standing PK Freeze travels upwards slightly.

Anyone with more specific experience care to elaborate?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Yeah, I like how we can have things like a real one-slot Dr. Mario costume on Mario, just like people wanted before Brawl came out. It will help add to the Melee "feel" if people decide to download an optional Melee model pack (which I'm sure will be made before Project M is released).
Wait, does this mean that we can keep the regular vBrawl costumes AND add custom ones?

If so, f*cking sweet.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Wait, does this mean that we can keep the regular vBrawl costumes AND add custom ones?

If so, f*cking sweet.
No you can't. Dantarion was working on doing just that but he's gone now.

He's talking about having Doc's Melee model as a replacement for one of Mario's costumes.

Edit: And thanks for clarifying Gamedominator06.

Rikana

Smash Champion
This new model importer sounds so amazing. Someone give me an akuma model over ganon. How much space do the models take up by the way?

Edit: does this mean that vertex hacking is almost useless? I say almost cause I'm sure not every single model can be used for any characters. Just need clarification.

Ecks

Smash Lord
^ I would say pretty much yes. You could vertexture the model you just imported though. Some imports seem to suffer from lighting issues though. And judging by the models I've tried (Buster Blader over Ike is boss) they don't take much space at all.

Rikana

Smash Champion
The only beef I have with importing models is that the style becomes completely different. Other then that, there's no point in complaining because we get models that look flawless. inb4swarmofmodels.

Sigh.. now I'm stuck creating a massive list of character models to import..

Edit: Mewtwo's model and Lucario's model are close enough to one another right..? :D

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So what's going on with Lucas? Anything changing with him?
Hey Kirisame, i hope you've been doing well since the last time we met.

Honestly, I don't think we really can tell what's going to happen at this point. Lucas is changing often these days and going through numerous experimental builds. There were a few issues the playtesters, me included found and we're working on fixing those. I guess you can say we're just trying to make it less stupid that that time when Gurukid tested him out at Thunderhorse's.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Is there a list somewhere of model imports available or are they all on brawlvault? I just wanna see what people have been messing aroudn with so far.

Ecks

Smash Lord
So does this model importer work for stages as well, or is it character exclusive?
... Finally changed your name? lol

Anyway, it does work on stages actually. I've seen some melee ports recently, like battlefield, Great Bay and Mario Bros II.

I hope someone can port Fourside along with the helicopter animations.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord

Anyway, it does work on stages actually. I've seen some melee ports recently, like battlefield, Great Bay and Mario Bros II.

Wait what have i missed? Can we import models direct from others games to brawl D:?????????

Holy..****

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord

That is awesome, i'll have to experiment a bit with this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom