• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
What kind of adapter are you using? You should be able to with with most americans with less than 6 frames buffer, which is really barely any lag at all. But having the wrong adapter and using 652 instead of 5886 with exclusive fullscreen adds extra lag. I shaved about 6-7 frames lag switching over from a maflash 2 port on 652 to a Nintendo adapter on 5886
Is 5886 becoming more common place for netplay now? Because the main thing holding me back from really digging in is that I hated how far behind 652 is. The Mayflash 4-port/Official adapter are a night and day difference from the 2-port. Always thought my monitor was laggy when it wasn't.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just played a few rounds on netplay. i can't do falcon, marth, or fox on this lag. did some ****ty falco dittos though. still don't understand how anyone can stand the lag
it's pretty bad dude. i pretty much only go secondaries there.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It honestly doesn't look as bad as you're making it sound on my end. o_o

I started off just making it similar to how you have it now. Except not all pixelated and stuff.
That already looks 10 times better, and not just because it got rid of the blurriness but also because you can see a bit more of the bottom (in my current one it almost looks like the face is cut of some). But is it possible for you to show just a bit more of the bottom?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Wisconsin? How far is that from Louisiana? I'd netplay with ya, ping probs won't be very great but we can use 5886 for PM with my magical knowledge of making 5886 work with PM secretly while all the plebs use 652

What kind of adapter are you using? You should be able to with with most americans with less than 6 frames buffer, which is really barely any lag at all. But having the wrong adapter and using 652 instead of 5886 with exclusive fullscreen adds extra lag. I shaved about 6-7 frames lag switching over from a maflash 2 port on 652 to a Nintendo adapter on 5886
I'm using 652 with mayflash right now. I don't play in fullscreen at all

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That already looks 10 times better, and not just because it got rid of the blurriness but also because you can see a bit more of the bottom (in my current one it almost looks like the face is cut of some). But is it possible for you to show just a bit more of the bottom?

Not without cutting off the top, no.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
oh god I'm getting nerves about NWM7 already. I've never traveled into the states by car, and certainly not with two minors in tow. Riding their asses hard to get all kinds of documentation/consent forms and stuff from their parents, but i'm pretty paranoid

"hi don't worry about us just video games"

and what if the car breaks down?

oh noooooooooooooooooo

[hyperventilation intensifies]

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
(it's interesting but ehhh. Dash Jump -> Kick with arrow lady is a hilarious infinite on NPCs though).
To comment on this though.

You can loop plenty of moves in Elsword, Almost every monster/person will fall eventually thanks to the KD values adding up.
That's how the mechanics of the game are.

And that's good that you learned that.
It's great for grouping mobs together for big skills and a decent approach against certain characters.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
WHO MONSTER MUSUME HERE

MIIA BEST GIRL, FOLLOWED BE RACHNERA AND CENTOREA, EVERYONE ELSE PLEB TIER

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Huh. I'm sure someone in the thread will love this.
Anyway, has anyone seen the Mark Remark? I don't really follow wrestling but it's kinda funny.
One of the parts that had be ROFLing was when Martin mentioned Rikishi entering the WWE Hall of Fame and the "tasteful" montage of his past exploits.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm using 652 with mayflash right now. I don't play in fullscreen at all
That is why lag. What kind of mayflash? the two port has godawful lag. At one point I was dealing with about 8 frames lag using the twoport on 652.
Using exclusive fullscreen in 5886 displays directly to your monitor instead of going through window's display management first. Something like that. Basically it reduces lag to console levels. That, and the native compatibility with the Nintendo adapter than 5886 has means no extra lag from that either. If you're using a good monitor, you can get equal to or less than console lag offline. Then you'd just use netplay buffer to determine the number of frames of lag you are playing with. It had HBox's seal of approval- he said it might be even less laggy then console (which it can be).

@_odds you know anything about pluttergub?
Unsurprisingly I beat him 3-1 on netplay ranked. 4 frames buffer in 5886 so it was very responsive. Nearly offline quality. He was ranked number 3 on the ladder but I just stole his points so he's number 4 now I think. Just curious on how good a bowser he is.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
yea i'm using the two port lol. so best experience is use 5886 in exclusive fullscreen with official adapter?
Yes. Gamestops got in more adapters recently for pre-orders. A lot of people didn't pick up their pre-orders since the adapters came in super early. Check all your local gamestops ASAP so you can get one. It makes PM emulation (or melee) soooo good.
You may have noticed that things like control stick thresholds and dead zones are awkward to set-up and impossible to get right using dolphin. With 5886 and the Nintendo adapter it's done automatically, and it feels just like console.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I just saw gameplay of skullgirls for the first time

I need this ;-;

I will shower whoever buys it and the dlc for me with a ton of steam keys I have accumulated over the years ;-;
pls pms come through

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
yea i'm using the two port lol. so best experience is use 5886 in exclusive fullscreen with official adapter?
If you can't get a Nintendo adapter Mayflash's newer Wii U adapter is a good sub, it's also able to use Dolphin's native support with the official adapter (and they match in F-Zero GX calibration, the older Mayflash adapters are slightly off on their own). I've played on Dolphin with both adapters at one point or another and I didn't notice any difference, at the very least. The native support makes a world of difference compared to older adapters. As somebody who played a lot of Dolphin with older adapters, It's funny what you'll put up with when better options don't exist yet.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I just saw gameplay of skullgirls for the first time

I need this ;-;

I will shower whoever buys it and the dlc for me with a ton of steam keys I have accumulated over the years ;-;
pls pms come through
The DLC characters are free for the first three months after release. You should be able to get Beowulf on your own right now.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I want some Steam games right now, and I have enough money for them in my pocket, problem: money is in my pocket and not in my computer screen.
The games have been in my wishlist for months and I don't like going to stores because of social anxiety issues/laziness, wat do?

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
You people and your insatiable desire of Steam games and Steam Sales, I don't think I'll ever fully comprehend it.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
yo

SKULLGRILLLLLLLLL

Beo is litterally the most fun character. I jumped into some online vs a homie last night (the netplay is so good btw) and tried to learn some combos on the fly vs his fillia/eliza team. His throw game feels like I'm almost playing a smash character, I love being able to combo in and out of flexible grabs.

I have Kanji Chairs? HYPE. I get a command grab that is a dash forward>regular grab, so I have all my options? sick!. Whats that, I can combo into my chairless HP, which grabs them? And my crouching MK grabs them if it hits otg, so I can grab>pummels in the corner>c. lk>c. mp> throw ****? AMAZING. OH WAIT, MY FORWARD DASH PUTS ME AIRBORNE, AND MY STANDING LK HITS LOW? HELLO HIGH LOW MIXUPS (Dash>a. MK is like +17 on block, I love how easy labbing is in skullgrils). and on top of all of this I get two air grabs, can snap off a grab, AND WOLVERINE'S DRILL CLAW? AND A BIONIC ARM? best character. Now I just need to learn BnB and figure out how to play skull girls neutral, and get in on peacock somehow. I just need to learn how to play lol

More like Bae-o-wulf.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The DLC characters are free for the first three months after release. You should be able to get Beowulf on your own right now.
You cant unless you own it on steam already.

Also just having the dlc doesnt allow me to actually play the full game <_<

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You cant unless you own it on steam already.

Also just having the dlc doesnt allow me to actually play the full game <_<
If I wasn't saving for a better computer I'd totaly get it for you. Sucks, it was just on sale for 75% off like last monday too.

Once Robo Fortune drops, my Fortune/Beo/Robo team will be amazing

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
If I wasn't saving for a better computer I'd totaly get it for you. Sucks, it was just on sale for 75% off like last monday too.

Once Robo Fortune drops, my Fortune/Beo/Robo team will be amazing
Softie pls
I can more than make up the value in steam keys/ my humble bundle acc ;-;
Tbh tho, the only paid dlc I really want is big band, his lines are killer

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Softie pls
I can more than make up the value in steam keys/ my humble bundle acc ;-;
Tbh tho, the only paid dlc I really want is big band, his lines are killer
I'm pretty sure I have an extra dive kick

If my home Internet didn't just die I'd give that to you lol

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You people and your insatiable desire of Steam games and Steam Sales, I don't think I'll ever fully comprehend it.
I'm willing to teach people how to waste time on things that aren't video games aside from Smash.

Except for growing a love for CS/Math. I don't know how people do it.

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I really wish I could go to NWM but I've got work that night and I got screwed and stuck on graveyard for these few months, so my sleep schedule couldn't handle it. :(

Haven't been to NWMajors/Manifest in like three years. Maybe next year, at least.

Top Bottom