• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
The new overwatch patch is coming out today (https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4o1uiv/overwatch_patch_notes_june_14_2016/)

Basic gist is reduction of max damage on McCree's Fan the Hammer from 70 to 45 but reverted the previous change where he couldn't do a thing for a while after, and Widow's damage is reduced but headshot damage increased to compensate. 120 damage on full charge bodyshot, still 300 on headshot, and similarly all the way through. Also she can't "peek" out of the scope anymore, she has to completely unscope and rescope if she wants to look around her

Edit: Forgot how to math, 45 is not half of 70

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So is anyone else here watching the Ninty's E3 stuff right now?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well considering they literally said the only thing they'd have is Zelda, I didn't really have my hopes up to begin with.

Any other cool games sprung up from the other conferences?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I dunno, I wasn't expecting much from ti being only Zelda either, but I'm absolutely wow'd by how different it is and how massive it is with so many actually interesting things to do. And with Link being so darn agile. He can do so many awesome things and I'm still just trying to get over the fact that he can actually jump now. XD

Also, Pokemon was a thing earlier. We saw a few new Pokes and Hau has a Pichu for some reason alongside his starter. This region's Lass is a cutie and Preschoolers are still easy money. Also, we've seen custom outfits but still no custom hairstyles yet.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The only thing I want from Nintendo this E3 is a price drop for the Wii U.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I dunno, I wasn't expecting much from ti being only Zelda either, but I'm absolutely wow'd by how different it is and how massive it is with so many actually interesting things to do. And with Link being so darn agile. He can do so many awesome things and I'm still just trying to get over the fact that he can actually jump now. XD

Also, Pokemon was a thing earlier. We saw a few new Pokes and Hau has a Pichu for some reason alongside his starter. This region's Lass is a cutie and Preschoolers are still easy money. Also, we've seen custom outfits but still no custom hairstyles yet.
I'm actually excited for Zelda, so usually when I'm excited for something I generally avoid all related trailers as much as possible.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm actually excited for Zelda, so usually when I'm excited for something I generally avoid all related trailers as much as possible.
Understandable. I'm on the opposite side as the person who tries to get as much info as possible so I know exactly what I'm getting into.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the idea of it is super-cool, and very much a nice change of pace from how zelda games have always had a seemingly standard formula

people are complaining over lack of towns, forgetting that a land of hyrule that's in ruins, with stray NPCs lying about as you fight on your own with no partners is... literally just the first legend of zelda. like that's the point of it, it's kind of a 3D LoZ that tripled down on exploring things for yourself. that's cool as hell, man

Player -0

Smash Hero
Awh snaaaap. This might get me to actually finish skyward sword (got into Smash and stuff so I just kinda left).

Tad more refined Skyward Sword graphics and definitely different. Got the questions like who woke Link up and stuff. When on the timeline is this?

my hype was only spurned by getting a tiny feel of one of the old sound tracks from Zelda from the background music during the trailer. I finally remembered and listened to it.

Ocarina of Time title theme though, muh nostalgiaaaa

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Someone told me Link can be a girl or boy in this one. Can someone who's actually paying attention confirm this is true or not

D

Deleted member

Someone told me Link can be a girl or boy in this one. Can someone who's actually paying attention confirm this is true or not
This incarnation of Link is so androgynous that honestly it doesn't even matter.

Life

Smash Hero
Aonuma confirmed Link is still male, surprising nobody.

Also Link starts the game shirtless soooooooooo

Towns with people in them were confirmed during the stream, but are not present in the E3 build because whoever is making those decisions felt that character and story stuff shouldn't be spoiled here.

I'm curious about what the subtitle means in-universe.

I'm concerned the difficulty is too low, as most things did only a quarter-heart of damage, and you can overflow your health bar for an extra few hearts, and food refills your hearts... those guardian things have a laser that does HP minus a half-heart, though, so that's pretty nuts.

