• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
anthony fantano is a talentless hack who doesn't know how to review music aside from throwing some adjectives at it and then simply stating whether or not he liked it without really specifying why

also anthony fantano has a history of being really ignorant about things like various electronic subgenres and classical music
he seems knowledgeable about metal and general music news (especially hiphop news) but that's about as far as I would trust him

i get my music reviews from tinymixtapes and even then I only really use them as guidelines and music discovery tools

D

Deleted member

anthony fantano is a talentless hack who doesn't know how to review music aside from throwing some adjectives at it and then simply stating whether or not he liked it without really specifying why

also anthony fantano has a history of being really ignorant about things like various electronic subgenres and classical music
he seems knowledgeable about metal and general music news (especially hiphop news) but that's about as far as I would trust him

i get my music reviews from tinymixtapes and even then I only really use them as guidelines and music discovery tools
he's bald and funny haha

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Very excited for all fighting games to adopt the League format of new characters like SFV is doing
What's wrong with the league formula? So long as it doesn't take forever to unlock the characters without money It seems like a better plan than having to fork $20 for an update.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What's wrong with the league formula? So long as it doesn't take forever to unlock the characters without money It seems like a better plan than having to fork $20 for an update.
I don't really care too much personally because I'll be playing it

but the strength in the new-disc purchase updates were that new players don't have to dump 50 on the game then like 2 years worth of DLC cash to catch up on characters

league style works for mobas because large cast +loose roles means you don't really need everyone

but fighting games? It just feels awful

I don't think theres a better way to do it though

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
the best solution is to be like skullgirls and just expand the roster for practically free

I mean I know there is dlc but I bought skullgirls as a discounted game + full dlc bundle and then received all the other dlc characters when they were added

also you got access to the beta for free the entire time

edit: also my pipe dream for if this whole planetary science career deal doesn't work out (like honestly not that likely, unless i really really really don't like grad school (also not likely unless my anxiety disorders get worse) in which case I'll just say **** it and be field geologist and camp and look at rocks all the time) is to throw mike z a copy of my very extensive (and ongoing) series of notes/plans for a platform fighting game and have lab zero make the perfect video game (this also involves me going to school for cs/game design which should also be fun in its own right)
also because I have a feeling that mikez would be down for it

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't really care too much personally because I'll be playing it

but the strength in the new-disc purchase updates were that new players don't have to dump 50 on the game then like 2 years worth of DLC cash to catch up on characters

league style works for mobas because large cast +loose roles means you don't really need everyone

but fighting games? It just feels awful

I don't think theres a better way to do it though
Well it's not like the game is going to stay $50-60, but I get your point.

I personally don't think it'll be that bad. I doubt they're going to require you to play for a month straight just to unlock characters and costumes.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
just watched wolf children, that movie got me all ****ed up

i look forward to the day i get to see my own children, but i'm not looking forward to the day they'll have to leave me
but all in all, im sure they will have found what they wanted out of life, and i hope i'm able to help them make the way there

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
For this study abroad scholarship I have to write a 2 page essay on why I want to go to japan and what I hope to gain from the experience

How do I not sound like a weeb writing this

Really bummed out that sfv doesnt launch with 8 player lobbies, was going to have a full lobby with some friends but that dream is dead. Can't even play 2 player lobbies atm which is probably even more ****ed up
Dear (name), I am (your name) and I am a (grade) from (college/university). I am interested in attending (college/university) as part of the (study abroad program). I feel that the young men in the country of Japan are all being converted to becoming anime nerds who have waifu body pillows. As such, as a student of (college/university), it would be my honor as both a scholar and international representative to help your country in its time of need. What can I bring to your university and country you may ask? Why the 3 Sacred Oaths of course. The teachings of Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect will purify the young men of Japan from the clutches of anime nerdism while instilling them the lifestyle teaching of looking really really strong.

Also anyone ever done honors society/clubs in university? I got invited to one and I'm not sure if these things are actually beneficial.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I had a bunch of free time at work, which I spent contemplating what to make for PMDepot. I just came to the same conclusion that it's all frivolous to me at the moment. It's not gonna help anyone's life to teach more details about a video game.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I got SFV in Instant Gaming for around 30 euros so I don't feel all that ripped off, but it's true that it can't be called a finished game.

Still, Vega is the ****.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I think I'd sooner end up adopting / fostering children before having kids of my own. There are a lot of great kids out there who could use a family, and figure I'd be better off helping kids already here than creating more mouths to feed.

That's only if I ever want to raise children though. I'm just tryna cuddle, dammit.

Bleck

Smash Master
you've discovered my terrible secret, that I was just ****in' with y'all about kanye west

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I said one word on the news page here, once I might add. Farst.
I now have 1 point for spam #edgelord

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I got hella bored of Terraria after 200-ish hours

EDIT: Also getting into Terraria prolly isn't the best idea considering I have a midterm in 2 hours

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
is seth really ****ing annoying or do i just suck

i can barely beat him in arcade mode on easy

Top Bottom