• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Tournaments more than 3hrs behind and the only event that has happened is Melee doubles. Really guys? They got it together near the end anyway, and probably ended sooner than my initial expectation after hearing how late Melee singles started (not very high).

I played friendlies with some people who were really competent with their characters and got some insight into matchups.
Played friendlies with the Falco main that got 3rd place and it got me thinking about how I can improve more, and what is optimal spacing for Falco. Mostly I learned what kinds of things I do all the time that aren't actually safe.

Edit: At Olympus

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Also meeting people but not realizing you knew them until after the tournament is funny. I had knocked out a team of Sonic + Puff and realized later that I had critiqued a set for the Sonic main back in 3.02.

Has anyone else had that happen before?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Also meeting people but not realizing you knew them until after the tournament is funny. I had knocked out a team of Sonic + Puff and realized later that I had critiqued a set for the Sonic main back in 3.02.

Has anyone else had that happen before?
I camped some guy out with Mario over wifi and he said that i only won because of the lag.

And then I camped his ass out in real life and still won.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Lol, people are making a huge deal of me beating Pink Fresh.
He kept trying to approach with pk freeze like 3.0 and it was easy to shield grab him. He had some issues recovering to Ike (clearly not used to nair clips)
His combos were always 0-death though, and that was mad scary. Just my observation.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-wii-u-gets-a-call-to-arms.393296/

basically an admittance that the reason melee (and to a significantly smaller scale, PM) lasts long-term is b/c of a fanbase that actually cares about things

naturally, most of the very younger side is mad at the idea. someone genuinely said "wave-cheating" in the comments, unironically
100% true.

And it's this apathy you mentioned that's going to kill the game before anything else.

Smooth Criminal

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I remember saying this to brawl players a year ago, when they said they were going to do just fine without toronto players trying to make new rulesets

coincidentally, toronto is one of the few places with a brawl scene anymore. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS OUT

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
12 year olds are taking call to arms seriously. Prepare for militant Smash 4 players guys.
KyroChao: Haha, your hilarious

Give the game time to simmer, more techniques will be learned, diddy will find his kryptonite and everything will be fine. We dont need to continue over prasing a thirteen year old game.

^
Holy **** you were right LOL XD :p

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
The fact that the first post asks everyone to disregard their respective game to play Smash 4 makes me want to punch things.

Go play your own game, I'm not stopping playing PM.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-wii-u-gets-a-call-to-arms.393296/

basically an admittance that the reason melee (and to a significantly smaller scale, PM) lasts long-term is b/c of a fanbase that actually cares about things

naturally, most of the very younger side is mad at the idea. someone genuinely said "wave-cheating" in the comments, unironically
And thus the message behind the article will be diluted and ignored in a matter of minutes of clicks. New kids being new kids.

I remember saying this to brawl players a year ago, when they said they were going to do just fine without toronto players trying to make new rulesets

coincidentally, toronto is one of the few places with a brawl scene anymore. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS OUT
I remember this as well and I hated the way Brawl went out in the U.S. Also Toronto is like the smash utopia from what i hear.

100% true.

And it's this apathy you mentioned that's going to kill the game before anything else.

Smooth Criminal
KyroChao: Haha, your hilarious

Give the game time to simmer, more techniques will be learned, diddy will find his kryptonite and everything will be fine. We dont need to continue over prasing a thirteen year old game.

^
Holy **** you were right LOL XD :p
And thus the New Smash game cycle repeats itself. Also @ Lizalfos Lizalfos said wave cheating LMAO.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Those front page comments remind me of a video Pink Reaper old melee head( Doesn't post on smashboards anymore from what I know of) made on his YouTube vids ranting on smash 4 and Sakurai but this video in particular really hit the nail on the head regarding techniques and what not with da community.

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
It is a shame the message of that article is being totally ignored. Juice is not asking people to blindly play melee, he wants people who actually enjoy the game to promote it and make content for it so it will grow.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
the trick comes from ppl like pidgezeroone

she will genuinely tell you "my favorite smash game is the one who's scene isn't big enough yet". that is about as effective of a community leader as you can get
Hey people will always like the old games over new ones and/or poverty games. I'm not hating though cause I would love to nerd out on some 64 and poop on nerds with Fox. But is that quote true in your eyes though?

Also she follows me on Twitter.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Damn this is happening already? I didn't expect things to get like that so soon. It's like the smash cycle accelerated to the point where 2 years was skipped.

One thing that should have tipped us off is the fact that one of our FAQ is "Will you mod smash 4/make PM for smash 4?"

I bet the timeouts and almost timeouts that happened in between the HOO HAHS probably put the general audience off from watching the game like how MK dittos and timeouts put people off of Brawl in 2010.

I hope for their sake EVO turns this around because to have all this happen already means the game is in danger of dying faster than Brawl.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Damn this is happening already? I didn't expect things to get like that so soon. It's like the smash cycle accelerated to the point where 2 years was skipped.

One thing that should have tipped us off is the fact that one of our FAQ is "Will you mod smash 4/make PM for smash 4?"

I bet the timeouts and almost timeouts that happened in between the HOO HAHS probably put the general audience off from watching the game like how MK dittos and timeouts put people off of Brawl in 2010.

I hope for their sake EVO turns this around because to have all this happen already means the game is in danger of dying faster than Brawl.
All we need is Mah ***** Ganon to win EVO this year :4ganondorf:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
in theory, it shouldn't be that bad right now, but rosaluma is the stallmaster and diddy is an autocombo melee sheik in a game wherein everyone else is flailing around the 150% ranges trying to get that single kill move

Lizalfos

Smash Master

Which is a shame, because it is so much better designed than Brawl.
If Juice Doom's plan works, that would be fantastic. Nothing can save the game after Smash 5 though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom