• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
My coworkers asked me if I hated them because I'm very quiet compared to the rest of them. One of them joked I might shoot the place up.

For ****'s sake, I'll only speak if I have something meaningful and worthwhile to say. Anybody else feel like this sometimes? I'm not gonna BS small talk simply for the sake of it because it's boring as hell.
Story of my life bro. I used to get really ****ing angry at people who said things like this to me until I realized that it actually meant that they cared for what I had to say or were interested in me at the very least. That joke was kinda derogatory though, so I can't really blame you for getting mad over that. I'd probably respond by telling him he'd be the first to go or something.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I'm probably the only one that feels this way, but man, if the PMDT actually decide to add any more characters, I really, really hope that none would be Ridley.

Playable characters should be, y'know, characters, and not grotesque monsters with seemingly no personality, soulless eyes, and no varying expressions.

Ridley would be such a misfit to the rest of the cast who either display emotion, have personality, are charming, or are at least humanoid.
I feel like it would wreck the integrity of the roster in that regard.
I'm pretty damn biased since I want both Ridley and Goku Rajang, but I actually think that a ferocious monstrous entity would be great for Smash as a whole. Currently the most threatening playable character is Bowser, and fans likely have long since become numb to anything he does because he ends up being rather trivial in any Mario game he's in where he's not playable.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Bowser has never felt scary to me. He's just too amiable of a villain. Ridley at least has some menace to him, since he's an alien mind, still cunning and intelligent, and consistently a threatening foe to Samus. He'd make for a great villain addition, I think. Ganondorf is honestly the only villain in Smash worth a damn when it comes to evil.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
>be me
>never kissed a girl before
>girl puts her lips on mine
>i like food, i like seeing how things taste
>i instinctively try to stick my tongue in her mouth without thinking about it
>realize ive done wrong
>shes ok with it
>5 minutes pass
ta dahhh
well ive got twice as much PP as you in OSU! *cries in corner*

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Bowser has never felt scary to me. He's just too amiable of a villain. Ridley at least has some menace to him, since he's an alien mind, still cunning and intelligent, and consistently a threatening foe to Samus. He'd make for a great villain addition, I think. Ganondorf is honestly the only villain in Smash worth a damn when it comes to evil.
That's why I mentioned Bowser rather than Ganon, I meant more along the lines of sheer ferocity than evil. Like, Rajang in Smash would be absolutely brutal in every respect, and I think him and Ridley would be far more intimidating than the rest of the cast

Helsong

Smash Ace
That's why I mentioned Bowser rather than Ganon, I meant more along the lines of sheer ferocity than evil. Like, Rajang in Smash would be absolutely brutal in every respect, and I think him and Ridley would be far more intimidating than the rest of the cast
Ah, I see what you mean. Bowser can be very ferocious-his design evokes it. But his presentation has been softened considerably, so that ferocity just isn't..believable, I guess.
I've always wanted a more monstrous character in Smash, honestly.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Ah, I see what you mean. Bowser can be very ferocious-his design evokes it. But his presentation has been softened considerably, so that ferocity just isn't..believable, I guess.
I've always wanted a more monstrous character in Smash, honestly.

All we need to do is shrink him down a fair amount. AFAIK that's a normal-sized Rajang so perhaps a gold crown small would fit?

Edit: OMG the thumbnail alone

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
If you want to freely view abominations(supernatural or all too human) that are a sick mockery of all life doing horrible things because they can and/or because they enjoy doing so, go read Berserk, or something
Smash/any inherently-kid-friendly form of fiction does NOT need any of those.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
If you want to freely view abominations(supernatural or all too human) that are a sick mockery of all life doing horrible things because they can and/or because they enjoy doing so, go read Berserk, or something
Smash/any inherently-kid-friendly form of fiction does NOT need any of those.
I don't think Smash needs that either, nor did I see anyone asking for it.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Guys, how much protein supplements is too much? I want to buy another 10lbs of whey protein.

I think this is about @ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades
Weeb fighting games are dumb yo.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm a quarter japanese, but I'm not actually from Japan or even immersed in Japanese culture, so the whole weeb thing isn't that offending to me as it is to some of my more Japanese friends/relatives.

Like, my cousin(full japanese, born there, came to US at a young age) was visiting, and we were just sitting in my campus's dining hall. Some kid calls himself an otaku and the people sitting with him agree. My cousin overhears, turns around in her chair, and starts ranting at them about how dumb that is, how they have no idea what the hell they're talking about, how it's pathetic, etc. I had to calm her down, apologize to the kids, and pull her out of there. She loathes anything that could even remotely called "weeb". I can't imagine what she thought of her high school's anime club.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Attachments

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My cousin overhears, turns around in her chair, and starts ranting at them about how dumb that is, how they have no idea what the hell they're talking about, how it's pathetic, etc. I had to calm her down, apologize to the kids, and pull her out of there..
How could you do that? You cut in your cousin's big promo and ruined it. Sounds like she could've been the next Stone Cold of promos but you crushed it. Crushed it like the hopes and dreams of those same fanatic weeb teens.

Bazkip

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Welp. I've had to drop Kent. He's at like level 12 and only has a Spd of 8. Can't rely on that. Meanwhile Sain has like 15 Spd and 13 or 14 Str lol.

Might have to drop Erk, again, because his growths have been underwhelming so far. Level 10 with 10 Mag, which isn't too bad, but only 9 Spd (meanwhile Lucius at a lowed level of 8 with 11 Mag and 11 Spd, but I'll probably drop him again as well as I get further into the game because I can't not use Serra who ends up being being a little bit better them him when she promotes). Not sure on Canas yet this time around as I'm more forgiving towards him since he is the only Dark Magic user till endgame.

I'm also wanting to use Rebecca this time instead of Rath but her level ups so far haven't be too great, but she is still comparatively lower levels compared to my other character (but not to the point were it isn't easily fixable) at like level 5 or so I think.

I think I'm enjoying this game too much lol. Because after I finish this second playthrough (which is Lyn Hard > HNM, because HHM wasn't an option) I'm planning on going a third time for HHM. I haven't done this for any other FE game, at least not back to back like this.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
Bowser has never felt scary to me. He's just too amiable of a villain.
Well of course he's not scary, he's a Mario villain. No one on the cast is meant to be actually scary.
Ganondorf wasn't designed to be scary either, he's just a cool lookin' dude.

Ridley was designed to inspire fear, that much is evident and that's why he works well as a boss.
If Ridley were added, he would be the only character on the roster designed with horror in mind and to me, that's not some kind of refreshing contrast, he would just clash.

I think it would be a shame if the PMDT were to go through all the trouble of getting him to even work and look appropriate as the neutered version of himself he would assuredly have to be, just to add a thematically inappropriate "character"
Especially unfortunate when thinking the effort could have gone to less strenuous characters that have more character, and could potentially bring more to the table than just being a villain.

On the bright side of Ridley, his expressions certainly couldn't take much time or effort; I've only ever seen the one.
And if they need any extra voice clips for him, they can always scratch a chalkboard with a nail.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Characters like Diddy would be broken in Melee from how shallow the item game/engine is.

I never fully realized you couldn't Wavedash (/AD/AGT) catch at all, nor catch with A in the air. Only A on the ground or Z in the air apparently.

A similar oddity is you can use Z to tech in PM (because it counts as hard press) where you can't in Melee (counts as light press). This enables you in PM to try and wall tech without risking AD.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Characters like Diddy would be broken in Melee from how shallow the item game/engine is.

I never fully realized you couldn't Wavedash (/AD/AGT) catch at all, nor catch with A in the air. Only A on the ground or Z in the air apparently.

A similar oddity is you can use Z to tech in PM (because it counts as hard press) where you can't in Melee (counts as light press). This enables you in PM to try and wall tech without risking AD.
Whiff grab into tech saves my life more than it should

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm planning on going a third time for HHM. I haven't done this for any other FE game, at least not back to back like this.
It's still not too late to turn back. If you don't, remember the words at the entrance of Inferno: "Abandon all hope ye who enter".

Top Bottom