• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Bad Guy, what's your stance on Ganon vs Bowser? I haven't seen it happen, but just based off what I know about the characters, I THINK Ganon probably wins.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXuP19c5IQ
Bowser vs fox is like a free win as far as im concerned. The only attacks im really intimidated by is usmash and uair. Everything else can armored, and bowser can shrug off combos by fox as long as he can get fox into a mud fight with him. Get fox off the stage against bowser and he turns into edgeguard food for bowser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08nDq0NmTA&feature=channel_video_title
Ganon vs Bowser might've been a bad match up in melee, because all bowser had against him is speed. In PM the tides have changed, Bowser's faster, has longer reach and armor to get through ganon's attacks, bowser's power rivals if not surpasses ganon too.The only character that's easier to edgegaurd is captain falcon. So in short Bowser>>>>>Ganon.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I saw the match vs Gunblade's Fox and I wasn't really convinced. I personally would have played the match up very similar to Fox vs Marth.

I wish you didn't have to leave so early, I would have loved to play more friendlies!

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I saw the match vs Gunblade's Fox and I wasn't really convinced. I personally would have played the match up very similar to Fox vs Marth.

I wish you didn't have to leave so early, I would have loved to play more friendlies!
I had work and a friend to drop off the next day. So sorry.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
G2 was the first time I actually got to play P:M vs humans, so it was a great experience for me. I'm a training mode hero lolol.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
G2 was the first time I actually got to play P:M vs humans, so it was a great experience for me. I'm a training mode hero lolol.
Same. I practice throwing opponents off the stage and keeping them off. 0-death edgeguarding is the only way to go for bowser practice.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
klaw > bthrow > fair. WINNING!

I assure you, next time we play, I will never shield near the ledge. You'll notice a drastic difference in how games go. ;D

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
klaw > bthrow > fair. WINNING!

I assure you, next time we play, I will never shield near the ledge. You'll notice a drastic difference in how games go. ;D
I look forward to it. Klaw gimp is my favorite trick, but beware there are always more tricks up my sleeve.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
By the way i haven't been following alot and i'm too lazy to read all 100 pages i missed so don't hate me but I have to ask. Is there or is there not going to be another release of this?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have been trying to get Axe to play it forever. Tommy Der Meister was a play tester before the demo was released and he refused to touch it back then. I bugged him a lot at a few of our tournaments when I got the demo to play it too, but he just won't.

IIRC a couple of the other phoenix players enjoyed it, however.

We played some @ DGDTJ and because of certain things being different, he's refused to touch it since.

Turazrok

Smash Master
What's wrong with heavy armor?

:phone:
Heavy armor is ****ing ********.

Keep away game? LOL no

Spacing? Thrown off.

In general it's ******** as a concept.

And don't even compare it to focus in sf.

Because that gets ***** by quick strings/multi hits

Bowser in B- was ****ing stupid because of his armor.

Revven

FrankerZ
Heavy armor is ****ing ********.

Keep away game? LOL no

Spacing? Thrown off.

In general it's ******** as a concept.

And don't even compare it to focus in sf.

Because that gets ***** by quick strings/multi hits

Bowser in B- was ****ing stupid because of his armor.
Whoa whoa whoa, calm down dude, Brawl Minus uses the armor way differently than we do. The armor in Brawl- is the same for everything for Bowser and it's not even frame specific, it's active all the time. Here it's not active all the time, there's different armor for certain moves, and you can tell when the armor is there on some moves.

It's not ********, it works well from the past 11 months (or even more) of playtesting it and even at Genesis 2 it wasn't seen as overbearing. Bowser still has to work to get in, it's not a free approach tool like it is in Brawl Minus. Plus, not even every move Bowser does has armor on it... unlike Brawl Minus where every action Bowser takes he has armor.

Comparing us to Brawl Minus with its crazy high hitstun, low gravity, and ridiculously broken characters all around is stupid in and of itself.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Bowser is literally a middle-tier Marth with an alternative moveset. To beat armor you two two things: grab, or attack during his wind-down lag.

Characters with multi-hit moves can possibly bust through it, but that's risky.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Remind me to punch you next time I see you.
I will hate you
Same answer as before
<3
lol. I only asked because any mention of a patch is now removed from the title so...idk I didn't mean to cause any problems.

@JC Remind me to duck next time I see you.

@cmart You really should sit eerily in the middle of a dark hotel room more often. :cool:

<3

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Christ all Friday, tier talk on a game that isn't even publicly available yet. Can't we wait until the game is finished and been around for over six months before we start giving out tier placements?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
We have the means to make educated guesses.
I've often thought this myself. It sounds crazy but anything sounds crazy if you say it before it comes to pass. Think about the prediction thread when people were putting Taj Above people like PP and Hbox. Sounded ****ing loony until it happened.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im in socal and people here are lovin project m.

also axe will be at my house in the second week of august so ill get some vids of him then.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
We have the means to make educated guesses.
No, you don't lol. Speculation is speculation, just because you think understand how smash works does not negate the fact that extended experience is a far better tool then after a few hours of friendlies with only one player (I know badguy is good, not the point). Falco shutting down peoples approaches is nothing new. Doesn't make him auto-bad.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
you really missed the point, man. also please note that I said "educated guess". it is a well-reasoned guess. it is not infallable. there is evidence supporting both sides of the case. there is no need to get so aggressive over that.

cmart

Smash Lord
@Rubyiris - If it is an educated guess - than perhaps you shouldn't be so aggressive in presenting your opinion as fact then. Your basis IS just a few days of experience with the mod - and some of the characters you spoke about only had few (or no) good players who specialized in them present. I would be hesitant to make a judgement on a character without seeing what they're capable of from a variety of players.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Dk is clearly high tier now... im super salty lol. What do you guys think of lucario falling faster? Or having the hitbox on some of his aerials coming out quicker? Lucario seems like he should be a ff to me though when I play him

Divinokage

Smash Legend
DK's recovery is better than in melee because he goes SOOO far with his Up-B lol. And I mean it felt like he has slightly better setups overall and I don't think he loses his charged punch when you hit him out of his Up-B.. he's pretty good, and he NEVER dies! I daired him at 120% on dreamland he wasn't even close to dying lol.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What do you guys think of lucario falling faster? Or having the hitbox on some of his aerials coming out quicker? Lucario seems like he should be a ff to me though when I play him[/size]
He's a steel type; he should be one of the fastest fallers. It would make sense and it would help differentiate him from his floaty Brawl "fake Mewtwo" self.

jalued

Smash Lord
DK's recovery is better than in melee because he goes SOOO far with his Up-B lol. And I mean it felt like he has slightly better setups overall and I don't think he loses his charged punch when you hit him out of his Up-B.. he's pretty good, and he NEVER dies! I daired him at 120% on dreamland he wasn't even close to dying lol.
what u think about charizard kage? Heavy characters bringing sexy back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom