• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
shoutouts to razer for causing the ultramassive black spot on the greatest top 8 in all of fighting games history

momentum got sucked dry like a sponge, yeesh

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
The guy who does the PM Better Know a Matchup threads on reddit quit because he stopped liking PM and wants to focus on Melee
1. I liked those
2. The last statement is making me irrationally angry for like 1 in the morning for some reason

Edit: **** mobile

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
honestly momochi and gamerbee looked genuinely kind of confused still, even at the award ceremony. the feeling after still has a massively stark contrast to everything that came before then

you can kind of blame the creators of the stick malfunctioning in general, but at the same time, how did the stick malfunction? for all we know, it was a human error more than a production issue. nobody's truly at fault for this, which is a problem because it was such a big deal that you'd desperately want to make sure it never happens again

one of the most important wins in all of street fighter is permanently tainted, and there's not much anyone can do about it. this is just a miserable scenario to think through tbqh

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Since quitting FFXIV and focusing on PM I feel like I have a lot more time to get back into drawing-- and I don't feel limited on my time as well, since I don't have to do my FFXIV chores anymore. So I can put as much work as I want into it... yay~
I'm glad I can enjoy it again, it improves my mindset a lot.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Since quitting FFXIV and focusing on PM I feel like I have a lot more time to get back into drawing-- and I don't feel limited on my time as well, since I don't have to do my FFXIV chores anymore. So I can put as much work as I want into it... yay~
I'm glad I can enjoy it again, it improves my mindset a lot.
I'm glad to hear that. Good for you. :D

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm back from a EVO viewing party and man EVO was hype this year outside of that ending with USF4. All that momentum potentially lost and I really wanted Gamerbee to win and I was mad watching that situation happen but that's not a good look for Razer as a stick manufacturer now.

EDIT: In other news someone stole Neo's money from his Marvel shirts and his winnings from placing in top 8 in Marvel and medal and dumped his bag in the bathroom really scummy stuff. Someone also store a Vita from Atlas 2 days ago which had dev kit stuff on it as well :( .

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I'm back from a EVO viewing party and man EVO was hype this year outside of that ending with USF4. All that momentum potentially lost and I really wanted Gamerbee to win and I was mad watching that situation happen but that's not a good look for Razer as a stick manufacturer now.
but who's going to sponsor xian then

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
tfw your dad loves you and you spend an hour talking to him about life

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The guy who does the PM Better Know a Matchup threads on reddit quit because he stopped liking PM and wants to focus on Melee
1. I liked those
2. The last statement is making me irrationally angry for like 1 in the morning for some reason

Edit: **** mobile
Where was/is this? nvm found it

Last edited:

NWRL

Smash Ace
The crowd booing Hbox was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from the Smash community, they should be ashamed.

I felt that Mango throwing his medal out into the crowd was disrespectful but people are saying that it's for the fans so it's not really a huge deal.

EVO was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully next year is just as awesome.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
The crowd booing Hbox was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from the Smash community, they should be ashamed.

I felt that Mango throwing his medal out into the crowd was disrespectful but people are saying that it's for the fans so it's not really a huge deal.

EVO was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully next year is just as awesome.
it's funny you mention the crowd booing hbox because they did the same thing to dabuz and part of me feels guilty for hating on dabuz for playing to win in the way that he does, even if it makes smash 4 a grueling game to watch sometimes

even though in the fgc timeouts are legitimate options/strategies

hbox doesn't get that liberty for some reason because melee changed the ruleset in i don't even remember the year and it's stayed the same since

so whenever a puff or floaty goes for a timeout people all boo and whine because it takes 8 minutes, but they forget that it's a viable strategy that involves 8 minutes of someone's time to create a lead and then fade away without getting destroyed, and the reason that doesn't work right now is because of being able to tack on damage for fox lasers

tbh if it wasn't for fox lasers people would have to actually conventionalize the puff matchup for all of the top tiers; it's hard for falco to do the same things fox can do to puff, and because of that, if fox didn't exist, puff would be a much more intimidating character to play against and hbox would have much crazier results

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
tfw your dad loves you and you spend an hour talking to him about life
tfw you wake up having a pretty major panic attack and last night you said that you would help your dad with some yard work and he mistakes the panic attack for being lazy and beats you with a shoe until your panic attack has developed into something that looks frighteningly similar to a seizure which makes him panic and call an ambulance. then after all that he makes you do all the work by yourself as punishment for what you have done. and its 107 degrees outside.

how have yalls days been?

Bleck

Smash Master
smash community bans items and stage hazards

complains that people can stall

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
tfw you wake up having a pretty major panic attack and last night you said that you would help your dad with some yard work and he mistakes the panic attack for being lazy and beats you with a shoe until your panic attack has developed into something that looks frighteningly similar to a seizure which makes him panic and call an ambulance. then after all that he makes you do all the work by yourself as punishment for what you have done. and its 107 degrees outside.

how have yalls days been?
There's no words.

Edit:
it amazes me real esports sponsors are willing to support us manchildren sometimes
https://twitter.com/MrBitterTV/status/622828452853366785

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
is anything actually ****ing happening, or
yeah, the craziest **** just happened.

FLORIDA FLORIDA FLORIDA

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
So, as it turns out, you can successfully redesign a character who is one of the defining faces of a hugely competitive fighting game, emphasizing his strengths and strengthening his identity and uniqueness, while still making huge, sweeping changes to his kit.

Fox next, please.

EDIT: holy crap, small world moment. I used to practice Starcraft: Brood War with MrBitter

Last edited:
Top Bottom