• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I like vanilla ice cream and vanilla [REDACTED], I'm a rather boring individual.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Destroyed the **** out of my physics final apparently, thought I was getting a D in the class, somehow got a B instead ayyyyyyyy

Lizalfos

Smash Master
i'm gonna go against the grain and say go for it. you're only sixteen; it's okay for you to make mistakes

oh and you're crazy, kojima got that sexy rugged/scrufffy look down pat
I like the way he made the face where you can't tell whether he is crying or just really cool.

I didn't fail chemistry! Yay me! Yay ruined transcript!

Also my life is so ****ing trippy the resident life guy who is a massive weeb, D&D playing philosophy major who I body in Smash 4 to give me strength owns a kilt.

When he first wore it it was haha that's cool.

Then he wore it to lunch with other faculty.

Today he wore it when all the parents were picking people up for break.

What is shame. My life has such capacity to be anime. Like there are girls and school life and the only thing missing is mechs.

Last edited:

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Got next to no sleep last night and every time I try to take a ****ing nap, my ****ing neighbors decide to get loud. Really hoping I don't pass out in the theater tonight :/

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I'm at a weird impasse

I'm frustrated with diddy in a lot of MUs and dont know if I should continue to solo main. Kinda want to pick up DK as a dual main because that combo is dank and they cover each other well enough (really just want to switch for like, samus and vs easy combo mode characters so I can shut my brain off in early rounds). But I also know my smash mentality recently has been really unhealthy and I'm struggling to fix it, going on tilt too much and I feel like I should just quit. But my crew also thinks I should come back to melee and be the falco god, Falco is the only melee character I've never let myself play because he is braindead ******** but like, hes so good and easy. Falco is litterally a PM character. Played him a bit and I've never had such easy comboing puff/peach to death before.

PMS I need help

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

I'm frustrated with diddy in a lot of MUs and dont know if I should continue to solo main. Kinda want to pick up DK as a dual main because that combo is dank and they cover each other well enough (really just want to switch for like, samus and vs easy combo mode characters so I can shut my brain off in early rounds). But I also know my smash mentality recently has been really unhealthy and I'm struggling to fix it, going on tilt too much and I feel like I should just quit. But my crew also thinks I should come back to melee and be the falco god, Falco is the only melee character I've never let myself play because he is braindead ******** but like, hes so good and easy. Falco is litterally a PM character. Played him a bit and I've never had such easy comboing puff/peach to death before.

PMS I need help
Pick up DK. There's never a bad reason to play Donkey Kong.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

PMS I need help
I'm not going to offer you any help because I suck but like

recently I've also become frustrated with PM because of a. the lack of time I have to play it during my school term, leading to me being rusty af when I get home b. the lack of people in my region who actually play pm c. how I always get badly stuck in shield and I can't seem to break my habits because I'm always so nervous when I play other people because I never get practice because nobody plays
so like I contemplated just trying to git gud at tfgs but then I realized there's even less of an active scene for those in fargo. the only active gaming scenes are ****in league and melee and one is a bad game that I hate playing and the other is league.

this is where living far from a decent scene at anything and not being around at all during the school year to build one sucks
if I lived on the east coast I'd already have relatively ample resources to play pm or skullgirls or marvel or what have you
but noooo

sigh just got to keep grinding I guess, maybe I'll start trying to play on netplay more. skullgirls at least has decent online

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
A bit over a week left until it's Christmas. Our patience will pay off...

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think I did very well on the calc 2 exam. I felt very confident on like 80-85% of the exam. I think I'll pass the course :o
Good job.

PMS I need help
What do you mean? Falco is for
I n t e l l e c t u a l s.
Thinking man's Fox amirite

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i threw my controller last night while fighting my friend's luigi (which isnt even his serious character; he was just trolling)

that character is my bane.

falco? np.
fox? ez.
shiek? nbd.
wario? as long as its not SB's we good.

luigi???????????????????????????

someone ****ing kill me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAあああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

it didnt help we were playing on a laggy TV either -_-

i can see why luigi has such a high win rate on netplay.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Bazkip Bazkip When is it not, really?

For 25 days a year it's a symbol of happiness, wealth and spreading of the previous, for the rest of the year it presents a critical stance at consumerism or something. :^ )

Also I watched Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro a few days ago.

Pretty good movie. I feel like the style of Ghibli and Miyazaki really fits the manga, though I don't have massive experience with either, as I've read like one volume of the manga.
Had I not have had some info on Lupin and his gang I would've been a bit weirded out by Fumiko and the way she came kind of outta nowhere and was kinda redundant, but my little brother, with whom I watched the film with, didn't really complain, so I don't know.
The animation was beautiful as is to be expected of Ghibli. I can only imagine how good it was relative to its peers back in the day since other old-ish anime movies I've watched include only Ninja Scroll and other Miyazaki works.
A fun movie with some of that now classic Ghibli charm. Nothing really fantastic though.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

PMS I need help
Falco braindead? Why I never Lmao just embrace the scumbag character with nba jumps.

Congrats also like your post because I'm not a Cordelia fanboy lol jk.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
I think the best thing to do when you're in a rut with something you love is approach it from a different angle. I think the idea of picking up DK is an excellent choice. Play him only in a few tournaments, learn him through trial by fire. Act like you're just picking up the game for the first time and you want to get better with only DK. It will force you to be more creative and think outside the box, and I think it would ultimately make your secondary a lot better in the long run. Sure you might get bopped the first few times, but at least you're giving yourself a new challenge to overcome.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

As a fan of Mecha Sonic and SMBZ this episode made me super super happy.

Why do people keep forgetting that Mecha can turn super with the power of the master emerald and Metal Sonic cant ;_;

I still dont get the arguements saying Metal Sonic is stronger than Mecha. Even in Canon.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
So did SMBZ really end at ep. 8? The one with the Knight Dry Bones? I think someone was supposed to carry it on after the original creator decided to hang up the gloves but...?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So did SMBZ really end at ep. 8? The one with the Knight Dry Bones? I think someone was supposed to carry it on after the original creator decided to hang up the gloves but...?
The series is being rebooted.

Alvin has a patreon set up dedicated to recreating and finishing SMBZ. He's already up to 3500$ lmao

Top Bottom