• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I played in both the first test and 2nd test today and it was fun but the roller is pretty good lol easily the best ATM. The worst I say is the charger cannon.

Bleck

Smash Master
everyone keeps saying the roller is the best, but I was playing with people who understood that you can shoot people who have it

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Southeastern Missouri, while mostly covered with boring precipitated sendimentary rocks (**** dolostone), has a little mountain prominence of precambrian felsic igneous rocks (the st. francois mountains), mainly layered rhyolite and ignimbrite deposits on top of granite, with various granite and more mafic intrustions

also there's a few interesting saprolite layers and a bunch of pretty chert scattered around
yo

F*** DOLOSTONE

So what can you do with this information?

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
yo

F*** DOLOSTONE

So what can you do with this information?
being an undergrad (only a freshman lmao), this trip was more just a case study to help understand stuff I learned in class and to get field experience

what I can do with this information is probably be able to better identify other things in the field. actually, the most useful thing I learned was probably what ignimbrite and other pyroclastic flow related stuff looks like

like the area is mostly "solved" anyway, there's tons of papers on the region

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Roller overrated.
It's going to be just like any most other FPS games.
Assault Rifles / SMGs are going to be the only competitively viable weapon class. The shotgun analogue (rollers) and sniper analogue are, as always, decidedly underpowered, but due to their qualitative nature of feeling powerful (rather than actually getting good players consistently high kills vs also good players), they are doomed to be bad.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Roller overrated.
Assault Rifles / SMGs are going to be the only competitively viable weapon class. The shotgun analogue (rollers) and sniper analogue are, as always, decidedly underpowered, but due to their qualitative nature of feeling powerful (rather than actually getting good players consistently high kills vs also good players), they are doomed to be bad.
tf2 tho

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Everyone's sitting here deciding the meta with standard weapons, no custom gear, and only having played a maximum of 2 hours. Quick charge for snipers or an actual scope will make them great, damage up will make rollers actual shotguns. Too early to judge it, man.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I think this is about @Old Man Grey

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
One of the very few pleasant exceptions :D
Fun fun arcade!
There's like no automatic weapons either. Needle gun, Sniper's MP, if we're not counting Heavy's spin-up time high CoF 4 pellets per shot minigun (like automatic shotgun).
I mean you could argue that explosive projectiles are dominant in the tf2 meta (rockets and stickies) because they offer more movement options with a much higher damage output than a scout but that's really only in 6v6 and ehhh you still have medics and scouts that are in there too

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Ever since playing PM I've been more into a competitive "mindset" lately

For example, I tried to come up with a tier list for the Gamecube Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy game, not that it's accurate since I didn't go too deeply.

"The year is 20BooBoo, everyone plays Boogey to TAS levels of perfection. Despite this, he has yet to actually scare anyone."

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
If you think roller is bad you suck at positioning yourself

I'll just be laughing once the paintbrush comes out

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
For example, I tried to come up with a tier list for the Gamecube Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy game, not that it's accurate since I didn't go too deeply.

"The year is 20BooBoo, everyone plays Boogey to TAS levels of perfection. Despite this, he has yet to actually scare anyone."
skarr was objectively highest tier get out of here

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Roller overrated.
This would make sense if one of the goals of Turf War was actually to get the most kills. But the goal is to cover more area of the arena with paint than the other team and those specialized weapons are more efficient in doing that. All while the player has strong sneaking capabilities and special abilities that counter their weaknesses. So your prediction that the shotgun and sniper analogues will be bad in a squad has a flawed premise from the get go.

For Splat Zones your kill ratio will matter more since it gives you control of the area, and that is where the Splattershot Jr. will truly shine.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I felt that Boogey's power:reach ratio was greatest, but then again my Skarr experience has been lacking
Boogey ate hits though (and was outreached by the Nergals iirc, though they were both trash tier). Skarr had quick hits, excellent reach, ridiculous damage output and above average health/defense.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Boogey ate hits though (and was outreached by the Nergals iirc, though they were both trash tier). Skarr had quick hits, excellent reach, ridiculous damage output and above average health/defense.
I just played Viking, why is he allowed to take out people in three hits

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Found this in the Jojo subreddit.
Pretty much how it went down (sometimes.)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm playing it right now. Get on this squid stuff before one last time before the game drops

D

Deleted member

I actually forgot Japanese Anime Squid Game was coming out, my Wii U has been sitting in a duffel bag in my room for a couple of weeks.

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
I seriously dont understand why people think every nintendo game with multiplayer can be competitive, melee was an accident just saying

Helsong

Smash Ace
If it's a multiplayer game, people will try to make it competitive in some way, unless the design of a game is such that it is abhorrent to the competitive mentality.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I don't care what anyone says, pics like these will never fail to get a ton of laughs out of me.

lolraichu

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If it's a multiplayer game, people will try to make it competitive in some way, unless the design of a game is such that it is abhorrent to the competitive mentality.
I think Mario Kart clan wars prove this when that game is built to be as annoying as possible.

Top Bottom