• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the thing is that nerfing mccree needs to happen but doing it is going to throw the whole balance of the game into whack 'cause a lot of other characters are arguably gated by mccree existing
should be fine. they nerf mcree, see what kind of wackiness ensues and know where to go from there.

i also don't play this game, so no ball in the court at all.
my family used to go to perkin's a lot. not really all that great imo
gonna trust this opinion.

and i did pretty well at the weekly. the skill level feels a bit better at these than the monthlies. played a rando round1, started to figure out how to metaknight pretty well against his luigi and falco (though, it got a lot easier once i realized he wasn't doing low lasers at all). played a pretty good marth next, went ganon rather than mk. last time i played him, he pooped on my mk, this time i got him to 2 stocks, kind of rough, but did it, both games. lost, but it was good. played against another random guy, he was fox and samus; his fox was mk'd pretty hard. i had no idea how to deal with samus, but got him to last stock on g2. switched to ganon and went to fod, took that one last stock, iirc. then had to play nebtune, one of our local commentators. last time we played, we were using jank stage first rules, so i took him to g3 where he cp'd warioware and i switched to ganon and junebug'd him. this time, we were using character first, so it was straight mk vs shiek. went to g3, last hit last stock stuff (i think he technically cp'd me twice? g1 was really intense, we had it go a good 6 minutes ;x) but i won, no stage jank : D then i was stuck against zeus, one of our pr players. his sonic pooped all over my ganon, then he ganon ditto'd me on fod and that was about a whole 90seconds. ended with me going for a yolo spike, down two stocks and then he ganoncided me out of the stomp : /

pretty fun tourney, sad i never get to make these due to work. definitely need to work on my uair juggles as mk, to clean up my punish game. also really need to learn how to efficiently take stocks on characters, so i can function even when i can't just take the ledge and ledge drop jump nair for kills ;x

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
People are complaining about Hanzo's projectile hitbox

And I'm just sitting here like

GUYS

Mcree is the real problem here

Don't lose sight of the objective
ppl don't complain as much over him for the same reason people never complained about scout in tf2 until recently: he may be the best, sure, but he also requires good aim so low-mid level players don't make any noise about it

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
People are complaining about Hanzo's projectile hitbox

And I'm just sitting here like

GUYS

Mcree is the real problem here

Don't lose sight of the objective
Oh look, Overwatch discussion. Widowmaker is fun.
Everyone's talking about McCree, but I'm dying for Blizzard to say something about Widowmaker. She's arguably the most OP character in the game right now.
She was recently confirmed "on the radar" on the OW forum. I love her but I have to agree; she's OP. In my limited knowledge I wouldn't be quick to say she's OP as in best in the game, but certainly OP as in much stronger than she needs/deserves to be. That quick charging and the strong body shots are dumb.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I mean sure, dude. Uh, I dunno what talk you're talking about though. Last I recall, I only ever called you out for boasting too much, I never said I was good.

My sig says my Fox is free.

My status thingie says I'm easy money.

I'm, uh, not really seeing where I'm talking. I think I've gotten better at the game, but I don't spend nearly enough time on Melee or PM to qualify as "good" right now.

I'll be looking for ya
Get your $5 ready for Melee.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
ppl don't complain as much over him for the same reason people never complained about scout in tf2 until recently: he may be the best, sure, but he also requires good aim so low-mid level players don't make any noise about it
Well

Fan the Hammer (alt fire) isn't that hard to aim and it does a ****-ton of damage. It kills most tanks outright even when they're at full health. Not a big deal when you consider his mobility and how hard it can be to actually get in...but then you factor in The Combo, which is Flashbang > Fan the Hammer > Roll > Fan the Hammer, which kills even buff tanks like Primal Rage Winston and any Lucio ult'd tanks, plus another McCree on the same team and a comp that backs them up...that's when he gets downright nasty. There's a reason why a lot of comp teams run a setup with at least two McCrees because literally nothing in the game can survive when they get in and start wrecking house.

I dunno if anybody is outright "gated" by the existence of McCree like Bleck said, but I'll agree that he's overtuned and needs to be dialed back a bit. Blizzard even went on record to say while counterplay does exist against McCree in his current form, they don't want the hero himself to be completely braindead and centralizing like he is now. Honestly, I kinda wish Blizzard would wait a little bit 'til they dropped the ranked play for the game, but oh well. I'm curious to see what they're gonna do.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Hey look, it's Bleck Bleck
"The golden years slip by ya' fast tom. One minute you're makin the most adorable "chirpity chirps" on the whole ****ing globe...next thing you know your sloggin through 5 days a week just for the 2 when you can see your kids. It's those ****in' stones man. Change a man real quick. Give me a captain jack on the rocks...."

wiztick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xhudayoloswagx
hey guys im graduating right now
as in this moment right now
yay me

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I assume mech has already seen it and told people this but

Patlabor 2: The Movie is really good even when I didn't have any previous experience with the series or franchise at all. It's like an artistically impressive Tom Clancy film if Tom Clancy films were actually good in the first place

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Are we talking about good in a beefy burrito way or juicy way.

