• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
rofl modok

this character is hilarious

if marvel was balanced a little better I would love this game to death
I mean can you really complain about "if marvel was balanced better" when nearly all the cheese is gone from the bracket and we have a hulk getting 3rd at worst (I swore he played firebrand in quarters but shhhh)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
like idk here

sethlon's anger here is pretty clearly tangibly related to the fact that prof is a noticeably long-term cockend to the point of a suddenly negative response from an otherwise calmed individual, and trying to twist that as "he's REALLY MAD AT BALANCE CHANGES" has a mighty questionable tinge to it, especially when you then proceed that with talking about balance changes you hate

I mean that post didn't seem like it had that at first, except now you've made the direct comparison to those feelings so ????????????? ??? ? ?? ? ?
LOOOL
You know the only thing I've ever really said to Sethlon are
'I dont think Roy needs to be buffed'
'Are you going Paragon?'
'PJSalt #Gitgud'

Sethlon is free to be salty and pretend that I have been a **** to him in a past.

I'm a troll <3, I know when I've been trolling someone, I can honestly say besides my reddit comment, I haven't said anything troll-like/ negative to him in the past

as much as i like where roy is now as a character, im kinda with sethlon on this one- watching your character get meaningfully nerfed hurts as much as you put time into it. prof is also not exactly the best person to argue with since he doesnt mind making in personal and is the king of removing intellectual exchange from a debate.
:dazwa: I'm a king? :dazwa:

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Psionic blaster
myeah hahah

I mean can you really complain about "if marvel was balanced better" when nearly all the cheese is gone from the bracket and we have a hulk getting 3rd at worst (I swore he played firebrand in quarters but shhhh)
yeah but this is a rare exception

there was a moridoom in top eight, a zero in top eight, and nearly all but two teams had one of either virgil, dante, doom, or a combination of the three

and this is extremely rare for marvel

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Otaku Cafe?? what's that?
It's a gaming arcade here in San Antonio where we have out Project M biweeklies (Tuesdays) and monthlies and Smash 4 weeklies (Thursdays) and monthlies. Pretty cool place that pretty much let's us Smashers play for free up in their arcade during Smash tourneys (venue gets waived for full set-up and venue goes towards the Smash tourney along with the entrance fee, so they basically don't make any profit from it as they want to support the Smash scene). Melee happens at a place called Ultra Arcade on Sundays.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
double post incoming

I'm sitting here on my lunch break more salty than you could possibly imagine
Yeah, Plup made Leffen look pretty free on Yoshi's. Surprised that Leffen didn't ban Yoshi considering how badly Plup bopped him at Paragon.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
At this rate I'll be watching Fukkatsu no F in either unsubbed Japanese or English dubbed Spanish

Which one should I do

Edit: Scratch that I can't find anything other than the spanish one for some reason

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
there's very few truly bad characters in marvel, just bad team setups for those characters

naturally, you get more and more niche the lower down the list you go, but good synergy trumps all, and hulk/haggar with sentinel missiles are legit

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
according to my twitter feed it means marvel is dead lol
mahvel is livin now that none of the 3 gods won evo

also kinda bummed that mahvel had less viewers than melee finals, it was way more deserving of more views

actually even though melee broke the evo concurrent viewer record or something, it felt wrong because all of the top 8 matches were just so weird

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
mahvel is livin now that none of the 3 gods won evo

also kinda bummed that mahvel had less viewers than melee finals, it was way more deserving of more views

actually even though melee broke the evo concurrent viewer record or something, it felt wrong because all of the top 8 matches were just so weird
i won't lie, yesterday and smash 4 were more interesting :/

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Wait! MAHVEL is still going? Is it hype or is it just Vergil Random Random?
it was kane blueriver (hulk/hagger/sentinel) vs rayray (magneto/doom/sentinel)

so, y'know, you were close, just replace vergil with sentinel

kind of reminiscent of marvel 2 if you think about it

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I like how mag/doom/sent is basically the same it would've been in mvc2 despite so many character changes

there's the quick-flowing rushdown character, the all-encompassing support character, and the niche assist to top it all off

Top Bottom