• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
So last night I was at a bar with a couple of friends, and I was wearing a Saxton Hale shirt (a character from the TF2 universe). At one point someone turns to me and asks "What's that on your shirt? Is that from...Team Fortress 2?" Caught completely by surprise, I pause for a moment, before managing to get out "Uhh...yes actually". Our groups start talking together, brought together by mutual nerdiness. Then a bit later someone uttered those famous words
"Nobody can beat me at Smash"
Was a fun night :p

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That dope as hell. 64 Is the chill game for a reason.

In other news pre order gg xrd revalator on ps4 and got the demo and pre older star Fox zero and got it paid off before this Friday so can't wait for that. Otherwise I'm watching JJBA till then and on part 3 Stardust Crusuaders right now.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Guys math is fun again.

And I moved the couch so now my roommate can't be creepy in the corner of the TV lounge.

Taking the ACT.
Wish me a advantageous socio-economic background.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
lmao holy ****
This sure is...something
I was kinda bitter and mad overall on how everyone treats PM recently

20 seconds into this video and I've already decided that nothing within or around PM needs to change a single thing, absolutely perfect the way it is

CORY

wut
BRoomer
PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP re: fidi controllers.

there's a local guy who made himself a fidi after i told him about it, and so i asked him if he could make me one, just because they're cool. he said he was working on a new schematic that took all the buttons and put them over as actual buttons, and swapped the csitck into a set of 4 buttons, as well. then, basically just use a normal fightstick, converted to read analog, as the left analog. in theory, it'll work out well, unless you're playing melee where light press shields matter (i don't think they do in sm4sh, but i could be wrong), and further in theory, if light shields matter, it might be possible to set one of the shield buttons as a light press (though, that might need to be a mechanical fix...).

he doesn't have the schematic done yet, so i don't know how it'll look (might be too busy on the buttons side...) and i think he's still trying to tune down how to properly analogize the stick, but this sounds interesting. i think he actually independently addressed some of the issues you had cited yourself with the fidi design, and i know i wasn't thinking of cstick converted to buttons at all.

i'm guessing you can actually angle your smashes with the cstick, if you use it as such, but i don't pay much attention. that's the only real drawback i can come up with off the top of my head to that setup, other than the fact that the right side is going to be suuuuuuuuper busy with all the buttons going on over there. might need to start employing multiple sizes or something...

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP re: fidi controllers.

there's a local guy who made himself a fidi after i told him about it, and so i asked him if he could make me one, just because they're cool. he said he was working on a new schematic that took all the buttons and put them over as actual buttons, and swapped the csitck into a set of 4 buttons, as well. then, basically just use a normal fightstick, converted to read analog, as the left analog. in theory, it'll work out well, unless you're playing melee where light press shields matter (i don't think they do in sm4sh, but i could be wrong), and further in theory, if light shields matter, it might be possible to set one of the shield buttons as a light press (though, that might need to be a mechanical fix...).

he doesn't have the schematic done yet, so i don't know how it'll look (might be too busy on the buttons side...) and i think he's still trying to tune down how to properly analogize the stick, but this sounds interesting. i think he actually independently addressed some of the issues you had cited yourself with the fidi design, and i know i wasn't thinking of cstick converted to buttons at all.

i'm guessing you can actually angle your smashes with the cstick, if you use it as such, but i don't pay much attention. that's the only real drawback i can come up with off the top of my head to that setup, other than the fact that the right side is going to be suuuuuuuuper busy with all the buttons going on over there. might need to start employing multiple sizes or something...
hmmmm converting the cstick to hitbox-like buttons is a ....novel.... idea that I think might be more effort than it's worth in terms of ease of use of the layout
if you have too many buttons then you run the risk of the piano problem where it becomes more of a hassle to find the button you want and misspresses become an issue
but I'm always open to more people experimenting

CORY

wut
BRoomer
hmmmm converting the cstick to hitbox-like buttons is a ....novel.... idea that I think might be more effort than it's worth in terms of ease of use of the layout
if you have too many buttons then you run the risk of the piano problem where it becomes more of a hassle to find the button you want and misspresses become an issue
but I'm always open to more people experimenting
yeah, i'm waiting to see the schematic he's working on. if it looks too busy i'll probably ask him to just do a "normal" fidi with a vertical cstick. or see if he can make the cstick module adjustable in some ways (don't know how much he's capable of doing, mechanically. he fiddles with making custom sticks and controllers a lot, though, so i'm sure he can do the rewiring easy enough).

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Went to bed around midnight, woke up at 1PM
Holy **** where did my day go

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Sleeping during the day is great.
There are no people demanding your attention. Then you can really focus on what you personally care about.

I wish some of the anime I wanted to watch was dubbed so I can passively watch as I do work. I think I'm going to get some philosophy books in audiobook form and listen to those.

If William S. Burroughs is one of the most important writers of the 20th century then why have I never heard about him. Fine, let's read The Taming of the Shrew twice, and otherwise only books set in the Antebellum South.
- - - - -
What books in the public domain should I listen to?

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I've been invited to work on a grant funded research paper about migrant children from Central America and it pays $10 an hour.

...Why couldn't they pick a much more important topic like college students and strength or The outcomes of embracing the 3 Sacred Oaths?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I've been invited to work on a grant funded research paper about migrant children from Central America and it pays $10 an hour.

...Why couldn't they pick a much more important topic like college students and strength or The outcomes of embracing the 3 Sacred Oaths?
Research work kind of sucks paywise, huh

Player -0

Smash Hero
I said that competition fosters hostility and clearly that is why the Olympics are held every 4 years.
I stared at the paper for like 30 minutes.

Then I felt like playing good games but was like I need to at least write a paragraph

so I got through like half a paragraph.

Then I never got to play good games because fml

while thinking about dying apparently someone threw up

Also apparently take a full load of school for no reason other than to "learn" stuff at school.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

like someone shoot me but not where it will kill me because being dead is spooky.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I rear ended someone on the highway this morning, wasn't bad because I was paying attention just couldn't break in time because sudden stops ahead of me. I breaked and swerved left and just barely grazed her at like 30 mph, cracked her bumper and banged mine up a bit. Broke my signal light too.

We both leaned out the window and signaled to get off at the exit that was right there, but she didn't stop and just kinda left. I called 911 immediately and filed the police report, but god damn that was stressful. She filed a report later that day (accident happened just before 9, she called it in at like 1pm), but the whole time I was worried that she was going to try to sue for hit-and-run+whiplash injuries. I talked to my insurance agent immediately afterwards, going to call him in the morning again and give him all the information I have now with report numbers/etc.

goodbye tax return money though :/ I was going to use it to buy nice mic/camera/sound board so I could stream from home and be a side-stream at events.

the collision aggravated a lot of old injuries too, have had a dull pain in my right hip/knee all day. Going to need to get that checked out. Have so much other **** to do this week too.

Its been a rough few weeks for softie :s

Top Bottom