• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Exalted PMBR, is Kirby getting the love he deserves?

I've heavily skimmed this very, very long thread and i've seen love for dirty kritters like yoshi, mewtwo, and god even pichu, but little to no appreciation for Kirb. He shined like a star in Smash64 but he's the bottom of the bottom in melee and is basically ignored. Perhaps in scorn of Sakurai? :embarrass:

Whatever the case, is he getting a 64ication to his gameplay and metagame or are you guys just tweaking his move properties to make the puffball warrior from popstar fun to play as once again?

metroid1117

Smash Master
@Comeback Kid: From what I've seen, he's regained his 64 NAir and his FSmash seems like it retained (or is close to) its Brawl knockback.

Hey, I'm closely following any developments on Ike and this video on Yagi's channel raised some questions.

1) Is the "triggered" Quickdraw at 1:09 an added feature or is that a glitch? (In vBrawl, if Ike used QD while Snake placed a mine, the mine would trigger Ike's QD regardless of their location on the stage.)

2) At some points, Ike's attacks would make different sound effects depending on where they connected (BAir at 2:07 versus 2:11). The first BAir seemed closer at the tip and the second seemed closer to the hilt; do the different sound effects depend on this? Also, do the different positions yield different knockback strengths?

3) Has the revamping of Melee mechanics removed the Blastoff Glitch?

4) In Brawl, Ike couldn't grab the edge with Aether if he used it on the edge 5 times prior to that without touching the ground (so basically you can't grab the edge on the sixth time you up+B if you tried to plank). Has this been removed in PM?

Keep up the good work, guys! I'm sure you're getting much more appreciation than the community has voiced :).

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I like how Sonic's changed from the current release to the closed 8/20/11 build.

The veterans becoming more and more like their Melee incarnations is a nice touch, also.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if there was an answer we would have given it to you. we don't know.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that Yagi was still rocking Green Hill Zone+ in his current batch of matches, instead of the altered version recommended some time back. Did the PMBR simply decide not to use Katarai's version?

Either way, I think that if there is a GHZ: M, that it should be textured either like this or this. Yeah, it's merely an aesthetic change, but I think we can all agree that aesthetics help with the overall experience that you have, be it playing a game, watching a movie, or what have you. And honestly, I think it looks a heckuva lot better than the colors used in GHZ+, or even the original GHZ; then again, that's just me.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Try fixing the flower animations and Tails, Knuckles, and Silver, then recommend it to us again.

Independent Pokes don't freeze in SSE IIRC.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well, ST and I are going to Teh PWN Gaming this weekend and will be getting others to play PM there. Hopefully we can stream PM and TPG's melee tournament at the same time. Either way, we'll be sure to try and get vids at TPG.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Try fixing the flower animations and Tails, Knuckles, and Silver, then recommend it to us again.
I would, but the only form of "hacking" I do is looping .brstms. It's cool, though; figured it was better to speak my voice and have an answer, then wonder and remain in the dark.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Don't know if I'm really digging Sonic's new run animation. It definitely looks more "Sonic Adventure" than Genesis Sonic, which I don't think I care for.

The Homing attack poses on the other hand, are absolutely amazing. SO cool.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i almost thought the homing poses were a bit too cocky for sonic, then i remembered his taunt cancels and insane moonwalk

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Technically, Sonic also threw his hands back when he did the Super Peel Out in Sonic CD.

/nitpicking
Yeah but he didn't do it every time he ran. nitpicking at nitpicking.

Also Sonic got some cool new animations for when you don't cancel a Homing Attack? Awesome.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but he didn't do it every time he ran. nitpicking at nitpicking.
He did when his legs moved in the shape of the infinity symbol, which is also what happens in Brawl.
/nitpick +3

Moving on from this senseless discussion:

Were Gimpy's matches with Yagi recorded?
Yagi's stream from last night was recorded, so if he fought Gimpy any time on the stream, then you should be able to view it on his stream page.

Also, is there any particular reason why Wario's bair animation was changed aside from just being a cosmetic choice?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Awesome new Sonic running animation, hope it stays

Has Link gotten any new changes besides his entrance animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom