• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Well, keep in mind that its application is going to be different in Project M, and Wolf has a ton of options that he didn't have in Brawl.

And it may look better while moving, but that doesn't mean it doesn't look bad while Usmashing in place. :p

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Says the guy who walks around cuddling a DK real doll.

As for Red Ryu - While everything is subjective, it's kind of an awkward looking attack all around. Wolf does his first sweep and then a scissor kick without any real sense of weight, and then lands on his face and rolls to his feet. Like many others from the team, I think it's a rather mediocre animation.
In a game where double jumps are a core mechanic it seems a little funny that were worrying about moves making sense in the context of gravity, not that i necessarily disagree.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Grounded moves should generally stay grounded unless they transition from air to ground. Wolf doesn't end in the air during his up-smash. Just goes "wheee I'm in the air now I'm back on the ground" all in one move.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
There's still generally a sense of weight to character jumps, even if they are magically jumping off of platforms that appear under their feet.

And just because one thing sides with gameplay versus logistics doesn't mean that logistics are always bad.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Grounded moves should generally stay grounded unless they transition from air to ground. Wolf doesn't end in the air during his up-smash. Just goes "wheee I'm in the air now I'm back on the ground" all in one move.
You mean like lucarios upsmash or olimars utilt? I got more... Not that I care what usmash wolf has ... He looks awesome. Though it's kinda ghey that because hes one of the spacies he gets crazy buffs and cool **** to make him fox and falco level... I understand he's a WIP but he looks crazy good. seems kinda bias. Whatever one more character fast faller to have fun juggling.

Btw Ike Looks AMAZING @_@

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Though it's kinda ghey that because hes one of the spacies he gets crazy buffs and cool **** to make him fox and falco level... I understand he's a WIP but he looks crazy good. seems kinda bias.
Yeah, because we've never tweaked a character before in Project M and made them silly good before. Oh wait:
Btw Ike Looks AMAZING @_@
:awesome:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lucario's UpSmash actually transitions into the air.
Olimar is Olimar.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, because we've never tweaked a character before in Project M and made them silly good before. Oh wait::awesome:
lol Ike.... looked manageable... Wolf looked like he only got better the more he was played. So many low percent kills :c

Man I enjoyed those matches a lot though... Really liked the link usmash spam... I laughed every time.

Zeldas Din's looks just right now.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
lol Ike.... looked manageable... Wolf looked like he only got better the more he was played. So many low percent kills :c

Man I enjoyed those matches a lot though... Really liked the link usmash spam... I laughed every time.

Zeldas Din's looks just right now.
Thats the point of playtesting, you find what is or isnt broken. You cant expect every change to fit in just right.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Thats the point of playtesting, you find what is or isnt broken. You cant expect every change to fit in just right.
Yes... I'm not bashing the dev team or anything... He just looked extremely good... The last thing I heard on him was something like ... He's definitely a spacie. Then I watched last nights stream... where he ***** really hard. I figured it was intentional.

@Vigilante- What? I though the point was wolfs is stupid because it starts on the ground and goes into the air then ends on the ground... I don't think anyone was questioning the uses of the moves. I don't think?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
For Lucario's U-smash, you got two options:

1) Let it end and get the final hit that is fairly strong.
2) Jump out of it before the final hit and rack even more damage with an aerial.

Both are legitimate and serve different purposes ^^.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, do you guys know if zss' brawl infinite with dsmash has been removed? I don't think it's technically an infinite but you can do it long enough on fox to put him in kill percent. I would assume with the general increase in fall rate for characters that more would be susceptible to it like fox was in brawl.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
@x iLink X: I'm not 100% sure if they're changing the properties on ZSS dsmash but actually the move is like a falco or fox type shot it can be shined reflected/absorbed in brawl. I trust the devs know what to do with the move.

edit: if I'm not mistaken aren't you guys taking out parts (or rather adjusting) of the stages that allow for infinites also? I thought I read that somewhere way way back.

iLink

Smash Champion
@x iLink X: I'm not 100% sure if they're changing the properties on ZSS dsmash but actually the move is like a falco or fox type shot it can be shined reflected/absorbed in brawl. I trust the devs know what to do with the move.

edit: if I'm not mistaken aren't you guys taking out parts (or rather adjusting) of the stages that allow for infinites also? I thought I read that somewhere way way back.
You didnt need a wall. You just dsmash again after the stun wears off from the first one and fox would fall too fast to avoid another one until kill percent basically.

:phone:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Looks like Yagi has new matches up http://www.youtube.com/user/jyagis
And that's why you don't play 20 characters, gentlemen. Link, Toon Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Sheik, Mario, Ike, Ganon, Wario, and Captain Falcon may be a bit much for me to handle. :awesome:

And I hadn't played with anybody in months.

Fun times though, I hope my Toon Link matches go up.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
And that's why you don't play 20 characters, gentlemen. Link, Toon Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Sheik, Mario, Ike, Ganon, Wario, and Captain Falcon may be a bit much for me to handle. :awesome:

And I hadn't played with anybody in months.

Fun times though, I hope my Toon Link matches go up.
I smell johhhhhhhns =P

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Well I just watched some of yagi's vids and all I can say is you guys have really been making some great changes. New animations for wario looks amazing (Bair,tweaked fsmash). Sonic is shaping up very nicely also. And on top of that link has his smash64 intro...yo let the rehype begin :D

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Wario also has another revamped animation, but you wouldn't really notice it at first and it wasn't shown in that Wario vs Fox match. As for Sonic's Homing Attack poses, they generate randomly. I'm surprised Yagi kept my running animation as well. I thought we were getting rid of it...

jalued

Smash Lord
Wario also has another revamped animation, but you wouldn't really notice it at first and it wasn't shown in that Wario vs Fox match. As for Sonic's Homing Attack poses, they generate randomly. I'm surprised Yagi kept my running animation as well. I thought we were getting rid of it...

so with sonic, u can still cancel the homing attack, but if you don't then you get a randomly generated animation?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
So what's the problem with Olimar? Is the PMBR stumped on what to do with him or is there something with Brawl's coding holding him back?

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
so with sonic, u can still cancel the homing attack, but if you don't then you get a randomly generated animation?
Yep. There's 4 different poses. Why 4? Well I felt it was a good number. Three I felt would be too few, and one was definitely out of the question since it would look unprofessional and get really dull very quickly and I felt 5 may have been a bit too many.

jalued

Smash Lord
Yep. There's 4 different poses. Why 4? Well I felt it was a good number. Three I felt would be too few, and one was definitely out of the question since it would look unprofessional and get really dull very quickly and I felt 5 may have been a bit too many.
any thought into a new charizard dash attack? I dont want too many unnessecary animation changes though, it'll slow the project down too much :(

Stevo

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2S4qN3ePoI&feature=player_detailpage#t=135s

I feel like Link's arrows should go through even an attack like Link's nair

since I can't log into youtube at work, I'll respond to a couple comments here.

I kinda like the poses Sonic does after his homing attack. It's not like you will see them often anyway if people cancel the attack a lot.
and to the person saying MK needs work because his recovery isn't safe now, welcome to melee
, where believe it or not, a Marth can attack you while you recover if you are not careful. EDIT: to make this sound less aggressive, what I'm trying to say is, although his recovery is not lulz-safe anymore, there was more Metaknight could have done in that match. Recoveries should take effort and strong play.

oh and I agree with Gimpyfish about Wario's side-b in the air, it needs more lag or something if you don't hit with it. (I'm sure you guys don't need people telling you these sorts of things, but it helps pass the time waiting for demo 2 for us non-pmbr'ers)
I like that it is a good move though, so perhaps it needs more testing. It looks/feels very Wario.
Actually, re-watching it, I could see opportunities to punish it. Maybe Bowser just has trouble.... heheh

also get ***** in those matches, Shadic. lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
^ Probably not. Unless PW appears out of nowhere and continues working on it. :/

Anyway, wow, SilentDoom's on a roll!
And I hate to be annoying, but how about tweaking Marth's walking animation to look more like Melee's so he doesn't look like a moron anymore? Again, sorry for being annoying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just out of curiosity, do you guys know if zss' brawl infinite with dsmash has been removed? I don't think it's technically an infinite but you can do it long enough on fox to put him in kill percent. I would assume with the general increase in fall rate for characters that more would be susceptible to it like fox was in brawl.
This was mostly due to a lack of growth on down-smash as well as a lack of non-tumble trajectory DI. I'm fairly certain that it is no longer possible, however I'll check at some point this week.
Is this site ever gonna get updated?
http://projectm.dantarion.com/
Yes, it will. When we have another public release coming up, an article will be written on the front page, as well as pages for any extra included characters that weren't in the demo (if any are included).

foshio

Smash Journeyman
So (I know most don't care but) what will happen in the SSE with indy pokemon? Will it freeze b/c that character no longer exists or anything?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
What??
Why would he abandon one of the biggest mod projects of all time?
He's been losing interest for a long time. Project M revived a lot of his interest in Brawl hacking, but it wasn't out of the ordinary to see him drop out of the loop again.

Dant was able to pass down a lot of Brawl hacking information and coding specifics to shanus though, but I don't think we'll have anyone dedicated purely to Brawl hacking anymore unless a P:M coder has plans for it in the future.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
He was bored with it.

And to be fair, it's only one of the biggest console game mod projects of all time. We've got nothing on PC game modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom