• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Being British actually makes him an authority on all things tea.

Carbonated beverage without the associated guilt.

A tip for anyone who finds carbonated water to be too fizzy and gets gassy from it: leave the can open for a few hours and then drink it. Still delicious but the fizz is weaker. I drink a lot so it has helped me.
This guy gets it.
Didnt you guys steal that **** from the chinese tho

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I read that. I get what they mean, but it still sucks and kinda irritates me.
While I understand that the cost may not make it worth it, they would have not have had such large backlash over such games if they removed the region locking.

To use Xenoblade as an example, the game has been translated by NOE more or less. If the Wii was region free without mods, the vocal minority they speak of have the means to simply import the game from a european retailer or from NOE's website. No muss no fuss. Getting a PAL Wii isn't the best of plans in this situation due to the difference in AC outlet design and video format.

Anyway, this whole localization cost thing would probably explain why FE12 and AAI2 never came out of Japan...

Until they remove that region lock though(I doubt they will), the only solution is to learn japanese and get a JP console.
Looks like fan translators will always be busy.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Greetings and salutations, Earthlings :150:
Is this where the serve the finest Mountain Dew (?) here on SBoards?
This is where have such on-topic conversations as:
Tea vs. Piss water
Dank Memes
Coffee
Angst/General Edginess
AND SO MUCH MORE!

@ Eternal Yoshi Eternal Yoshi , honestly I might learn JP and get a good look at the place in large part due to the fact that they hire so many English teachers (my current "practical" goal is majoring in English and running with teaching unless something else catches my fancy/I become good with the making of teh vidjo game assets WHICH SOUNDS SO GREAT). But despite the fact, I could have played FE12 without significant issue if I could just buy it and play it on a US DS/3DS (Same might apply to fates but idunno the Japanese and that seems to be a more text heavy/operated game compared to just a FE3 remake). On top of that, there must be a good deal of pirated copies of Mystery of the Emblem that wouldn't have been if folks had access on their native console and didn't bother to discover the pirated ver. in the first place.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Welcome @ _gold_ _gold_ !
[obligatory whos ur waifu]
Mansta8, I don't mean to be overtly flattering to other geeks on the internet, but could there be a Vyse avatar of similar or equal badassery to your Mako one? plz, I never get the cool avatars around here. :/
@ mimgrim mimgrim , yeah. Still a shame he was fired for speaking the truth, but it's inevitable in business I do so suppose.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Mansta8, I don't mean to be overtly flattering to other geeks on the internet, but could there be a Vyse avatar of similar or equal badassery to your Mako one? plz, I never get the cool avatars around here. :/
idk, I'd check zerochan or pixiv.
On pixiv search for the Japanese name for the character if you can't find any with the english name. You'll get some more results that way.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
But that was pretty overzealous by Nintendo. He seemed pretty important, and he seemed blindsided, so why not save everyone the trouble and tell him to not do this anymore?
Cause that isn't how business works?

You don't simply talk about the inner workings of a company you work without the expressed permission from the heads and not get seriously reprimanded in the process. And in this case the reprimand was getting sacked.

Das life. Even the tiniest mistake can result in being fired from a company, and this mistake wasn't exactly small (even if it didn't cause any big problems, it easily could have).

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
anyone have any tea tips & tricks they wanna share

like how do i make green tea not boring
or if honey is worth using over sugar

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Pretty sure Goku could have killed Cell as he was...especially before he gave Cell the goddamn Senzu Bean that made him stronger. Yes yes, Gohan was stronger, but that was after he got pissed off, not before. If it weren't for him and his bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing over 16, you would have never seen that kinda power in Gohan.

I just don't understand to this day why Toriyama mapped that fight out the way he did. Sure, I could concoct a buncha **** about the up-and-coming generation, the new guard overtaking the old, Gohan actually being the real powerhouse (I guess?), yada yada, but...it was just so poorly handled.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Pretty sure Goku could have killed Cell as he was...especially before he gave Cell the goddamn Senzu Bean that made him stronger. Yes yes, Gohan was stronger, but that was after he got pissed off, not before. If it weren't for him and his bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing over 16, you would have never seen that kinda power in Gohan.

Smooth Criminal
Gohan was stronger before his ss2 transformation lol, and rage in general allows saiyans to tap into more power (minus vegeta cause he's always mad kek)

Gohan has always had more power than Goku (even as a child, he was the only one able to crack Raditz's armor with a headbutt when Goku and Piccolo were barely scratching him) up until the Buu arc where he stopped training and got weaker

Iirc it's cause Gohan was supposed to become the main character during the end of the cell games and afterwards but Toriama decdied not to go that way

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I had hoped that in the time I was away, that there would be an announcement on 4.0 and redacted.

I am disappointed.

I came from brawl dawg your not alone. I play both smash 4 and PM though and researching games in the meantime. Also this thread is way too enjoyable.
You going to Paragon? We should get together, get a beer, and just shoot the breeze on fighting games.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Gohan was stronger before his ss2 transformation lol, and rage in general allows saiyans to tap into more power (minus vegeta cause he's always mad kek)
Pretty sure that's a trait for the hybrids, not the full-blooded saiya-jins. Rage is a component for triggering SSJ though, so idk. And it wasn't implicitly stated that Gohan was stronger prior to super bawwwwwwww mode 2. Goku was waiting for that power to be dragged out mid-fight, because up until 16 got done in, Gohan wasn't doing so hot.

Gohan has always had more power than Goku (even as a child, he was the only one able to crack Raditz's armor with a headbutt when Goku and Piccolo were barely scratching him) up until the Buu arc where he stopped training and got weaker
Again, that's only when he's pushed to the limits/gets really wangsty.

Iirc it's cause Gohan was supposed to become the main character during the end of the cell games and afterwards but Toriama decdied not to go that way
Yeah, I remember reading about that somewhere, too. Idk man, lol. I still like DBZ and all, but I will never understand that part of the arc. And I liked the Cell saga.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Thanks Buu saga.

EDIT: @ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades Paragon I'm unfortunately not going to Paragon no funds but I'm looking at The Big House with some local players and a few Robin players are gonna be there so that can be a maybe for me if I have funds in time and school ain't kicking my ass.

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
im on a mission to finish up my essays so i can go to mondays weekly and choclate milk money match

Top Bottom