• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Poilu

Smash Cadet
Oh, I remember.

So A Game of Thrones wasn't that bad on it. But I'm reading A Clash of Kings and I'm only like, 200 pages in and I think there have already been ~3 escapades

aka me sitting down and people too friendly and are like "Whatcha reading~?"
>look up
>wave front cover at them
>get badly disguised weird look
>end conversation as quickly as possible
>read

Edit - GoT TV show stop having a reputation :l

> I'm currently reading "A storm of swords" so we are pretty close =p

So far, I've only been distrurbed once. By a random female in the bus who talled me how great the books were and once you get into it, how hard it is to close the book to do something else.

The second season of GoT ignored many things that happened in A Clash of Kings while the first one followed perfectly A Game of Thrones imo. Making the first season better than the second.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
> I'm currently reading "A storm of swords" so we are pretty close =p

So far, I've only been distrurbed once. By a random female in the bus who talled me how great the books were and once you get into it, how hard it is to close the book to do something else.

The second season of GoT ignored many things that happened in A Clash of Kings while the first one followed perfectly A Game of Thrones imo. Making the first season better than the second.
when will i get to watch the anime tho
or should i just read the manga

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Since it seems everyone and their mother is posting selfies, guess I'll do the same. Note though, I forgot to shave in this photo.

1397499_10151960316924875_1006346028_o.jpg

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Why am I pranked? Who did this? Do I get a name change use at least?
A premium member can Prank a user for an entire month, where their name turns pink and their title turns to "Pranked!" if they didn't have a custom title active, as you can see.

Sadly, you don't get a name change.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I got a Wii U and Sm4sh last Friday. I haven't played Sm4sh since I owned the 3DS version awhile back.

I've always kinda questioned in my head if Sakurai really knew what "fun" meant in games.

After just finishing all of the Event Matches for this game, I've come to the conclusion that the answer is "no".

There are so many things I want to like about this game, but for ****'s sake, why the hell is everything about this game so damn IRRITATING? I swear, I often feel like I'm fighting the game's physics and nonsensical random factors more so than the characters themselves half of the time.

And the other half of the time, I'm fighting Rosalina. That or Lucario. Seriously, "Rage Effect' was it? I don't see how people could ever complain about PM Lucario when Sm4sh Lucario exists.

But...Ugh. I just completed all of the Event Matches for the first time, all on Hard even, and didn't even get jack **** for it. I feel like I wasted my time just pissing myself off. It didn't even feel rewarding at the end. It was just "Good god, that bull**** is finally over".

I miss PM. >>'

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
"this game has weird physics, I'm gonna go back to the one where I can abruptly move in any direction in the air for no reason"

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I can certainly understand your contentment with the game (and the vast majority of the issues you can have with it). Not trying to justify or create a drift in sides, but I personally love both of the games enough to where it's hard to say which one over the other.

(Though I can say that I kind of prefer the 3DS version of Smash 4.)

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I can certainly understand your contentment with the game (and the vast majority of the issues you can have with it). Not trying to justify or create a drift in sides, but I personally love both of the games enough to where it's hard to say which one over the other.

I tried to enjoy Sm4sh a good bit. I got it soon after release on the 3DS. But I just ended up not really being able to play it. I haven't even unlocked all of the characters. The controls felt strange and awkward on the 3DS and hurt my thumb after only a short amount of time playing. I couldn't really have much fun with the classic mode, which felt more frustrating than anything else most of the time with all of the items and such. The physics felt sluggish and unintuitive, with speed not carrying over from ground to air and things like that. Hits lacked power, combos besides simple utilt juggles felt rare, and I just felt like I had less control over the game in general.

I really just couldn't do it. That said, hopefully I'll be getting a WiiU soon, and once I do that, I'll probably give Smash 4 another chance.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Funny enough Lib, I've been feeling like I prefer the 3DS version of Sm4sh too. That's why I plan on getting it again when I get a New 3DS at the end of the week. From Classic Mode to the stages to Smash Run being on there, I definitely preferred that version.

