• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I like how mag/doom/sent is basically the same it would've been in mvc2 despite so many character changes

there's the quick-flowing rushdown character, the all-encompassing support character, and the niche assist to top it all off
afaik rayray is one of the only ones that keeps it looking solid and consistent too

but big bodies was destined to win this year with kane in winners' side

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Plup vs Leffen, Axe vs Leffen, and PPMD vs Armada were all good matches I felt. Just most of Hbox's matches weren't really that exciting :/
plup vs leffen was good because plup is a samus god and i love him

armada 3-0'd pp and axe vs leffen was tech flub city which was semi-interesting i suppose

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i always forget deezie works for capcom now.

to think he was the guy who kickstarted most of the competitive melee scene...

#nostalgia

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Man, I know I'm not part of the SF scene, but I love whenever Ono comes on stage. He just exudes positivity and passion for SF, you know he really cares for the scene and the game.

Kinda makes me a bit jealous of SF fans.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
real talk

why do sf4 commentators feel free to say that someone is sponsored by r/kappa and even have a logo

while toph/scar tried to say that chudat was sponsored by mortality and then just call melee hell mh lmao

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
holy **** seriously!? I'm gonna need a link to that when I get home
Oh yeah, to add to it, Plup spilled beer on his controller the previous night and ruined his controller. He got really negative and even said he wanted to forfeit. He choked hard the next day and got destroyed by PPMD, and then posted before his match with Leffen

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man, I know I'm not part of the SF scene, but I love whenever Ono comes on stage. He just exudes positivity and passion for SF, you know he really cares for the scene and the game.

Kinda makes me a bit jealous of SF fans.
Replace Capcom fans with fans of any FG and developers and boom there you go. Harada hangs out with tekken players at events and Daisuke as well and Ed Boon loves watching tournament play for NRS games. Makes you feel hella jealous.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Replace Capcom fans with fans of any FG and developers and boom there you go. Harada hangs out with tekken players at events and Daisuke as well and Ed Boon loves watching tournament play for NRS games. Makes you feel hella jealous.
PM has strong bad senpai

and smash4 has sakurai who took a photo or two with top players

and melee has...

sakurai's cat

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What have I missed? Seems like melee and marvel was actually interesting?
Melee was becoming interesting, Leffen and Mango got knocked out by Plup and HBox. Things were really looking up, it really looked like 20XX may be pushed back another year. Then Armada came in and crushed that by beating HBox with Fox.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
this sfiv stuff is just getting silly.

i mean, character counterpicks? what game is this? you guys are just supposed to stick to your one character through thick and thin, don't break the rules.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yeah, Abel's my favorite ever since I started watching ToolAssisted.
I love his fighting style aesthetically, it looks really brutal.
Wish Infiltration woulda won.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wow, I'm so sad about evo. PPMD is still the #1 player. I hope he meant it when he said he is getting out of his slump.

I guess I have to watch the VODs and watch everyone get destroyed by one of my least favorite smashers. Then watch him get beaten by the sweeds.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Melee was becoming interesting, Leffen and Mango got knocked out by Plup and HBox. Things were really looking up, it really looked like 20XX may be pushed back another year. Then Armada came in and crushed that by beating HBox with Fox.
That broke Melee's evo for me personally. I was at my friends house playing CvSNK2 with gamecube controllers (Really, if you guys know of a stick/adapter combo that will help me get off this controller for my input fighters do tell), and we rooted for plup all the way through the Leffen fight. As soon as people took the 20XX easy way out, we just didn't care. (HBox didn't go fox, but jiggs in these matchups is equally disappointing).

CORY

wut
BRoomer
WHAT IS GOING ON IN STREET FIGHTER!? TIMER SCAMMING THE TIMER SCAMMER, BUT THEN REVERSE TIMER SCAMMING THE REVERSE TIMER SCAMMER!? I CAN'T HANDLE THIS MADNESS!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That broke Melee's evo for me personally. I was at my friends house playing CvSNK2 with gamecube controllers (Really, if you guys know of a stick/adapter combo that will help me get off this controller for my input fighters do tell), and we rooted for plup all the way through the Leffen fight. As soon as people took the 20XX easy way out, we just didn't care. (HBox didn't go fox, but jiggs in these matchups is equally disappointing).
Melee's Top 8 pretty much solidified my views on the game.

Top Bottom