• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
So it's basically Melee Link's walk. It always bugged me he couldn't block while walking in Brawl.

BTW, what's the name of the menu music you were using on your videos FireBall Stars? The Brawl remix one.

:phone:
"Let's Brawl" by Tonindo, it's a popular remix, you may find it easily.

Kirby is now much better even with not so much work done to him compared to other characters, mostly the Brawl buffs on animations and attack's range took care of many of his issues in melee.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Question I know its a little out of date on such as character discussions go but after watching some recorded plays and streams of Ike does his Aether (upB) still have Meteor/spike hit on it? Just wondering.

Also Yay for Link's changes. I watched the stream from last night and all I can say its making me more hyped. :)

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
That's odd, for some reason everytime I try to click on Yagi's recorded videos on his stream page it just links me back to the main page. Hopefully the youtube videos will be up soon :\

Rikana

Smash Champion
this new link walking projectile shield thing should help him a lot against falco :)
lol no it won't. Is better to run, roll, and attempt to power shield then to walk through it because falco can simply run further back for more lasers. All it takes is one laser to get a combo started. Falco can also choose how low the lasers could go with precise timing.

The new link walking animation definitely looks sick though.

crush

Smash Master
lol no it won't. Is better to run, roll, and attempt to power shield then to walk through it because falco can simply run further back for more lasers. All it takes is one laser to get a combo started. Falco can also choose how low the lasers could go with precise timing.

You do realize that its a good thing for link when falco runs back and gets outspaced because your shield blocks most if his lasers, right?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, I figured that running wouldn't be included, because it makes walking into a new and viable option in some situations now. It's like how Bowser has the armor on his crawl.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Falco can shoot under his shield.. And like I said. Just one laser and that's pretty much at least half a stock for link.

My main point is that falco's lasers still have an enormous advantage over link's shield. The walking wont do mch against spaces.

Butttttttt, this gives me an amazing idea. What if you guys can make one of link's taunt where he pours some kind of magical reflection powder on his shield to allow him to reflect once. It cannot be stacked.

crush

Smash Master
Falco can shoot under his shield.. And like I said. Just one laser and that's pretty much at least half a stock for link.

Have you ever heard of shielding? Falcos lasers give three frames of stun. Falco doesn't even have a three frame jump -_- hitting someone with one laser does not start a combo for falco. Shines/nairs/dairs do.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yes. Definitely do stand in place with your shield up against falco's lasering for more incoming lasers or even eat a pillar to a jc grab. Lemme know when this strategy works flawless for you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
your frame data is wrong but your concept is right. only from point blank does a laser give you anything.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
still...using that shielding technique is not the best of option against falco, it wil get you combo'd against any half decent falco player

crush

Smash Master
Yes. Definitely do stand in place with your shield up against falco's lasering for more incoming lasers or even eat a pillar to a jc grab. Lemme know when this strategy works flawless for you.

I was talking about walking towards him not standing still... I was saying it gave link more advantage in the matchup.

@strong bad-not sure who you were talking to

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
correct. the shield does not cover his entire body.

was talking to you crush.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I was talking about his walking animation until you refered to his bubble shield which lead me to debate about falco's option for that as well.

I'm definitely not ignoring the fact that the walking shield would help link out from time to time but no way would it go as far as pushing the matchup to a near 50-50 even if the falco is very laser campy. I'm not saying you said that either but that "will help him a lot against falco" statement is not true. It's still practically heavily favored on falco's behalf.

But, the more options the better.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Butttttttt, this gives me an amazing idea. What if you guys can make one of link's taunt where he pours some kind of magical reflection powder on his shield to allow him to reflect once. It cannot be stacked.
quoting in case someone misses it. Sorry if I double post. It's annoying to edit posts with quotes on a phone.

Someone give this man the internet.

crush

Smash Master
@rikana are you telling someone to give you the internet when you quoted that post you made? That's like saying something funny and then putting it in your own sig...

Ecks

Smash Lord
"Let's Brawl" by Tonindo, it's a popular remix, you may find it easily.
Thanks man, found it already. :D

And yeah, Melee landing detection makes lasers go way low. You'd have to keep crouching or something. Might as well just reflect them with the pshield.

Also, Steel shields are useless against lasers. :p

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
A few times while in Training Mode doing random projectile tests, I'd accidentally have the CPU set to Link. Jerk always manages to block stuff with his shield when I'm trying to hit him, never when I'm the one playing Link.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Thanks man, found it already. :D

And yeah, Melee landing detection makes lasers go way low. You'd have to keep crouching or something. Might as well just reflect them with the pshield.

Also, Steel shields are useless against lasers. :p

How about giving link a crouch walk (like a crawl but sidling crouched with the shield up)

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
quoting in case someone misses it. Sorry if I double post. It's annoying to edit posts with quotes on a phone.

Someone give this man the internet.

I had the same idea (sort of) when the reflecting part came into conversation. Except I was thinking maybe you could make one of links taunts pull out a mirror shield but have it act like G&W bucket to where it could absorb 3 hits then launch a powerful attack or rather if there was a way to give link his Shield Attack from Twilight Princess then that would be cool also. Just was thinking of ways of how he could still be Link from smash but also still be canon to his games. But then again Idk if it would be possible to do or rather how to map it.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I love how when a pretty balanced character already like Link gets a cute but situational shield trick for some personal flavor, out comes the clarion call for moar buffs. Suddenly Link's shield should do everything: reflect spacie fire, a crouching shuffle so he can camp? Hell no, that's ridiculous!

Link players always begging for handouts within this thread.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I never said he needed it. And I don't personally think he does. I just thought of it being a little comic relief. I agree Link is a balanced character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom