• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
@Overwatch discussion: some corrections/things I didn't notice being mentioned

• Winston's barrier projector was already nerfed from beta (open or closed I'm not sure) to 600 health
  • Both of Zarya's shields block only 200 damage, though as said it can overblock if it's a single source of massive damage like Deadeye, Pulse Bomb, Self-Destruct, etc. and each of either shield can only provide up to 50% charge
  • While I'm sure Mei's gonna move up, her problem as of now is that her time to kill is currently much higher than most if not all other heroes at high level play. Her only burst damage is a delayed (if fast moving) projectile and otherwise she relies heavily on her primary fire to slow down and freeze targets first.. with a whole 1.5 seconds of continuous fire that her target and/or another enemy could easily interrupt. Her survivability is great at 250 health and an invulnerable stalling self-heal, but she just gets ganged up on after she freezes unless her team is able to arrive

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smash n Splash is fun as ****. I almost don't care how well I perform because I'm havin such a good time. But I gahta do well!~

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@drakargx You.jpg:

Ya know Mech, there's kind of an unspoken rule about forum weapons that you don't use them at all the exact same one too frequently between posts. If you're gonna try and be snarky, couldn't you, at the least, shake things up with a variant of some kind?

Or is that too much to ask? ¦D

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Random Overwatch thoughts:

Mei shouldn't be able to pause the game and heal herself back to full health simultaneously. Blizz needs to tone down her healing ability and make her ice block breakable. Right now, she reminds me a lot of the Armor Lock ability from Halo Reach, which absolutely ruined that game for me. I wouldn't mind her getting more nerfs because I feel like she's way too easy to use at the moment, but I'd be fine with those two being the only ones she gets for now.

Zenyatta needs like 25 more hp and he'd be fine. We also need some more support characters so Lucio and Mercy don't feel absolutely necessary in every team composition. Maybe nerfing them would fix that. In that case, all I'd do to them is make their Ults charge slower, and nerf Lucio's E ability slightly.

Widowmaker could have so much done to her. If a combination of a few of these things happened to her, I'd be content.
- Decrease her AR damage.
- Pull her out of her scope when hit.
- Make it more apparent when her ult is used.
- Decrease her ammo count.
- Make her sniper bolt action and drop the charge gimmick.
- Place a red dot where she aims.
- Make her charge time longer.
- Make uncharged shots weaker.

I think it would be really interesting to make D.Va's mech immune to head shots. It'd increase her survivability a **** ton, since it's currently so easy for every character to headshot her into submission. Increasing her survivability would also fix her issue of not being able to land enough damage for how long she usually lasts in fights. I don't really know what else should be done to her because I never thought she was as underpowered as people keep saying she is.

Bastion is arguably the worst character in the game, and unfortunately I don't think that's gonna change any time soon. He'll forever be a pub star, while seeing zero use in competitive play. I really hope that one day, he becomes a more nuanced and less polarizing character.

Is it likely that one day we'll be able to host our own private servers? I'm not too familiar with how lenient Blizzard is with that sorta thing, but I know that recently there's been some controversy with them shutting down a vanilla WoW server?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I can't change my avatar what are the common reasons for this guys.

Now the transparency won't show up.

I have **** taste in avatars anyway I'm just going to use default and color it burnt blue.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Hey look! Zydoge and ZyGundam made it into Sun & Moon! :D

Lizalfos

Smash Master
My take on the designs:

It started when an alien device did what it did
And stuck itself upon his pokeball with secrets that it hid
Now he's got super powers, he's no ordinary mon.

God making this work is harder than I thought.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

good evening, thread

Hey look! Zydoge and ZyGundam made it into Sun & Moon! :D
I still have no idea as to why there's a dog version which the game admits is canonically worse, when even the slug zygarde isn't all that special compared to other legendaries

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I still have no idea as to why there's a dog version which the game admits is canonically worse, when even the slug zygarde isn't all that special compared to other legendaries
I think it's solely so it can transform into it's superior Gundam variant in battle via damage gimmick...which still begs the question of why the snake couldn't just do it instead. Or why we can't just have the Complete one as the normal one with much better stats.

The Pokémon games are weird. ¦D

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Snake already can transform into box.