Also too much xrd revalator on the mind right now kum and raven too much fun.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
yo Binary Clone Binary Clone when does pm pools start and where is it streamed
Uh, tomorrow, and I don't know.

I'm getting there at like 9 AM because I'm doing Melee doubles which starts at 10. I don't really know the rest of the schedule, all I know is I'll just be playing Smash allllll day since I'm in Melee and PM singles and doubles.

NWRL

Smash Ace
What's up PM fam

I haven't played this game in like 2 months but it's still fun to browse the social thread

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Tfw junebug is in your singles pool but if you win r1 in dubs you get to jank umbreon r2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i play strongbad in round 1 of my LTC4 pool

welcome back clinical depression

Bleck

Smash Master
I dunno if anybody is outright "gated" by the existence of McCree like Bleck said, but I'll agree that he's overtuned and needs to be dialed back a bit. Blizzard even went on record to say while counterplay does exist against McCree in his current form, they don't want the hero himself to be completely braindead and centralizing like he is now.
nerfing mccree will probably make reaper, mei and maybe junkrat go from "very good" to "overpowered", and nerfing mccree will probably put a larger focus on widowmaker's strength (while mccree is not a direct counter to widowmaker, she herself is arguably the only counter to mccree, and it's likely that with him nerfed there's no reason for her to be that strong)

zarya is also probably overpowered (she can become invincible too often and has too much crowd control for how much health she has) but nobody has noticed because it's actually hard to play as her

lucio is also extremely good but I don't actually think he needs nerfs?

meanwhile, peeps that will need buffs include; d.va, bastion and zenyatta

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
nerfing mccree will probably make reaper, mei and maybe junkrat go from "very good" to "overpowered", and nerfing mccree will probably put a larger focus on widowmaker's strength (while mccree is not a direct counter to widowmaker, she herself is arguably the only counter to mccree, and it's likely that with him nerfed there's no reason for her to be that strong)

zarya is also probably overpowered (she can become invincible too often and has too much crowd control for how much health she has) but nobody has noticed because it's actually hard to play as her

I'd agree with most of that. Unfortunately Bastion won't get buffed though, because he ****s up bad players so much as he is

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm hoping you guys are referring to the Fabulous Freebirds from Texas...but knowing that PMS is full of jabroni jobbing anime nerds, I'm going to end up disappointed.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
watching top 64 big balc vods in preparation for sns and

oracle is a god lmao how does he consistently have some of the silliest mindgames/movement coupled with some of the sloppiest mistakes while consistently never actually being "in shape"

like due to his performance at paragon and that one iab that everyone was at before aftershock makes me think that the elusive "oracle with practice" (much like the "sober mango" of 2013) is one of the, if not the, best players in the world

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master

oracle is a god lmao how does he consistently have some of the silliest mindgames/movement coupled with some of the sloppiest mistakes while consistently never actually being "in shape"

like due to his performance at paragon and that one iab that everyone was at before aftershock makes me think that the elusive "oracle with practice" (much like the "sober mango" of 2013) is one of the, if not the, best players in the world
Oracle's greatest mindgame was to bait @Tealz into thinking he'd be able to close out the set

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

The IaB was before LTC3 not Aftershock.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I'm really regretting telling these people at my new job that I'm "down for anything really" regarding schedules

Here I was thinking I would only be working during store hours

Instead I've been starting work at 6AM alot of times, which isn't too bad as it's really lax but sucks because I become too tired afterward to do anything but go to bed. But for next week I have to work 5 days in a row, one of them being 4-12. Good thing I'm leaving at the start of August

I think zarya would be kinda fine if she actually had a counter other than "dont fall for her bait", because in a lot of situations that means just stop attacking and hope they dont kill you before the shield wears down

Lucio I think needs a nerf but not because he's OP really, moreso because in competitive he's a must pick in any team comp. The speed boost is crazy good and lets the team easily storm through most defenses and chokepoints(and is also the more guaranteed way of getting through the ridiculous chokepoints that are first point Anubis, Hanamura and Volskaya) and he has a heal aoe on top of it. Currently there's no reason for teams to not have a Lucio which idk if I'm okay with considering there are other supports in this game compared to TF2

