• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Canon was drawing a parallel between being born with contaminated blood and being born homosexual. Bakas

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Canon was drawing a parallel between being born with contaminated blood and being born homosexual. Bakas
i figured it was that, specifically in the context that you generally can't donate blood at all if you're a gay male, because stereotypes about hiv etc...

Lizalfos

Smash Master
That's a cool idea actually

What would you consider overcomplicated
Divide tiers into sub tiers.
So Aa Tier Ab Tier
- - - -
Are there really laws in the books that prevent gays from donating blood? Shouldn't everyone's blood be tested?

Related to HIV kinda: what do you guys think about this CRISPR stuff. I think all you people (in the american public as a whole) are ****ing wusses and we should aggressively research this.

e: Reading more about this and it is still cool. Gene drive is amazing. I think this means we can defeat super germs now, right?
e2: And real life Gattaca!
e3: Doesn't anyone find it strange that having many fingers is so rare in humans, even though it is a dominant trait? You would think it would be evolutionary beneficial or at least not hurt people possessing the trait. The obvious guess it sexual selection, but then that begs why early humans would avoid partners with that trait.
e4: It bothers me further that we are already talking about gun control so early. I believe that assault weapons bans basically amount to security theater. Starting a fire, using bombs or gasses, and even sawing off a shotgun would have been pretty damn effective. I think this does a lot more with radicalism and violence, and the measures that really work against them the best: intelligence and public awareness.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i don't know if it's laws, but i know a lot of blood donation centers have stuff like that as policy/standards : /

you'd think they'd test everything regardless, so it shouldn't matter anyway, but yeah...

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
snoop dog is actually blazing it on the E3 stream

Edit: they took away his joint :(

Edit 2: he lit up another one then the camera quickly panned away to look at wiz khalifa then snoop dog passed the blunt to wiz khalifa

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
i figured it was that, specifically in the context that you generally can't donate blood at all if you're a gay male, because stereotypes about hiv etc...
now that I'm not two degrees away from throwing chairs at everything bad in the world, adding stuff to this: the ban was a knee-jerk reaction to an era of HIV epidemics (that if you then wanna dig into history, was an epidemic that could've been fixed MUCH earlier, but it was in the reagan era wherein the feds hated gay people, so they only cared once it actually started going outside that bubble). there's two points as to why that's not a good excuse--

1) HIV rates have dropped massively since then from safe sex being commonplace
2) it's not as if gay men just magically give each other diseases because god intended it or w/e. the actual reason is because anal is more likely to transfer HIV than anything else, and while yeah, that's something they're gonna do more often than anyone else, it's not as if all hetero people are legally binded to never bone in the butt, and when doing so they're just as likely as anyone else. if this is sincerely the argument made, why does it then only specifically target one single group, and nobody else?

there's a one-year period now, but that doesn't really change much. at its core, it's still a logistical loop that says they can't on the basis of epidemics that would have never been epidemics had america actually cared about gay ppl earlier

CORY

wut
BRoomer
now that I'm not two degrees away from throwing chairs at everything bad in the world, adding stuff to this: the ban was a knee-jerk reaction to an era of HIV epidemics (that if you then wanna dig into history, was an epidemic that could've been fixed MUCH earlier, but it was in the reagan era wherein the feds hated gay people, so they only cared once it actually started going outside that bubble). there's two points as to why that's not a good excuse--

1) HIV rates have dropped massively since then from safe sex being commonplace
2) it's not as if gay men just magically give each other diseases because god intended it or w/e. the actual reason is because anal is more likely to transfer HIV than anything else, and while yeah, that's something they're gonna do more often than anyone else, it's not as if all hetero people are legally binded to never bone in the butt, and when doing so they're just as likely as anyone else. if this is sincerely the argument made, why does it then only specifically target one single group, and nobody else?

there's a one-year period now, but that doesn't really change much. at its core, it's still a logistical loop that says they can't on the basis of epidemics that would have never been epidemics had america actually cared about gay ppl earlier
oh, i agree that the entirety of the ban is stupid. was just saying why a lot of places had it at all. guess i had a really large lack of context and explanation with that up there, though.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
That's a cool idea actually

What would you consider overcomplicated
A program that is op at tier lists

Not just putting characters in spots, but something like clicking on the picture giving reasons for placement,mus/whatever

Idk

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Good on you waiting for the right time.

Help I really liked Me Before You and other people have wrong and bad opinions!
Pro-life ****s want to boycott it. Lmao.
Worse, people who proport to speak for disabled people and some actual disabled people say that the movie says death is better than disability. I will now risk making a huge ass of myself in order to defend a stupid piece of media.

First of all, the idea that you can tell people that life is always worth living because you are an activist for the disabled is ****ing stupid to anyone with a decent worldview. I don't know if these people were paying attention, but any moral authority you can think of is fake. **** you for trying to delude people into thinking otherwise.

The guy killed himself because it was right for him. This has nothing to do with disabilities specifically; the message is applicable to numerous other scenarios and is all about . His view on life was to live it to his full potential. He already did in his mind. He too was optimistic after his disability. He tried hard to recover, but the reality was that his condition would only worsen. He was in excruciating pain near constantly; completely dependent; likely to be hospitalized frequently for pneumonia and die randomly one of those times.
He is very smart, he knows that with time he would familiarize with his new life and become happy, but he realizes this is a trick of psychology. He has already had his perfect trip to France, and anything he does now is an insult to that memory. This would be the death of the old him.
In his mind, having already fulfilled his duty to live, he sees his continued struggle only hindering his loved ones from moving on to their own lives.
When the main character lets him die, they are respecting their son's individualism and his wish for them to be individuals. Nothing can stop this adult from making this choice. He gave it another 6 months and everyone put in a genuine effort. By the main character attending his suicide it merely reflects a dignified goodbye. Nobody was enabling anyone, if anything everyone was fighting till the 11th hour.