In anime: Jojo really nailed criticizing the idea of justice. I think the show is worth finishing, I'll just take frequent breaks when all the missed opportunities pile up in my mind and snap the rule of cool highwire suspending my disbelief. Now for death parade.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
And by the by I really liked your art Scotch, and really would like if you posted more. It's something that I'd like to emulate down the line.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
There is no need to ever live in regret. The universe is just rolling dice, and I don't believe we have any spiritual connection to control things at the quantum level.
Yet...
If I never hear this song played in this style at a length greater or equal to the original version of the song, I think that we can all agree that we aren't living in the best reality. Whatever is setting the universal constants gave us the short end of the stick.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Guys I'm sorry I'm always derailing with anime and other pretentiousness, but 1st episode of death parade...
Why don't they just tie, then refuse to ever score during any of the breakers. They would be playing, thus following the rules, and as a result would be essentially immortal; just living in this really cool, gothic bar.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
dang son. How do you have so much time to watch anime?

and you always say you busy too :c
Because I can do it from the comfort of my home, and passively code.
Don't you understand the concept of lazing around?
seven episodes into jojo's.

this **** is goofy af.
TL;DR:TL;DR I shoulda just read the manga.

TL;DR I would have dropped this show if everyone wasn't talking/memeing about it. If seasons weren't still being made I would drop it b/c I'm so late to the party. Battle Tendency is the only better than meh part (live up to things people hype series for + works standalone).

I found phantom blood particularly boring aside from Dio Brando. Then they just genericize Dio into this completely boring "I am the ultimate lifeform" villain by taking away his ability to personally sabotage and manipulate Jonathan. Battle tendency is a pretty big improvement, but there are still some pacing issues ect.
Then Stardust Crusaders is just really standard assemble team of heros to travel across diverse locales and defeat a bunch of throwaway baddies. It's basically slightly better power rangers. Plus they are so slow to characterize Jotaro that you are confused about who to connect with. Jonathan is basically a bumbling dad type now, and so he hardly carries the torch of protagonist while we are introduced to a character who the writer assumes we should like despite from being a asshole who basically only punches things when he is angry because he has a nice design and girls inexplicably dig him (so obviously he is just too cool for me to understand). Jotaro seems to grow into a more likable character later, but I honestly am only watching because: it is tolerable turn my brain off to, everyone else gushes over it, and I want to get to Battle in Egypt/Dimond is Unbreakable seem to have all the memes and generally seem more amusing.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
God bless. I aspire to your self-confidence.
But I'd watch the OPs. They are honestly better than the show and spoil everything anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm ****ing crying lmao

Papa Johns is bullying the hell out of me right now

papa1.png

papa2.png

(Found some change laying around to pay enough in cash, but the coupon just expired at ****ing 12:00 AM. Like, ****ing seriously?)

Last edited by a moderator:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Overcomplicated tier list maker that we dont need?

Inb4 TierListBoards

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
OW harder to balance when there's different modes. Buff someone like Mei to be better for competitive payload? Now you create a monster for KOTH. Etc. Doesn't help that some maps completely suck in design, everyone knows Anubis is just not good design.

Game is way healthier with 1 hero limit rule now being more common for tourney (double McCree running around is silly, double Winston sorta silly in ways). Balancing a game under the guideline of 1 hero per team + assuming say just payload or mixed payload would be some order of magnitude easier than the current position the devs are in atm. Unfortunate how often a character gets outshined in their role by 1 choice so clearly powerful or flexible (Widow vs alternatives, McCree vs most alternatives, support situation).

Some char design feels like they backed themselves into a corner. Mercy may have been a total mistake in all honesty.

Also PM Fox is good, where the PM Fox players at

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...good morning, thread

today is not a good day to remain conscious for

the world is utterly terrifying, like a horrid comedian whose punchline is "you can't even save people like you who may be dead soon, because we decided your blood is contaminated by default"

...that was my attempt at making a joke to lighten myself. I think I just made it worse

CORY

wut
BRoomer
go look up the news

it's not exactly a hidden issue
i think it's the giving blood part that's confusing. i didn't get it until i read a post specifically talking about needing blood for people.

in other, much less serious news: june is totally out of sns already : o

Top Bottom