• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MLGF

Smash Lord
Lol sm4sh players calling for arms.

The guys have literally done nothing for themselves (at least in my scene) and only now they're realizing that's a bad idea. Smooth

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
OH DAMN 14 NOTIFICATIONS, I BET ITS SOME SALTY USERS

View attachment 41028
well **** you too
Dont get my excited
Kailex pls

The guys have literally done nothing for themselves (at least in my scene) and only now they're realizing that's a bad idea. Smooth
I seriously doubt smash 4 will ever get significantly organized

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Well, it depends.Character boards vary between character, but I'm part of the Shulk group and a lot of effort was put into dissecting every quirk Shulk has from his attacks to the Monado Arts. I don't know about others, though I know the Robin and Lucina boards are (not surprisingly) cringe worthy. However, the actually general topics could use more work, and the more the DLC talk is ignored the better. I blame a combination of a noob boom causing few people to be savvy about the general metagame, and the mentality of extreme defense or extreme offense with no grey area. Not to mention the constant threats from the Melee elitist vocal minority discouraging some people.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

the more I see custom sets in ssb4, the more I dig the idea

a shame about the whole "nearly impossible to fully unlock due to horrible game design" bit though

MLGF

Smash Lord
Local scene, run tournaments for PM and sm4sh.
Get called out by sm4sh players for putting in more effort for project m and then make me seem like a jerk for it. They still always come back because they can't create the backbone to run events themselves lol, no one in sm4sh is stepping up.
Feels like there's no actual love for the game or it's scene. Only now they realize how flawed that is. PM stoped riding on melee, so do the same

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Get called out by sm4sh players for putting in more effort for project m and then make me seem like a jerk for it. They still always come back because they can't create the backbone to run events themselves lol, no one in sm4sh is stepping up.
Feels like there's no actual love for the game or it's scene. Only now they realize how flawed that is. PM stopes riding on melee, so do the same
Yeah, it's like that here in MI but it's some of the PM players that are entitled and expect the Melee TOs to put equal effort into the PM side events that they're only running in the first place to be nice. Then the PM events sometimes turn out to be lackluster, not because of the TOng, but because the PM scene don't bring enough of their own setups! I always bring a PM setup whether I'm competing in it or not to make it so that happens less often.

I don't even want to imagine how it'll be with the Sm4sh players rofl, MI hasn't even really done anything with it yet afaik.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Feels like there's no actual love for the game or it's scene. Only now they realize how flawed that is. PM stoped riding on melee, so do the same
Drop smash 4 a week and tell them to host their own ****

That will teach them

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Weirdly, the local scene I got to is very calm about it. It's divided up by Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Project M. The worst people do is say "I don't play it because it's not my style", which is perfectly respectable. Though it helps everyone has their equal share of set ups, instead of fighting for the same thing.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
watching a custom ruleset SSB4 match where a kirby is outspacing a mega man by virtue of MM using a custom neutralb, and kirby just using the normal saw from inhale

suddenly, this game is significantly more interesting to me. all these matchup dynamics, man

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well, it depends.Character boards vary between character, but I'm part of the Shulk group and a lot of effort was put into dissecting every quirk Shulk has from his attacks to the Monado Arts. I don't know about others, though I know the Robin and Lucina boards are (not surprisingly) cringe worthy. However, the actually general topics could use more work, and the more the DLC talk is ignored the better. I blame a combination of a noob boom causing few people to be savvy about the general metagame, and the mentality of extreme defense or extreme offense with no grey area. Not to mention the constant threats from the Melee elitist vocal minority discouraging some people.
Robin boards seem hella good from what I seen and Lucina boards seem better now since all the waifu talk has moved. Outside of that i'm pretty sure that he's talking about having Smash 4 exclusive T.O's and not piggybacking off the bigger ones and relying on that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Played KH 2.5 most of the day. Doing BBSFM post game stuff.

Beat Vanitas Remnant, Mysterious Figure, Armor of Eraqus and No Heart.

VR is actually kinda funny to watch you interrupt him.
MF is still cheap as **** and go suck on a bag of haggis.
Armor of Eraqus was tough while still being fair and was a nice battle.
No Heart is easily the most ruthless. brutal and hyperactive boss in the series but he's SO much fun to fight. <3

Now I'm gonna grind with Aqua til I get her to 99 and then beat them all again, but more easily for the sake of catharsis. Particularly in MF's case. Cause **** that guy.

@ mimgrim mimgrim
I have yet to do post game stuff in any KH game. :L

In fact I have only done post game stuff in a few video games. I dunno why but I seem to only do post game stuff for certain types of games.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Real talk the Shulk group is so good. I've been on Smashboards since 08, played 6 different characters in total and I've seen my share of garbage boards.
At first I was like "let's contribute and show these kids how to discover and use their character's potential"
Now I'm like "what will these kids teach me today ?"

Player -0

Smash Hero
@Strong Bad I was thinking it would be like Ness' F-Throw. You can't combo at pretty much any percent and doesn't kill at high. Also why would you be CC'ing it? It starts knocking down pretty early iirc. If the attack version was air only then it wouldn't really be a problem.

@Sapphire Dragon I don't have a 3DS or MH. RIP.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Real talk the Shulk group is so good. I've been on Smashboards since 08, played 6 different characters in total and I've seen my share of garbage boards.
At first I was like "let's contribute and show these kids how to discover and use their character's potential"
Now I'm like "what will these kids teach me today ?"
Glad to hear lol. Always wanted to learn Shulk so I will be lurking there then but I have a weird If I don't play the game your featured in then I'm not gonna main you type of deal so I'm not gonna seriously pick him up. Try being a Falco player our boards are quiet.

In other news my state finally legalized gay marriage good **** Nebraska.

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, can we not talk about the crappier parts of the smash community and instead talk about the games themselves? 9.9

On a other note, I want to buy a capture card to record gameplay from my Wii with my laptop (mainly pm). Any recommendations?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I use an elgato

Which reminds me
Last week, recording pm, we "thought" we were recording, 5 hourse later, after trying to stop the recording, we noticed that it didnt record at all, and it was showing that it was recording.
Someone pls explain

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Ugh, can we not talk about the crappier parts of the smash community and instead talk about the games themselves? 9.9

On a other note, I want to buy a capture card to record gameplay from my Wii with my laptop (mainly pm). Any recommendations?
depends on your price range, I suppose? if you want to go balls-to-the-wall, get a wii2hdmi and an HDMI capture card. otherwise, the one speedrunners always use is the GV-USB2

TreK

Is "that guy"
Not enough disk space ? Idk the longest I've recorded with mine is like 2 hours

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
It had 80 GB space, so no.
My friend told me that it was stuck at 79 while recording for the entire session; of course, he said that after we found out that it didnt record
;-;
@ TreK TreK

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It had 80 GB space, so no.
My friend told me that it was stuck at 79 while recording for the entire session; of course, he said that after we found out that it didnt record
;-;
@ TreK TreK
Wii2hdmi + avermedia lgp is amazing if you get a monitor

Edit: We should really convince Nano to make us a pool party Roy alt with a wet noodle

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
watching a custom ruleset SSB4 match where a kirby is outspacing a mega man by virtue of MM using a custom neutralb, and kirby just using the normal saw from inhale

suddenly, this game is significantly more interesting to me. all these matchup dynamics, man
I argue that a meta that embraces customs is the first step to diversifying this game away from the other entries and preventing the aforementioned Smash cycle. Customs are a seriously neat draw and really change a lot of MU dynamics and how the game works as a whole and I think (aside from the few problematic customs that need to be disallowed) that it's for the best if they're embraced, logistics are annoying and unlocking them is a pain but I think it's worth it, really.

They're goofy as hell sometimes but they genuinely do make the game more entertaining.

It's something big that changes the entire game, lets a lot more people appreciate it (tons of chars get way better with customs) and it gives it a very unique draw. Probably the future.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Oh more notifications, shouldnt be lizaf-
image.jpg

I forgot.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I use an elgato

Which reminds me
Last week, recording pm, we "thought" we were recording, 5 hourse later, after trying to stop the recording, we noticed that it didnt record at all, and it was showing that it was recording.
Someone pls explain
pm me your recording settings

Top Bottom