• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
All of our characters are getting touched. You must have repressed your memories of the 3.5 trauma. It is only happening again.
3.5 was pretty darn good to Ike, though. Everyone got ground into the dirt so that the Radiant Hero could stand atop their mangled corpses.
Which is to say, a lot of the weird and crazy got taken out so that Ike could actually do his stuff better. I liked 3.5 and thought it made for a better game overall.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
3.5 was pretty darn good to Ike, though. Everyone got ground into the dirt so that the Radiant Hero could stand atop their mangled corpses.
Which is to say, a lot of the weird and crazy got taken out so that Ike could actually do his stuff better. I liked 3.5 and thought it made for a better game overall.
Except he loses to Squirtle :troll:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Wait, they're changing Falco?
Oh wait, I hate Falco.

Meh. Just leave my Ikey-poo alone.
I got tired of the Fox/Falco balancing debate, but characters that are more niche and generally better designed (imo) like Ike and Ness make me go "wut."

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Why not just replace Lucario with Pichu already?
Brb, gettin a piece of paper to write down the current page we are on. Quoting this so I can do a before and aftermath comparison.
"Anime girls sneezing"

Do I even want to know?
I googled it. Just pictures of anime chicks having orgasms, because it is the same thing I guess.
-----------
Anyone who thinks Falco is OP in the current meta is smokin somethin strong.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hey sometimes you need pictures of Anime girls doing things, like eating hamburgers. or eating popsicles

Helsong

Smash Ace
Brb, gettin a piece of paper to write down the current page we are on. Quoting this so I can do a before and aftermath comparison.
Anyone who thinks Falco is OP in the current meta is smokin somethin strong.
Haha, go for it. I'm not really the kind of person to complain about changes in a video game unless they're really dumb and unnecessary. See: Anything that the devs of Warframe do.

And yeah, Falco isn't OP, imo. I just don't like him.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
See: Anything that the devs of Warframe do.
My friends play Warframe and like all of the optimization they've been doing. I am very sure that they like all the additions. I don't want to play because I already Smash and DOTA2 and have to beat Wind Waker and Super Metroid, so I don't know personally.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
"Anime girls sneezing"

Do I even want to know?
want me to teach you how to sneeze?

Free Sneezing Lessons y'all, just shoot me your home address and what time you want me to come by

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
My friends play Warframe and like all of the optimization they've been doing. I am very sure that they like all the additions. I don't want to play because I already Smash and DOTA2 and have to beat Wind Waker and Super Metroid, so I don't know personally.
I stopped playing after they routinely patched out any and all ways to make the grind less..grindy. Find a shortcut? patched. Find a good setup for a weapon? Nerfed to the ground. Don't know what it's like these days, and I'd like to get back into it, but....I don't want to sit through it again. It's not the additions and the optimizations, it's all the cool stuff they took out.

It's like how they removed K-style from Gunz when they went over to Gunz 2.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I stopped playing after they routinely patched out any and all ways to make the grind less..grindy. Find a shortcut? patched. Find a good setup for a weapon? Nerfed to the ground. Don't know what it's like these days, and I'd like to get back into it, but....I don't want to sit through it again. It's not the additions and the optimizations, it's all the cool stuff they took out.

It's like how they removed K-style from Gunz when they went over to Gunz 2.
Let me google what Gunz are.

Helsong

Smash Ace
It is Lucario the FPS.
Pretty good way to describe it. What was a decent shooter turned awesome when we found out you could cancel any animation by swinging your sword. It's like ASC on crack. But then hackers infested the game and it kinda went downhill.
And then they took K-Style out when they made the new one. It made me sad. It was kinda dumb, yes, but it utterly transformed the game into something majestic.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Hey sometimes you need pictures of Anime girls doing things, like eating hamburgers. or eating ice cream sandwiches
...Close enough, now behold~: (this is a little lewd, mind yoself)
39667045_p0.jpg
That cheeky, incredibly self-satisfied smile, hnnnngh-

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Pretty good way to describe it. What was a decent shooter turned awesome when we found out you could cancel any animation by swinging your sword. It's like ASC on crack. But then hackers infested the game and it kinda went downhill.
And then they took K-Style out when they made the new one. It made me sad. It was kinda dumb, yes, but it utterly transformed the game into something majestic.
Lmao, that's ham. Where can I get the game?

Helsong

Smash Ace
Lmao, that's ham. Where can I get the game?
It's been forever since I even looked at it. I think there are fan servers somewhere, but afaik it's entirely unsupported, and you're more than likely to just get a bunch of hackers. At least, that was my experience late in the life-cycle. Not worth it anymore, it's golden age is kinda dead. Gunz 2 has some depth to it from what I've seen, but K-Style is pretty much nerfed, so that's not quite a thing anymore. I'm not getting into it because I've got other games to play now.

It was super interesting seeing how it's modern metagame developed around K-Style, and then countering that, which usually mean outshooting, as going close range to combat K-Style was a bad idea(the usual setup for K-Style was Katana/Shotgun, meaning lots of close-range dps at insane rates, since you can cancel the reload animation). So you got E-Style(European-Style), which was using long range weapons with standard shooter tactics. And of course, everyone derided them for being casul scrubs because K-Stylers were usually giant elitists. There was D-Style, which used daggers, but I don't know much about that, beyond it apparently giving similar benefits to K-Style, but being easier to pick up. So, obviously, They got derided for being casul scrubs.
You're seeing the trend, I hope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom