• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
pls tell me you're going to EVO, Genie

Smooth Criminal
Trying to brah need to land another job and don't lose that job so that I can get everything payed for so I can poop on nerds with Falco and try to become smash 4 pheasant jesus and repent for thy sins.

LOOOOOOOOL

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way guys, although this is the first PM national, there are still more coming up. Aftershock is coming up at the end of March, which will have all of TXs best (Me, Sethlon, Oracle, Strong Bad, Dakpo, etc), SoCal, ZeRo, Dabuz, and all 3 smash games.

https://www.facebook.com/events/423207434501757 PREREGISTER IS STILL OPEN, 3K DOLLARS WORTH IN POT BONUSES, STREAM FROM TOURNEY LOCATOR AND CLASH TOURNAMENTS!!!

Lets keep the PM Train GOING

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
When you win a big event and people cry that your character is OP and folks will the ride the bandwagon and your character gets used alot online week afterwards you did a good job LMAO.

EDIT: M2K interview

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
This is a really good Interview though, I enjoy listening to M2k's thoughts on the game. He seems a lot more tame about it than in previous patches.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
At Olympus in South Carolina, a Melee Falcon player, younger than me, with good tech skill, told me that the characters in PM are all Shiek.
They all have auto combos.
FALCON PLAYER

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
i just want vods of the matches, NOW. Like. Please.

Oh someone please tell me which characters were used in the finals. I know there were 3 foxes and obviously ike

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Welp.

I guess I need to find a doubles partner for aftershock and train them to not be **** at doubles in three weeks.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
At Olympus in South Carolina, a Melee Falcon player, younger than me, with good tech skill, told me that the characters in PM are all Shiek.
oh my god

Falcon player johns are my trigger words

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Isn't it a compliment to say essentially PM balanced all the characters to be the most powerful and tech-malleable char in the melee roster?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Did you explain to him stomp > knee

Or Knee > Knee

Or Anything > Knee

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I know it sounds like salt, but I think m2k just wants to genuinely pass feedback, as himself said it, he's not very good with words. He might have a few misconceptions and double standards in place, but he's right about silence being harmful to the game.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ugh the smash community and their definitions on combos, jank and other stuff regarding PM is like watching a sitcom of a child scholar and a bum argue on the pronunciation of words or something.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I know it sounds like salt, but I think m2k just wants to genuinely pass feedback, as himself said it, he's not very good with words. He might have a few misconceptions and double standards in place, but he's right about silence being harmful to the game.
You have ruined the space animal balance you ****lords and now Falco can never win the Fox matchup again.
Now the galaxy will never have peace.
Did you explain to him stomp > knee

Or Knee > Knee

Or Anything > Knee
I told him that Falcon has lots guaranteed combos out of grab and can combo most things into his kill move. I should have told him that Falcon is probably higher tier in PM due to the existence of more matchups that aren't space animals.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I talked to Lizalfos about it already lol.

Played Falcon game 2 vs. ESAM & Atlas, wasn't clutch enough in the 2v1 (they were both 1 stock iirc) ;-;

When is M2K going to be told to walk towards Ike when he's charging QD? I do think it's kind of dumb how QD attack is disjointed/sets up for combos/kills while still having the mixups. I'd like to see its BKB raised and KBG lowered a bit. Maybe remove it from the ground variant but I don't know if that's too much.

M2K giving his opinions is great but I still think he lacks quite a bit of MU knowledge.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When is M2K going to be told to walk towards Ike when he's charging QD? I do think it's kind of dumb how QD attack is disjointed/sets up for combos/kills while still having the mixups. I'd like to see its BKB raised and KBG lowered a bit. Maybe remove it from the ground variant but I don't know if that's too much.
That would make it combo better and be less CCable at low percents.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Except every time we try to speak out we get shut down because

A: Maylay/Fox
B: We should adapt instead of speaking
C: We're scrubs and our word has no value

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Every game has jank or grime but it being accepted and a part of the game with years behind is a component to it.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
As long as it's not harder than Pika's I think it's fine. I'm not sure about the ledge snap though.
well
allow me to clarify now that im not on ****ty mobile
pika's up b recovery in general is harder because it has the two clean parts and you have to do them pretty precisely
when it comes to actually ledgesnapping, lucario's is harder imo, having played both characters. admittedly i have not put as much time into pm pika as i have lucario
basically w/ lucario you cant hold anywhere below the horizontal once you enter this mystical threshold near the ledge or else you fall to your death like an idiot, and with a curved recovery that becomes pretty hard because it feels like such a fine line between inputting the direction of your recovery and dying horribly

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Every game has jank or grime but it being accepted and a part of the game with years behind is a component to it.
We aren't melee. Even if we take mechanics and pieces from it, we shouldn't keep the pieces that are basically cancerous to the rest of the game.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Ugh the smash community and their definitions on combos, jank and other stuff regarding PM is like watching a sitcom of a child scholar and a bum argue on the pronunciation of words or something.
This is an insult to sitcoms, child scholars, and the homeless.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
Top Bottom