Oh, and you can snowboard on your shield. PogChamp

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Aonuma confirmed Link is still male, surprising nobody.

Also Link starts the game shirtless soooooooooo

Towns with people in them were confirmed during the stream, but are not present in the E3 build because whoever is making those decisions felt that character and story stuff shouldn't be spoiled here.

I'm curious about what the subtitle means in-universe.

I'm concerned the difficulty is too low, as most things did only a quarter-heart of damage, and you can overflow your health bar for an extra few hearts, and food refills your hearts... those guardian things have a laser that does HP minus a half-heart, though, so that's pretty nuts.

Oh, and you can snowboard on your shield. PogChamp
Apparently Korok are in this game too. This could mean it's set sometime after windwaker, which would be nice considering the "Future Without A Hero" branch of OoT would have a pretty big title under it's belt. Then again, it could be an example of a great and powerful magic known as "timeline bs" making it's presence known, and the koroks just evolved through different means in this games past.

I'll keep my eyes out for the game at some point, but considering we've known about the game and it's open-world direction since 2013, it's by know means and E3 winning presentation. The biggest thing I got out of the trailer was the fact that voice acting is a thing.

Edit: Alright, apparently the overall story was posted. The game takes place 100 years since the destruction of hyrule by "Calamity Ganon", and apparently you're tasked with making sure he's not able to escape from the ruins of Hyrule Castle, so I guess the games plot is more about preventing Ganon-ish goings-on in the first place.

Edit: Also, Spiderman looks like it could be good. I'll probably catch it on the PC, since I've kinda come to discount a lot of 3rd party exclusivity deals as being timed-exclusives.

Also, Death Stranding was announced. That's probably a multi-plat considering Sony has spent a good portion of time removing instances of Kojima mentioning it as a timed exclusive in QnA's. Get ready for a ruse cruise bois.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
just droppin by to say ur all nerds

and @Grey Belnades ill destroy you at everything forever u ***** dork

see me at evo next year baka inu

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Isn't it great that different difficulties are locked behind plastic and NFC now?
When really all games should adapt to players so they can enter flow.

Because why should player experience be optimized.

New Zelda is like a not awful cube world.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
the idea of it is super-cool, and very much a nice change of pace from how zelda games have always had a seemingly standard formula

people are complaining over lack of towns, forgetting that a land of hyrule that's in ruins, with stray NPCs lying about as you fight on your own with no partners is... literally just the first legend of zelda. like that's the point of it, it's kind of a 3D LoZ that tripled down on exploring things for yourself. that's cool as hell, man
they said in the treehouse that there would be towns so whelp to your explanation

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Wow, this Pokken balance patch is huge as ****
welp
at least S. M2 finally got the hammer
time to start practicing that again because it's probably fun again

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Wow, this Pokken balance patch is huge as ****
welp
at least S. M2 finally got the hammer
time to start practicing that again because it's probably fun again
Just get into Guilty Gear like me.

You can even use the Pokken pad for it. Which feels ****ing amazing with GG somehow.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
oh my god the commentary for the first wave of top 96 at sns was soooo bad

edit: I just watched the marshall v june match

june had some really odd rolls that marshall was capitalizing on, especially some really odd rolls in, in all three games that he didn't seem to be able to change. maybe he was used to unconditional banana stage control or something idk, but his rolls were kinda suspect

also tbh he should have banned warioware because the ganon did not seem like a good idea at all

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I watched Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. Learning about freedom, macroeconomics, and why wars are fought is cool.

And Maou a cute.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
CORY CORY No, learning is cool. Violence is not, and I despise it anyways, let alone war. Being reminded by that show that many people loathe those things as much as I do or even more so is something I take heart from.

Also, I'm not edgy. The truth is that I care deeply for others, want for them to be happy, and seethe with anger to hide my concern whenever they're not doing well because I'm not keen on showing vulnerability. Since life isn't fair for most that live it...do the math.

Last edited:
Top Bottom