Anyway. I'm really just hella salty and Sm4sh U. It's not a terrible game just because I disagree with a lot of it's design choices, even if I act like it is while I'm raging at it during play against the CPU. XD There are things I'm iffy about in PM as well, I just happen to enjoy it more overall since I can control the characters just the way I feel they should be controlled in Smash. Too bad Mii Brawler isn't in PM.

But yeah. I don't think Sm4sh is terrible. I just get really annoyed with it. It's a fine and fantastic game. I just like PM more. 3DS Sm4sh is pretty close to PM for me, though. :3

Also, hi. Seeing you in a topic always makes me happy. :D

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@Helsong is this the type of thing you have some knowledge in?

Could I make a program that uses info from their product search and puts it into a spreadsheet, or is that only for other websites to use for referrals and stuff.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
@Helsong is this the type of thing you have some knowledge in?

Could I make a program that uses info from their product search and puts it into a spreadsheet, or is that only for other websites to use for referrals and stuff.
Unless their API lies and/or is horrible, you should be able to do that.

It says it supports xml/json response format, which means it'll be pretty readable. It probably won't give you a nice clean spreadsheet right off the bat, but xml and json are pretty standard formats that should be fairly easy to shove into a spreadsheet yourself using something or other.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
"this game has weird physics, I'm gonna go back to the one where I can abruptly move in any direction in the air for no reason"
why would I play a game where I can't take sadistic pleasure in removing the interactive elements with ICs chain grab infinites

Bleck

Smash Master
Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Dude ICs infinite are like one of two ways to make Brawl tolerable.

Okay, maybe three, Falcoswag and Meat Knight are both hella fun.
Speaking of which, what characters are actually fun to play in Sm4sh for all you guys?

I really enjoy playing aggro characters (aggro Fox, aggro Roy, aggro Falcon have been my most successful characters), but Sm4sh seems to punish aggro play from pretty much any characters. Is there anyone that's fun and fast like that, or should I just play Sheik or something?

steamymartini

Smash Rookie
Yo guys! I'm starting my own project m tourney in September. Guys got any advice on how to go about this? Should I do pm 3.5 or beta 3.6

D

Deleted member

Yo guys! I'm starting my own project m tourney in September. Guys got any advice on how to go about this? Should I do pm 3.5 or beta 3.6
I'd suggest going to the Tournament Discussion sub forum and I would use the 3.6 build for all of your setups at said tournament.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Speaking of which, what characters are actually fun to play in Sm4sh for all you guys?

I really enjoy playing aggro characters (aggro Fox, aggro Roy, aggro Falcon have been my most successful characters), but Sm4sh seems to punish aggro play from pretty much any characters. Is there anyone that's fun and fast like that, or should I just play Sheik or something?
Greninja is literally my favorite character in a fighting game. I sincerely recommend playing him.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Unless their API lies and/or is horrible, you should be able to do that.

It says it supports xml/json response format, which means it'll be pretty readable. It probably won't give you a nice clean spreadsheet right off the bat, but xml and json are pretty standard formats that should be fairly easy to shove into a spreadsheet yourself using something or other.
Sweet, now just to convince them I deserve beta keys.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.

Try pushing the envelope by actually using all the tools that Lil Mac DOES have instead of pretending his dash attack can OHKO everyone. It's challenging and centralized a bit on his DTilt but you can play a hella tight ground game, with nice movement, low-commit pokes and utter ferocity when people are cornered. Just remember to not go offstage for your edgeguards, ever. Mac has the most polarized air/ground game I've ever seen, which is sad considering how good his SHFF stats are ):

Of course my version of aggro always involves spacing and forcing people into giving up ground/positional advantage, which some people call camping, so I guess it depends on what you mean by aggro. You won't find a PM Wolf to play in Smash 4, i.m.o

Top Bottom