• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm still trying to hold out hope that maybe they got called to bring their genius over to improve Smash 4.

I mean, we know for a fact from :4feroy:'s moveset that Sakurai has played PM.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
You guys are being way too presumptuous in believing that the leaked characters were being worked on all along and were close to ready for the next release. We have absolutely no confirmation on that.

They could have decided to cease all work on them after the leaks sapped their interest, which is a strong possibility, and changed focus on improving the characters we already have and the game as a whole.

The only thing we should even be assuming is more costumes and stages were on the way, anything else is purely speculation.
I didn't expect Knuckles as a guarantee, but ever since seeing the leaked footage, I was hyped as hell for my favorite red echidna. I don't think it would have been the next update, but eventually...maybe it could have happened.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Pm remix is already a go
In the interest of not dividing the community on such a mod's legitimacy in the post-PMDT world, I would suggest you not to do anything too crazy, like completely change the design of a character. Give them things you really think they need, sure, but not make them too different from where they were settling in playstyle.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Bruh, you know who you're talking to? I co-made the first 3 versions of SDRemix. I know how to limit my ideas.

D

Deleted member

Let's just get a 4.0 version to be released somehow and let it be the final perfect version. And somehow add Ridley, Lyn Isaac and Knuckles via the clone engine.
Yep, exactly.

That's why I'm holding out for the hope someone might leak the dev build, the community will be able to finsh what they started, and we can agree on a definitive version ourselves.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I think give it a couple months before starting modding or anything.

Either way.

@Binary Clone I've already got a Santa hat. Could I get a Project M poster or background or something? Something that's not super intrusive but obviously there?

°^°?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I don't post much here anymore and I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said but I would just like to say I will miss PM. PM changed my life, really, and although I'm optimistic about the Wavedash project, I don't see it being able to recreate the magic PM had.
I don't know guys, this isn't a fun time.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'll just ask: If "Project Wavedash" turns out to be a Nintendo-endorsed expansion for 4 like I'm personally hoping, how many of you would be happy for them and how many of you would call "traitor"?

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
I'll just ask: If "Project Wavedash" turns out to be a Nintendo-endorsed expansion for 4 like I'm personally hoping, how many of you would be happy for them and how many of you would call "traitor"?
I'd be really happy for them.
Even though I don't have a wiiu.

Setton

Smash Rookie
The game is great, and we're not in a bad spot, but things shouldn't have been left this way. PM has something special going for it with its balance and variety, but its not where it should or deserves to be. I feel fortunate to be playing a decent character, but "adapt" is going to be too rough with a select few of the least fortunate characters. If something comes along that is well done, I hope the community does accept it.

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Read some funny bleck posts yesterday, got jade empire for free on origin and even played triforce heroes with my friend. It was a fun day. Then I wake up to see project M development ending

Me in a nutshell today

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
PM might not be getting anything new anytime soon, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still able to be played. Don't despair pls

Bazkip

Smash Master
It's not going anywhere, but on the same foot, what could've been will loom over it forever :/

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Has anyone heard anything from Ryan P. Morrison?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've never posted here before, but thanks to the valiant efforts of my good friend and local TO @DialNouns, I've developed a taste for wizard-stomping scrubs and I intend to keep playing well into the foreseeable future.

Bit of a weird time to get involved in the scene, but here we go - to the future!

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
It's not going anywhere, but on the same foot, what could've been will loom over it forever :/
that can be said of any game, more or less.

even melee is technically an unfinished game lol

keep playing 3.6 pls.
^Important.

If this is the final version, this is the final version. Trying to keep it going is going to lead to disjointed releases that are by all means unofficial and not likely tournament-playable. If the community couldn't agree on official releases as they stood, what makes anyone think that it would actually end up doing any better without conflicting with itself again and again?

It also makes the matter of "keeping the game alive" worse. There was already enough trouble having to deal with people starting to run 3.02 tournaments again instead of the current release.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I got in bed at 1 am.

Here I am, still awake.

Brought PM with me to school for before class smashing. I'm gonna beat every melee, PM and smash 4 player in here to hell and back.

Then its time for finals after that.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I just want to know if it was truly not possible to package/tidy up everything they've got done now and release a final version before ending it?

I mean I have to assume that yes, they couldn't, because otherwise they definitely would've done so. But I want to know for certain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom