• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Magus420

Smash Master
Holding to a side during the multihits to reposition yourself then SDI+DIing the last hit of Zelda's u-smash to the side prevents being able to follow up with another u-smash in any situation afaik, with dash grab, dash attack, and din's potentially reaching in time.

Also, with the exception of a small window I think on Wolf and maybe CF who are wider targets than the other FFers during KB, if you can't just hold left/right to normal DI+ASDI to the side to avoid another u-smash you can hold UP to be sent too high for a 2nd u-smash and force u-tilt or aerial instead to shorten the combo. While you can't really DI out in the middle of the move to my knowledge, ASDI on the multihits is strong enough to adjust the launch point significantly, and combined with ASDI on the last hit up you can go much higher than with no DI, unlike how no DI vs up DI on a vertical throw would have no difference.

Diddy can jump out of u-throw u-smash at 0 on no DI on the throw, and also DI up on u-smash to avoid another u-smash. Something like triple u-smash is possible if you DI to a side when you shouldn't have (kind of like extending a CG longer than it normally lasts by DIing it instead of going up), or tried to ASDI to the side then SDI+DI the last hit to the side and missed it.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Holding to a side during the multihits to reposition yourself then SDI+DIing the last hit of Zelda's u-smash to the side prevents being able to follow up with another u-smash in any situation afaik, with dash grab, dash attack, and din's potentially reaching in time. Also, with the exception of a small window I think on Wolf and maybe CF who are wider targets than the other FFers during KB, if you can't just normal DI to the side to avoid another u-smash you can hold UP to be sent too high for a 2nd u-smash and force u-tilt or aerial instead to shorten the combo. While you can't really DI out in the middle of the move to my knowledge, ASDI on the multihits is strong enough to adjust the launch point significantly, and combined with ASDI on the last hit up you can go much higher than with no DI, unlike how no DI vs up DI on a vertical throw would have no difference.

Diddy can jump out of u-throw u-smash at 0 on no DI on the throw, and also DI up on u-smash to avoid another u-smash. Something like triple u-smash is possible if you DI to a side when you shouldn't have (kind of like extending a CG longer than it normally lasts by DIing it instead of going up), or tried to ASDI to the side then SDI+DI the last hit to the side and missed it.
Based magus

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
maybe, haven't tested it much. I know I can SDI out if I get hit from below her hands easy, but SDIing out of upthrow upsmash is hard as balls.

When I get my TV tonight I'll put it on my list of things to test
With diddy, you just DI up/don't DI to avoid usmash chains. They only worked on junebug because he DI'd horizontally

Oh I got ninja'd like 20 mins ago oops

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Ganon should totally rush forward with a knee with a darkness effect for his Down-B lol.

Also SOOO many people use "who's" instead of "whose."

Also noticed that Strong Bad only gives me a one liner/post before not responding. I wonder if it's a PMDT thing.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Ganon should totally rush forward with a knee with a darkness effect for his Down-B lol.

Also SOOO many people use "who's" instead of "whose."

Also noticed that Strong Bad only gives me a one liner/post before not responding. I wonder if it's a PMDT thing.
Its just a you thing. SB DOESNT AGREE ME <3
I can never decide what I wanna call him

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Holding to a side during the multihits to reposition yourself then SDI+DIing the last hit of Zelda's u-smash to the side prevents being able to follow up with another u-smash in any situation afaik, with dash grab, dash attack, and din's potentially reaching in time.

Also, with the exception of a small window I think on Wolf and maybe CF who are wider targets than the other FFers during KB, if you can't just hold left/right to normal DI+ASDI to the side to avoid another u-smash you can hold UP to be sent too high for a 2nd u-smash and force u-tilt or aerial instead to shorten the combo. While you can't really DI out in the middle of the move to my knowledge, ASDI on the multihits is strong enough to adjust the launch point significantly, and combined with ASDI on the last hit up you can go much higher than with no DI, unlike how no DI vs up DI on a vertical throw would have no difference.

I dare someone to retype this but replace every single abbreviation with the words in full.

D

Deleted member

So, if I attend IaB this week (@ bec bec can i hav rid pls) I'm looking to do a dollar money match with the local top players.

Well, I'm a little hesitant about since I'm broke af, but I will have a confirmed $1 Bo3 with @ Strong Badam Strong Badam , if I attend.

you down adam :yeahboi:

B.W.

Smash Champion
I dare someone to retype this but replace every single abbreviation with the words in full.
Holding to a side during the multiple hits to reposition yourself then smash directional influence plus directional influencing the last hit of Zelda's up smash to the side prevents being able to follow up with another up smash in any situation as far as I know, with dash grab, dash attack, and Din's Fire potentially reaching in time.

