• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
because it's good
Pizza is good too, why isn't it in the game then ? Please read again : I'm asking for the reasoning behind limiting speed in a game that revolves around the exploration of a gigantic open world, not for its quality. Or if you would prefer : what would the game lose if that stamina jauge wasn't present ?

eideeiit

Smash Ace
It makes sense?
It makes climbing up stuff scary and thought requiring?
It could make for cool fights where you need to manage your stamina to keep up, but idk.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm asking for the reasoning behind limiting speed in a game that revolves around the exploration of a gigantic open world, not for its quality. Or if you would prefer : what would the game lose if that stamina jauge wasn't present ?
why don't they just let me run everywhere

why aren't I just at places immediately

why don't the puzzles just solve themselves

why don't the bosses just beat themselves

why do I have to play this game

Bleck

Smash Master
less snarky response; every single game mechanic ever is basically a form of resource management, and you can't create more complex and/or meaningful gameplay without adding in more resources to manage

Player -0

Smash Hero
Stamina can be a bit of a pain. Rolling is swag but it doesn't look like they kept it in.

On the bright side it doesn't look like it'll be a pain to traverse places with horses, normal running speed, and glider. Especially since after your stamina goes poof after sprinting you still run (from what it looks like).

Seeing a derpy Super Mario 64 gauge pop up is a little jarring for me though. More of a small dislike than a hate.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I had my best friend's mini-wedding yesterday, I was asked to give a speech and I was sooo nervous. ;; All these people were staring at me and I started forgetting what I wanted to say haha. It wasn't awful or anything but I did muddle up my words a bit. :c

Had a really good day though! It's really weird to see someone that you grew up and are so close with to find someone they like that much and get married, but also really nice. :3

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
less snarky response; every single game mechanic ever is basically a form of resource management, and you can't create more complex and/or meaningful gameplay without adding in more resources to manage
til lcancelling is management of your landing frames

Player -0

Smash Hero
I can't see what that is so no comment atm.

BUT

As mentioned earlier going to the mighty land of the neutrals.

And I'm pretty sure I can legally drink while out

ohohohohohoho

Wollen wir einen trinken?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I can't see what that is so no comment atm.

BUT

As mentioned earlier going to the mighty land of the neutrals.

And I'm pretty sure I can legally drink while out

ohohohohohoho

Wollen wir einen trinken?
Ability to view a Conversation without leaving the page you're on

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Is there currently a way to get to original tweets/gfycats from embedded ones easily? I usually figure it out through inspecting the page but it gets derpy.

If not it would be a dank feature

Click the date/time

Gfycat I'll see about adding something

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
til lcancelling is management of your landing frames
if l-cancels had a stamina meter, that would be really weird/bad but also nobody would complain about it just being a button you had to press

zelda stamina is perfectly fine and lets the game justify you being far more mobile without breaking slower combat sections, it's good times

e: also, good afternoon and etc

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Click the date/time

Gfycat I'll see about adding something
Now that the hailstorm and tornado threat has passed, I can respond to this. :D

Yes, please. SO much yes. <3

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I had my best friend's mini-wedding yesterday, I was asked to give a speech and I was sooo nervous. ;; All these people were staring at me and I started forgetting what I wanted to say haha. It wasn't awful or anything but I did muddle up my words a bit. :c

Had a really good day though! It's really weird to see someone that you grew up and are so close with to find someone they like that much and get married, but also really nice. :3
Did you at least put him over? If you didn't sell him as at least THE BIG DOG, then you fudged up.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I checked LTC PM Fantasty Draft on Smash.gg

I found my name

Damn I'm cheap, do they expect me not to even make it out of pools or something? I'm good sometimes guys

*Bookmarking this post for when I fail to get out of pools*

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
that is one of the nerdiest things i've seen...

I checked LTC PM Fantasty Draft on Smash.gg

I found my name

Damn I'm cheap, do they expect me not to even make it out of pools or something? I'm good sometimes guys

*Bookmarking this post for when I fail to get out of pools*
baz asked me if he should put me on his fantasy team. i laughed at him and told him no.

#drowninpoolzboyz

oh yeah, i still need to look at my pool's bracket... where are those?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 can i just have the revolutions layout back from when i joined?
You mean the previous smashboards theme ? Yes please.
Yeah but some mechanisms have an interest and add depth, and then some don't. There's literally no use for a stamina jauge in a game that already has proven that it could manage "running faster" using 4 different mechanics (rolling, magic, ammunitions and just allowing a button).

CORY

wut
BRoomer
at the same time, this game is going to be very different from any previous zelda series, with a crap ton more freedom of movement. if the stamina gauge was only used for the sprinting, it would be pointless, but it's also used for most of your various "exploratory options" (so, climbing, using the paraglider, i think there were a few combat uses?).

since they're apparently giving you a lot more freedom to explore, rather than trying to herd you from one dungeon to the next linearly, they're likely using the stamina meter as a way to pace progression.

Bleck

Smash Master
Yeah but some mechanisms have an interest and add depth, and then some don't. There's literally no use for a stamina jauge in a game that already has proven that it could manage "running faster" using 4 different mechanics (rolling, magic, ammunitions and just allowing a button).
are you really saying you prefer mashing the a button and screamrolling everywhere to having a stamina gauge that lets you sprint every once in a while

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Guys, you realize if you could run fast everywhere it wouldn't feel fast anymore.

And if a well designed game makes your base walk speed slow it is a design choice to change the game feel.

Top Bottom