I would like Mercy's ult to get changed to her needing LOS of the dead teammate within the last 5 seconds or so in order to revive them. Currently if you go in a teamfight and kill the Mercy first you have to suddenly kill everyone else really quickly otherwise she's going to get a big res and you have to rekill everyone. I just find it frustrating how she can mess up and die at the beginning of a fight, and then be able to dash to a dead teammate and revive whoever didn't die immediately with her. Tho this is only a problem with the Anubis, Hanamura and Volskaya because they have godawful spawn layouts

Bleck

Smash Master
Fair enough on Junkrat and Reaper moving on up in the world, but why Mei? I don't think she's bad by any stretch of the imagination but she feels pretty niche.
nobody else can reliably burst mei down without being frozen or forced to wait for mei's backup to arrive; mei being able to exist with more impunity means that she can **** up entire teams way more often and more safely than she does now

I think zarya would be kinda fine if she actually had a counter other than "dont fall for her bait", because in a lot of situations that means just stop attacking and hope they dont kill you before the shield wears down
agreed

Lucio I think needs a nerf but not because he's OP really, moreso because in competitive he's a must pick in any team comp. The speed boost is crazy good and lets the team easily storm through most defenses and chokepoints(and is also the more guaranteed way of getting through the ridiculous chokepoints that are first point Anubis, Hanamura and Volskaya) and he has a heal aoe on top of it. Currently there's no reason for teams to not have a Lucio which idk if I'm okay with considering there are other supports in this game compared to TF2
also agreed

I would like Mercy's ult to get changed to her needing LOS of the dead teammate within the last 5 seconds or so in order to revive them. Currently if you go in a teamfight and kill the Mercy first you have to suddenly kill everyone else really quickly otherwise she's going to get a big res and you have to rekill everyone. I just find it frustrating how she can mess up and die at the beginning of a fight, and then be able to dash to a dead teammate and revive whoever didn't die immediately with her. Tho this is only a problem with the Anubis, Hanamura and Volskaya because they have godawful spawn layouts
also agreed, again - not sure if it's as much of a problem with Volskaya, Hanamura definitely, and especially Anubis

Anubis in general is just kind of a **** map honestly

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The zarya shield is only active for 2 seconds on her, while yes its really strong (especially with how it over-blocks holy) 2 seconds isn't that long of a time to just aim at a different target. until she hits about 40% charge shes doing under 100 dps with the laser, which isn't something you can ignore but its also not the biggest threat considering the uncharged beam hitbox isn't super large.

I think her real dumb strengths lie in her ult (obviously) and her projected barrier. 400 shield thrown onto anyone else is crazy, and if the entire shield is broken she gets maximum charge as well (so throwing it onto someone who just got stickied is redic. Theres counterplay to her in just abusing her shorter range and imobility, as well as acting out of her ult to deal with them (mei can throw her ult down at the enemy team and then just put a wall up between the teams to stall/mitigate dmgs, etc etc).

shes definetly great and very strong on a lot of maps. In competitive events so far she mostly gets play when theres a 1 character rule, and she takes the space of the double Winston.

With the mcree nerfs (thank ****ing god), and the winston nerfs being towards his position holding abilities (slap down the 1k hp bubble, get fully healed by support, dance around the objective for another 30 seconds easily), I think the meta will shift more towards Widowmaker, Winstons to jump on widows and just not let her play, and reapers to blow up the winstons (with mcree/lucio still being good picks to shut down reaper, and being strong still in general).

it will be interesting. Symetra will always be a First point Only character, Torb and Bastion will always get run over if they lose momentum vs an organized team. I'm hoping for something to make roadhog not just feed ults into the enemy team constantly. His hooks are great, being able to pull people out of position and then oneshot them as a tank is really good, but my god the amount of highnoons and death blossoms he feeds the enemy team is not worth it.

Personally I'd love a Hanzo walk speed buff, and a torb turret setup speed buff (4 hits to set up turret instead of 5 would be hot af)

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I'm in the process of watching all of the top 64 videos from big balc

and jesus christ how did june and ipk go from one of the best games on dreamland I've seen to one of the sloppiest immediately after

smh socal

also how does oracle go from eviscerating phresh game one to losing the set to getting 4-stocked by a fat monkey smh how the mighty have fallen

edit: footstool handoffs that's how

edit: my heart is sad rip rob
as a ****ty luigi my heart goes out to everyone who has ever missed a ledgedash

Last edited:
Top Bottom