Also, with the exception of a small window I think on Wolf and maybe Captain Falcon who are wider targets than the other fast fallers during knock back, if you can not just hold left/right to normal directional influence plus auto smash directional influence to the side to avoid another up smash you can hold UP to be sent too high for a second up smash and force up tilt or aerial instead to shorten the combo. While you can not really directional influence out in the middle of the move to my knowledge, auto smash directional influence on the multiple hits is strong enough to adjust the launch point significantly, and combined with auto smash directional influence on the last hit up you can go much higher than with no directional influence, unlike how no directional influence versus up directional influence on a vertical throw would have no difference.

Diddy can jump out of up throw up smash at zero on no directional influence on the throw, and also directional influence up on up smash to avoid another up smash. Something like triple up smash is possible if you directional influence to a side when you should not have (kind of like extending a chain grab longer than it normally lasts by directional influencing it instead of going up), or tried to auto smash directional influence to the side then smash directional influence plus directional influence the last hit to the side and missed it.

It actually becomes harder to read.

Bleck

Smash Master

remember when everyone tried to tell me that this game was accessible

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
@Mindset
Umbreon had a really good post you should check out.
My .02; Do not be afraid to win, do not hold back, accept your nerves take a deep breath and get past them, LEARN (learn from your misplays, your opponent's misplays, your own good plays and theirs as well) try to see events as a whole not the mistake but the scenario that created that whole exchange (sometimes mistakes are just a step away from crushingly effective strategies), stop getting frustrated (take a step back and remember why you play the game, let go of things you can't control, focus on those you can, and disallow self-perpetrating and self-perpetuating habits that sap the enjoyment and focus from the game. In other words understand what is making you frustrated likely stems wholly from yourself and the way you are approaching the game, ruining your own fun and performance), and focus on brining your worst days closer to your best, not on making yourself even more inconsistent.
Honestly though Umbreon covers most of this and more, check it out, as a side note I don't personally recommend the art of war because it's pretty much a book devoted to proverbs on common sense, Sirlin is okay, but take everything with a grain of salt (including my own grammer-less rambling). There are alot of resources available on YouTube and google as well, but reading up too much on it could just make things worse too haha.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I mean, even the simplest-at-its-face game looks unreasonably complex at its highest levels, that's why it's high level

brawl had guides on making sure you know how to properly survive every hit from every character, that's just a thing you need to pay attention to

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to high-level anything, as a side-note most things are pretty accessible at a base-level but for some reason the deeper you go the more complicated things get =p However optimization really makes a huge difference in games that come down to micro-interactions.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I don't have the energy right now to explain why that's a stupid thing to think

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
So, if I attend IaB this week (@ bec bec can i hav rid pls) I'm looking to do a dollar money match with the local top players.

Well, I'm a little hesitant about since I'm broke af, but I will have a confirmed $1 Bo3 with @ Strong Badam Strong Badam , if I attend.

you down adam :yeahboi:
will giv rid if poss

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You seem to be mistaking a high skill ceiling as inaccessibility. Accessibility has to do with the skill floor, the minimum skill needed to play the game competitively, which is fairly low in PM compared to other competitive fighters. Exploring options and learning counterplay, however, is often difficult and at times unintuitive, which makes the game continually rewarding and satisfying to improve at even at high level. This doesn't make the game less accessible, because you've already accessed the game by the time you want/need to learn that type of thing.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
"learning the ins and outs of the game is unintuitive and difficult and that's why it's accessible"

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Keep strawmanning for as long as you want. Let me know when you want to have a conversation and reply to what people have actually said.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
That's only on aerial Wiz Foot.
But yeah that's such a pain.

I'm still salty from that one time I came down on a Toon Link from above with Wiz Foot, got hit by his dair spike and died while he was unharmed.
**** that noise.
I once intercepted a Fox illusion by jumping into it from below to get him with the dair spike. **** was cash.

Bleck

Smash Master
let me know when you've stopped using strawman as a verb and maybe I'll consider giving a damn

Bazkip

Smash Master
So Source 2 finally got officially announced

I can't wait to play Half Life 2: Source 2 and Half Life: Source: Source 2

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I mean, even the simplest-at-its-face game looks unreasonably complex at its highest levels, that's why it's high level

brawl had guides on making sure you know how to properly survive every hit from every character, that's just a thing you need to pay attention to
I remember that but I'm a lonely nerd with lack of friends so lack of that is gonna do me lmao. If smash brothers can have a pause and record feature in training mode like EVERY OTHER FG OUT THERE then people can be nerds and practice this stuff by ourselves.

Top Bottom