• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
Speaking of which, what characters are actually fun to play in Sm4sh for all you guys?
Everybody but Olimar. King Dedede and Fox are probably my best. I'd like to get better with Greninja, Kirby and Wii Fit Trainer.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Speaking of which, what characters are actually fun to play in Sm4sh for all you guys?

I really enjoy playing aggro characters (aggro Fox, aggro Roy, aggro Falcon have been my most successful characters), but Sm4sh seems to punish aggro play from pretty much any characters. Is there anyone that's fun and fast like that, or should I just play Sheik or something?
Mario/Doc, Yoshi, Sheik, Ganon, Zamus, Pit/Edgy Pit, Marf/Laura Bailey, Kirby, Fax, Falco, Pikachu, Muh Capn Falcan, Villager, Miss Fit, Mega Man, Sonic, Roy and Mii Brawler and Mii Gunner are all the characters I can say I enjoy playing as the absolute most, even when just messing around.

To cut it short, Mii Brawler, Lucina, Sonic, Falcon and Mario tend to be my "go to" characters.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

I really enjoy playing aggro characters (aggro Fox, aggro Roy, aggro Falcon have been my most successful characters), but Sm4sh seems to punish aggro play from pretty much any characters. Is there anyone that's fun and fast like that, or should I just play Sheik or something?
pick a top tier

aka play sheik

she can dash/run cancel into normals

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Speaking of which, what characters are actually fun to play in Sm4sh for all you guys.
Haven't really found one yet. I've found a few characters who started out being kinda fun but I ended up getting bored of them, most of them rather quickly.

But maybe the new patch will increase the enjoyability of a character for me I just need to get off my lazy ass and download it one of these nights at midnight.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Huh. Well, one thing is for sure. Sm4sh's Level 9's are suddenly a lot easier for me to deal with after clearing all of those Event Matches.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The most striking thing about playing 3s is realizing how little it has to do with combos. Big combos really only happen on the edge. Anything past 2 or 3 hits is a string.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Realize that your money is tight AF and you rather spend it on food, games, school or traveling. Also the game is kinda butt fun but hella dumb. I've been through that phase with Yugioh alot for several years in physical form and still play on DN every once in a while but I don't touch the cards anymore and sold almost all my competitive decks and cards like 2 years ago.

Hope you enjoy that hell.

Also I watched all of Black Butler Season 1 on Blu Ray DVD IDK if I should be mad at your gifs or not?
You should be aroused and amazed by my gifs Genie lol.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
A premium member can Prank a user for an entire month, where their name turns pink and their title turns to "Pranked!" if they didn't have a custom title active, as you can see.
I already knew that ya nerd. Just tell me which nerd did this so I know who to look for at Paragon.
Pink is a strong colour.
It's strong but not really strong.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
The Project M Dev Team couldn't have stepped in any sooner. Sakurai was beginning to lose his touch. The only thing I would point out is some of the stages aren't fully complete. Like if you pause and move the screen backwards, the front of the stage you aren't supposed to see is all black.

Bleck

Smash Master
The most striking thing about playing 3s is realizing how little it has to do with combos. Big combos really only happen on the edge. Anything past 2 or 3 hits is a string.
3s more like "most fighting games"

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
sounds like a cultural difference.
Yes oppressive work cultures are common in Japan, but something about Konami's specific example seems a little more extreme, especially considering the fact that Nikkei actually did a report on this. If this was the norm, then Nikkei wouldn't have made a report on it at all.

BTW these claims aren't new, but the fact that this is like the 3rd time these claims were made(The second being the report video SuperBunnyHop did) strengthens them.

Edit: Jeez reports of what Konami's been doing to their employees have started way back since 2012.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
even if Konami's treatment of its employees was a normal Japanese thing, which it does not seem to be, that still doesn't make it beyond reproach

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I'm gonna start lowkey saving up for a controller so I can stop asking zman and s0ftie
or I might just spend that money on choclate milk at the venue idk

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I'm gonna start lowkey saving up for a controller so I can stop asking zman and s0ftie
Chocolate milk is a one-time, a controller is forever

Chocolate milk > a controller though

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I can just give you one lol

I have like 15. what color shells do you want?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The only thing I would point out is some of the stages aren't fully complete. Like if you pause and move the screen backwards, the front of the stage you aren't supposed to see is all black.
That's just a reality of optimizing a stage to prevent lag for team matches.

Think of it like this: would you rather the stage we play on be as pretty as possible without lagging, or make the stage uglier just so that the unseen parts are fully modeled? The former obviously.

Top Bottom