There is so much more to this movie, but people are so shocked by the movie not ending in fairy tail ********. Stop acting like all life is worth living or saving. You can't decide that because you can't live for them.
lol Bazkip Bazkip might want to unlike after my edit

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Because I can do it from the comfort of my home, and passively code.
Don't you understand the concept of lazing around?

TL;DR:TL;DR I shoulda just read the manga.

TL;DR I would have dropped this show if everyone wasn't talking/memeing about it. If seasons weren't still being made I would drop it b/c I'm so late to the party. Battle Tendency is the only better than meh part (live up to things people hype series for + works standalone).

I found phantom blood particularly boring aside from Dio Brando. Then they just genericize Dio into this completely boring "I am the ultimate lifeform" villain by taking away his ability to personally sabotage and manipulate Jonathan. Battle tendency is a pretty big improvement, but there are still some pacing issues ect.
Then Stardust Crusaders is just really standard assemble team of heros to travel across diverse locales and defeat a bunch of throwaway baddies. It's basically slightly better power rangers. Plus they are so slow to characterize Jotaro that you are confused about who to connect with. Jonathan is basically a bumbling dad type now, and so he hardly carries the torch of protagonist while we are introduced to a character who the writer assumes we should like despite from being a ******* who basically only punches things when he is angry because he has a nice design and girls inexplicably dig him (so obviously he is just too cool for me to understand). Jotaro seems to grow into a more likable character later, but I honestly am only watching because: it is tolerable turn my brain off to, everyone else gushes over it, and I want to get to Battle in Egypt/Dimond is Unbreakable seem to have all the memes and generally seem more amusing.
Jojo's is worth it literally just for Battle in Egypt/Diamond is Unbreakable alone.

Just had my $5 money match with SpiderMad

Guess he's gonna have to wait before he can go on Tinder again.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Is EA really making Battlefront 2 already? Battlefront is still essentially tech demo. If they are I hope that consumers feel burned by EA and rightfully look for a complete experience in one of the many other shooters already out and more feature complete than Battlefront. If you really need a Star Wars fix, there exist way more compelling games in that franchise anyway.

Side thought: music suffers by focusing on the single instead of creating cohesive quality albums.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Guilty gear is pretty fun though.

This has nothing to do with the fact that it was pushed back to Friday at the GS I pre-ordered it at or that I only got to sink some decent time into it yesterday, and even then not as much as I would have liked. But still I'm pretty happy with my choice to try and get into GG since I wasn't to big on SFV.

And this post has nothing to do with the fact that I haven't been/posted in this thread in forever. Haven't even been lurking like I have thread the tier list thread.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
slept for 12 hours, woke up at 6am, proceeding to spend the next four hours on my hard drive making my computer not boot

if I hotplug it in once windows starts it works fine, but it freezes the BIOS if I try to boot. oh well, I know this means it's an issue with the drive's bootcode, so at the very least I can just archive all of my stuff off the drive, wipe the drive clean and then put it back on later

Lizalfos

Smash Master
That reminds me of when I was editing my imageres.dll so that I could have the Win95 startup sound on 10, because I desperately want to be a millennial. Lets just said I'm not a poweruser in the slightest, and I may have taken ownership of all the files in sys32.

I'm going to set up a Linux partition so I don't have to put up with MS's nonsense anymore. I'm near sure emacs is bluescreening win 10 too, and learning emacs is on my long to-do list of this that aren't necessary, but really cool.

Then I can do cool **** in Linux and reliable **** in Windows.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
slept for 12 hours, woke up at 6am, proceeding to spend the next four hours on my hard drive making my computer not boot

if I hotplug it in once windows starts it works fine, but it freezes the BIOS if I try to boot. oh well, I know this means it's an issue with the drive's bootcode, so at the very least I can just archive all of my stuff off the drive, wipe the drive clean and then put it back on later
we are now at five and a half hours, because backing things up is a surprisingly more obnoxious task than one might realize

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
my hard drive is sensually pounding the computer, but only after distributing safewords for maximum consent

I am still trying to find out why it specifically freezes the BIOS and nothing else. like I already wiped the thing to a success so that's fine but this seems like something that you'd have a reason for it happening, and there isn't any for this

Lizalfos

Smash Master
my hard drive is sensually pounding the computer, but only after distributing safewords for maximum consent

I am still trying to find out why it specifically freezes the BIOS and nothing else. like I already wiped the thing to a success so that's fine but this seems like something that you'd have a reason for it happening, and there isn't any for this
Bios recovery? Legacy boot mode?
I have a kitchen sink troubleshooting philosophy.
Then again if it is a virus maybe uefi is the protecting you??

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

this is actually a super cute little branding concept. although the logo for the US side of things is much cooler, I think it's just because I'm so cynical of 5hitty S3quel N4mings + roman numerals being far closer to the actual alphabet

Bios recovery? Legacy boot mode?
I have a kitchen sink troubleshooting philosophy.
Then again if it is a virus maybe uefi is the protecting you??
nah, UEFI is disabled on my computer

whatever it is, it wasn't something just attached to the drive, but apparently the whole damn partition. I ended up having to restore stuff file-by-file, which thankfully isn't too hard

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Doing a programming project the code my mentor gave me is really poorly maintained. I really want to split up some of the methods so I can reuse code, but he doesn't really want me to spend time on it. So frustrating.

Wait: There is no Nintendo Digital event? How am I supposed to learn more about how Federation force is going to save Metroid's cannon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom