• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
literally everyone who says "auto combo" is dumb
Yeah, it would be bad if characters had no bread and butter. There is a reason why people complain about the lack of true combos in Brawl.
I actually started maining Falco, because I thought that his easy pillar "auto combos" were straightforward and fun to use with minimal practice.
Olympus was trash.
It was really ****tily ran. I was just glad I witnessed The Legend of @Player -0 and ESAM in Round 2, especially because ESAM is supposedly retiring.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Squritle isn't as bad as you say. It's just you. You're as bad as those Jehovah Witnesses.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah, it would be bad if characters had no bread and butter. There is a reason why people complain about the lack of true combos in Brawl.
I actually started maining Falco, because I thought that his easy pillar "auto combos" were straightforward and fun to use with minimal practice.
I am disappoint

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Really, can we got a vod of M2K's interview? I demand such salt be immortalized as was the seeds and seasonings of the ancients within their tombs.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Squritle isn't as bad as you say. It's just you. You're as bad as those Jehovah Witnesses.
My Grandparents are those, actually really nice otherwise.
I am disappoint
This shonen protagonist bull is ridiculous. Marth players have to be on point all the time. Get the read, react consistently, perform the right action in this micro situation, space perfectly or cause all of Marth's strengths to deteriorate all at once. Marth only has the threat of his disjoints and grab. Otherwise the only real pressure is D-tilt.

Give Squirt unholy grab range pls.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
This shonen protagonist bull is ridiculous. Marth players have to be on point all the time. Get the read, react consistently, perform the right action in this micro situation, space perfectly or cause all of Marth's strengths to deteriorate all at once.
How does all of that not apply to every character in the game? Like you're proving my point, just with a different character as an example

Lizalfos

Smash Master
How does all of that not apply to every character in the game? Like you're proving my point, just with a different character as an example
I just don't understand why you would john about how hard the Squirt struggle is when every other character has the same struggle.

Bowser can't even keep up with squirtle, how is that a losing matchup?

Edit: if Marth can win/go even in matchups that revolve around DD abuse, why can't squirtle, a more mobile character, do the same?

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
*Start of Shots*
"Hey, who is this kid."

*Day two of Shots*
"Yo, MLGF."

Me Inside:
:D

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
lmao at the Ike salt. People complaining should have to go up against 2.0 Ike.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
lmao at the Ike salt. People complaining should have to go up against 2.0 Ike.
I feel like everything Ike does involves a heavy amount of commitment. Maybe Ally just makes good decisions and M2K doesn't know the matchup for a character that isn't in Melee.

I mean, if M2K's skill should have carried him all the way to 1st place, then why isn't he placing higher in Smash 4?

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Being on a high horse about it is as just as or more ridiculous.
Posturing is silly, end of story. Staph doing it.
pls
Pretty sure it was established that a majority of it is joking. But I guess people cant understand that a character can be good, yet bad when compared to the rest of the characters
I just don't understand why you would john about how hard the Squirt struggle is when every other character has the same struggle.

Bowser can't even keep up with squirtle, how is that a losing matchup?
Bowser can beat every aerial with nair, can ignore bubble and watergun and several other moves with his crouch armor + cc, he hits like a semi truck with 3 trailers attached, other armors allow him to ignore even more things, has more reach, dash attack

Get @Pluttergub to do it, he actually plays netplay.
Pluttergub is the reason netplay thinks Squirtle beats Bowser...

MLGF

Smash Lord
I feel like everything Ike does involves a heavy amount of commitment. Maybe Ally just makes good decisions and M2K doesn't know the matchup for a character that isn't in Melee.

I mean, if M2K's skill should have carried him all the way to 1st place, then why isn't he placing higher in Smash 4?
I did the Ike ditto with him for an hour or something, and he was able to explain his thought process on a lot of his options.

The way he thinks and realizes which option to choose is amazing, he only commits to things when he is sure he can get it. When he doesn't, he goes for less effective options that are more versatile. It sounds simple, but his quick decision making is just outstanding to listen to. That's not at all broken, it's just him being amazing.

