• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
You would need to either set up riivolution or usb load. You can get help on that on the irc.

Peef, Monk and I are going to the big house and will be bringing project m. You'll get a chance to play there. :D
I don't know if I already said this, but I won't be at the Big House. My parents don't see the point in me going to play Smash Bros for a day, on top of the fact they don't want me on highways. So yeah, looks like a nope for me. :/

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that is exclusive to developers and playtesters.
Was he mistaken when Gimpy said "try to get to somebody who is a tester and have them have a tournament or something like that in the area because we can do that with the tournament build and get people to play it and get people to be hyped up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SF73E3huE

9:09 seconds

If there's a tournament build that's suppose to help us get hyped up, then lets get hyped up. I mean maybe Gimpy was misinformed but i and im sure others would agree that a tourney with something beyond the current demo we have now would raise hype like crazy! With the disclaimer in all bold and caps THIS IS ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE

I mean why not wet the whistles of the dedicated fans? Capcom is doing it right now with their "Fight Clubs" across USA giving people a taste of ultimate MVC3 and Street Fighter X Tekken. Just some food for thought bro

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
not really gonna be a pm tournament, but we(st, me, and / or strong bad) might try to get a pm set up at The Big House; the midwest regional on Oct 22. it'd just be lots of friendlies and stuff though.

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
not really gonna be a pm tournament, but we(st, me, and / or strong bad) might try to get a pm set up at The Big House; the midwest regional on Oct 22. it'd just be lots of friendlies and stuff though.
damn wish i lived midwest right now, any testers out here in SoCal orange county, san bernadino, Long Beach, LA? IE?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Ya know. I've been following this and following this and it just begins to seem more and more like some mythical game only an elite few can play. All I really have left to ask is when I can play the damn thing. Seriously. It annoys me all the time. I can't go back to anything before the demo but I am SICK of that demo.

EDIT: I'm no expert and I'm not too advanced but I HAVE been playing Melee since it came out so you can imagine I'm a LITTLE reluctant to go back there)

foshio

Smash Journeyman
So... are shields fixed then? It looks like light sheilding was going on in the stream. Also... that yellow shield is way to yellow. js

humble

Smash Ace
Ya know. I've been following this and following this and it just begins to seem more and more like some mythical game only an elite few can play. All I really have left to ask is when I can play the damn thing. Seriously. It annoys me all the time. I can't go back to anything before the demo but I am SICK of that demo.

EDIT: I'm no expert and I'm not too advanced but I HAVE been playing Melee since it came out so you can imagine I'm a LITTLE reluctant to go back there)
Just to be clear:
No, they aren't going to give it to you just because you *****ed about it on the forums.
No, they don't have a deadline for the second coming of jesus christ demo.
No, they aren't going to release it soon.
No, your post did not contribute anything.

Anyway, awesome stream, thanks Sneak!

PS: Get hype guys, tomorrow there (might) be a stream again, with Shadic, Gimpy, and others, and yes it might be epic.

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice

It would seem mythical if it wasn't for all the progress you see all over youtube. They're not to active on the main web page, but there's a lot of activity in the forums (where you can apply to be a playtester/coder)
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-951.html

There's also their youtube page ( http://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectMelee#p/u/23/lbYijHDzDXU ) which also has a pleasing amount of activity.

Playtesters stream http://www.twitch.tv/sneak8288 and there is even a facebook page that is consistently updated http://www.facebook.com/ProjectMelee

So its not like project M isn't showing significant growth for a group of people doing all this for free. I don't fully agree with you about being upset a build isn't out for all but I stand by my previous post about how it'd be beneficial to hype it up with local tourneys with current builds. Its not letting everyone have a build but its giving people a taste of what to come as long as its clear EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

You could also look at this like a cat theory. When you dangle a toy in front of a cat it wants it, the longer you dangle it the more it wants the toy until its so frustrated it just doesn't care anymore, where as if you let the cat touch the toy, it almost resets its urge to have the dangling toy again. (also works with women)

but you all already know this right? ~_^

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

There are testers in your area. Stop complaining and find them and play it

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Well I just found out today that I'm not gonna be able to make it. I have a big family reunion thats further north than where the big house is at. I also have work till 5:30 the following day before hand also so :(. I'll let some of my other friends know on Facebook about the Big House event. Sucks I wanted to go but the reunion meeting card came in the mail yesterday and I didn't see it till today.

I'll let some of my other friends know about the big house event that's going on.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Shouldn't that not be considered? Is it supposed to be a legitimate attraction to the prospective Project:M Sheik player that he could just play Zelda instead?
With both characters being viable now the Down-B offers a choice for the Sheik player to pick up a unique secondary in Zelda and have a wider range of coverage for matchups. Increased counterpick resistance (possibly immunity) against the rest of the cast is a huge benefit for tournament sets; not only are you more safeguarded from unfavorable matchups and more likely to secure a 50:50 or better matchup ratio but you can also counterpick mid-match if you felt it best to do so.