Because Ally.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I need to get a CRT so I can play with people who are decent and find out why squirtle can't play a defensive punish game against Bowser, like every other character who isn't absolute garbage.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I also just can't fathom why M2K won't just play Marth in PM. I thought that aside from stick inputs (really only relevant in PM -> Melee) and 1 frame momentum delay, everything was the same?

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I need to get a CRT so I can play with people who are decent and find out why squirtle can't play a defensive punish game against Bowser, like every other character who isn't absolute garbage.
Odds explained a majority of it in one of his excelent posts on Bowser and the things he feels should be modified, though it was many many pages ago

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I'm just binging on some hype-ass matches on yootoobz and I need more. plz ppl: what was the hypest pm tourney b4 tonight?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Kati

Smash Lord
errrg GW is such a beast :D

X_____X

Got to TO a local today. 4 out of the 5 sm4sh players who were going to bring set ups backed out less than 12 hours before XD.

GW though.

MLGF

Smash Lord
No, just M2K being M2K.
Don't listen to him, somethingsomethingsteelbeamsandjetfuelsomething

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Look up AlphaOmegaCreator on Facebook or AOcreator on Twitter then thank me later. It's a test for an app that they are releasing in a few days on Android phones IDK about Iphone yet.

EDIT: Found the website. Works only on O.G 3ds, 2ds and 3DS XL versions 9.0 to 9.5

http://aocreator.com/
Nice nice, it looks awesome. :D

Sadly I don't own a smartphone, so QR injections it is.

3824-8710-2486
Says it's not valid

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
My Grandparents are those, actually really nice otherwise.

This shonen protagonist bull is ridiculous. Marth players have to be on point all the time. Get the read, react consistently, perform the right action in this micro situation, space perfectly or cause all of Marth's strengths to deteriorate all at once. Marth only has the threat of his disjoints and grab. Otherwise the only real pressure is D-tilt.

Give Squirt unholy grab range pls.
I dunno man sometimes it feels like the cards are just stacked against you whenever you play squirtle
accurate representation of the Ganon-Squirtle MU

edit: the gif wont work
http://www.gfycat.com/WindyAnotherCrossbill

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Ike op somehow? Thanks for the johns @ ZiggaWaTT ZiggaWaTT

XD

So lately I been thinking

You all have these bamcis avatars of tanscale

Akin to greyscale but older and photographic

I assume someone with great skill makes these.

If they seek outlet for the great expansion of their prowesses and wisdoms of the (pen? Mouse? BRUSH?!?!?), I might but simply request

The great space queen

This Samus

In contrast-noir style black and white. Pure shaders. No Greys. Two non-colors.

Black.

White.

Samus.

Power suit optional.

Edit: lol shaders in black/white.

Anyway, so johns stronger if I am fighting bowser? This will be fun

But I must be squirtle, hmm. I know not the way of squirtle.

I can only john about water rights.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Oh did I miss people being salty about ike? Any tears left?
It'll just get worse from here though.

M2k wasn't even very salty in his interview, he was making rational points. But like, dude Ike is broken man, a non-melee god beat HIS FOX, no one should be able to beat fox.

Ike is really god but I don't think he's THAT good, not enough for tears. Unless you main like samus or something, treeblade 2 stronk

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Ike op somehow? Thanks for the johns @ ZiggaWaTT ZiggaWaTT

XD

So lately I been thinking

You all have these bamcis avatars of tanscale

Akin to greyscale but older and photographic

I assume someone with great skill makes these.

If they seek outlet for the great expansion of their prowesses and wisdoms of the (pen? Mouse? BRUSH?!?!?), I might but simply request

The great space queen

This Samus

In contrast-noir style black and white. Pure shaders. No Greys. Two non-colors.

Black.

White.

Samus.

Power suit optional.

Edit: lol shaders in black/white.

Anyway, so johns stronger if I am fighting bowser? This will be fun

But I must be squirtle, hmm. I know not the way of squirtle.

I can only john about water rights.

I could... and in fact that is what I tend to keep in mind when I pen things over, but ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

idk, my lazy kicks in every time.

Top Bottom