It may not initially seem so at first but a viable Zelda (and she's indeed currently amazing) is perhaps the biggest buff to Shiek, simply due to the in-game counterpick aspect. So yes, it will be a major attraction to potential P:M Sheiks and Zeldas.

Revven

FrankerZ
Characters are constantly changing overtime, so they're never really "done" per se. (This is true even for veteran characters, as things could be off, animations could be improved later on etcetc) So, no, there's no real list of that sort.

No, they don't have a deadline for the second coming of jesus christ demo.
No, they aren't going to release it soon.
Time to check back in another year :bee:

I'm amazed you guys have still been plugging away at this. Most smash projects get dropped like halfway through. If there is a new smash staple, then that will be amazing.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Characters are constantly changing overtime, so they're never really "done" per se. (This is true even for veteran characters, as things could be off, animations could be improved later on etcetc) So, no, there's no real list of that sort.
Well no ****. He means character that are practically finished that won't receive major changes overtime or in the near future.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
^^Î'd rather have them continue working towards a finished game instead of using valuable time making lists and stuff...
The developers do spend quite a bit of valuable time repeatedly answering questions here. I figure a simple list of some changes wouldn't be too bad for everyone.

However there is already a list of "well developed" characters. http://projectm.dantarion.com/characters/

Stevo

Smash Champion
Well no ****. He means character that are practically finished that won't receive major changes overtime or in the near future.
that kind of information would only matter after they release demo 2 anyway. Demo 2 will probably only have the characters that are mostly done and wont recieve major changes. which means demo 2 roster is the list you are looking for.

It's always been their plan to keep melee high tier characters close to the same, so that would be your current list.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The developers do spend quite a bit of valuable time repeatedly answering questions here. I figure a simple list of some changes wouldn't be too bad for everyone.

However there is already a list of "well developed" characters. http://projectm.dantarion.com/characters/
Even that list is heavily out of date. Off the top of my head Snake, Lucas, Zelda, and G&W have all received significant changes since the demo.

It would be pointless for us to compile a list because it would be completely obsolete in a matter of weeks.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Even that list is heavily out of date. Off the top of my head Snake, Lucas, Zelda, and G&W have all received significant changes since the demo.

It would be pointless for us to compile a list because it would be completely obsolete in a matter of weeks.
Yeah. Hm, how about a working list? Updated as often as is reasonable? Just an idea. If you are okay with repeated questions then there is nothing to worry about, but if it is truly annoying, a working list that is "pretty decently accurate" could help.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't think it's unrealistic to ask for a monthly update but...with that said I gave up on spamming this thread with questions. As great as it is(was when I played it last). There are still hundreds of things that need to be fixed/edited.

The reason why it's hard to give concrete updates is sometimes a change one place means a change in another place. Think of it like those times when you get a bad itch on your arm so you scratch it...then suddenly your leg itches and then you scratch it and then suddenly your back itches....etc. **** that goes wrong/changes needed work a little bit like that. So until things become a bit more stable there is not really a need to work on updating something that could be changed the next day.

humble

Smash Ace
Yeah. Hm, how about a working list? Updated as often as is reasonable? Just an idea. If you are okay with repeated questions then there is nothing to worry about, but if it is truly annoying, a working list that is "pretty decently accurate" could help.
I'll put one together. Though I'm not PM:BR, I can work off what we know from streams and such.

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Streams show alot tho. Shout out to being able to upb out of shield with snake now and it does something

yeah they do but some of them are just tests and "subject to change" in a month, week, day. However the example you gave is good and most likely will stay so I guess it can work.

Yeah, it'd just be a bit on the current state of every character, and I'd update it whenever new information comes out.

no problems with me. Someone has to do it i guess.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
yeah they do but some of them are just tests and "subject to change" in a month, week, day. However the example you gave is good and most likely will stay so I guess it can work.

no problems with me. Someone has to do it i guess.

I think that a PM:BR member should do it. Surely someone is or will be willing. =] If not then thats okay.

Any info not from the PMBR would be merely speculative and not much better than rumor. That could potentially damage the project.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Don't quote me on this as this is just my opinion, but if someone that is non-PMBR posts something that may "damage" PM, a dev can usually just fix what they said. No harm done.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Don't quote me on this as this is just my opinion, but if someone that is non-PMBR posts something that may "damage" PM, a dev can usually just fix what they said. No harm done.
Yeah for sure. I'm just suggesting that people should air on the side of caution. The PMBR obviously feels that some info could hurt/distract from the projects goals. Not to mention if non-PMBR members are the ones giving out the info and it is regularly wrong, the list isn't serving much of a purpose...

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone will complain unless it has something they don't want shown, like olimar and the like.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
I don't think an evolving list that's always referred to would help, really. Constantly answering questions is impetus for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom