• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Played KH 2.5 most of the day. Doing BBSFM post game stuff.

Beat Vanitas Remnant, Mysterious Figure, Armor of Eraqus and No Heart.

VR is actually kinda funny to watch you interrupt him.
MF is still cheap as **** and go suck on a bag of haggis.
Armor of Eraqus was tough while still being fair and was a nice battle.
No Heart is easily the most ruthless. brutal and hyperactive boss in the series but he's SO much fun to fight. <3

Now I'm gonna grind with Aqua til I get her to 99 and then beat them all again, but more easily for the sake of catharsis. Particularly in MF's case. Cause **** that guy.

@mimgrim

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
People may wonder why I'm Chain Chomp.

It's because being unchained would lead to massive bloodshed when things like this happen

TreK

Is "that guy"
I know y'all are way too busy being hype over Shots Fired

But Polybash is this weekend as well and it's like 100ish players

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Hm, what?

Oh, and also for some reason those Shuk and Morth videos are causing some weirdness with my ads and reply box.
Gyaru is pretty gud

Also today at work, my waifu/crush was talking and she goes, "you and i are thr same, were too nice!"
And my other coworker who just shows up for the night shift goes, " yah look at him hes like a ****in teddy bear"
And she goes, "he is, isnt he!"

I almosy let her see me blush (´・ω・`)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Gyaru is pretty gud

Also today at work, my waifu/crush was talking and she goes, "you and i are thr same, were too nice!"
And my other coworker who just shows up for the night shift goes, " yah look at him hes like a ****in teddy bear"

you're still going home with no snu-snu tonight

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You should of seen the rest of the team match. Poongko booty blasted France hardcore especially against the Viper player. Commentators made it even more OD.

EDIT: @ Soft Serve Soft Serve
OMG pls no

No

I have such a mental block vs lucario, I'm 0-4 in sets vs lucarios not named zman. I just didn't prepare for the mu much and I ran into dadpool in bracket and got boppeddd by his lucario, he's ipks student so it was just like playing ipk again >. <
Time to hit the books and learn how to space around down b approaches. I felt like I was sding out of things correctly but I couldn't stop the combos, and I can't edgeguard lucario because he can always go for ledge and then just cancel and air dodge onto stage if I threaten to ledge hog, **** he's hard go play against.

I did get 17th out of 68 or so, but az is pretty free so I don't really feel that great about it lol

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
lucario's recovery actually sucks because its so easy to edgeguard, especially w/o aura. ipk is a brilliant player tho so its obviously harder against him.
up b has like zero priority so any hitbox where hes trying to go will stuff it. if it's uncancelled theres this disgusting endlag on stage if you dont angle it right. its also hard to snap the ledge because of changes in 3.5 where if you're holding below horizontal after a certain point, you die. down b is trickier to deal with because of invincibility frames but it was nerfed so theres a bunch of startup frames where he's vulnerable and more frames at the end too. throw peanuts or nanner out at him when hes trying to recover. if he uses down b, its gone until he lands on stage.

idk people overrate lucario's recovery cuz they dont know how to deal with it i guess. i constantly get edgeguarded even tho im choosing good options, people can just easily react to them if they have any exp with dealing with it

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Lucarios stuff is hella good, don't let the lucario mains delude you into thinking hes a bad character.

Winning strategy against Lucario: Pick Toon Link, never approach. Works for me every time.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I think his recovery is actually, good. Having the ability to m2k angle the ledge, with his up be is an amazing option. That alone makes it seem like, having no aura on recovery isn't that bad.

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
Gyaru is pretty gud

Ah, yeah, it really is, it's like a part of my lifeblood.
And that sounds really adorable. Anything else nice happen?
People may wonder why I'm Chain Chomp.

It's because being unchained would lead to massive bloodshed when things like this happen

Oh, can I ask you if you've made that statement about why profile banners were removed yet?
I've been pretty curious about what happened since I saw you asked about it on your profile, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the new avatar sizes.

And also can you tell me what's going on in these screenshots I took? I'm using Goggle Chrome.
I can also give you the all individual screenshots I took before I mashed them together for easy viewing too if you think it'll help.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
So that's where your tag came from. Allow me to freak out just a little bit.

Is the series done? I haven't checked since like last year when it hit the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge hiatus.
haha yeah, bec's my fave character <3

its not quite! its on another hiatus until 4/13 and then i think it'll be over. there was a huge batch of updates from the gigapause tho if you wanna check em out

TreK

Is "that guy"
I just rewatched Death Note and TTGL out of nostalgia and procrastination

It was the best bad decision I've made in the past 6ish months.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
OMG pls no

No

I have such a mental block vs lucario, I'm 0-4 in sets vs lucarios not named zman. I just didn't prepare for the mu much and I ran into dadpool in bracket and got boppeddd by his lucario, he's ipks student so it was just like playing ipk again >. <
Time to hit the books and learn how to space around down b approaches. I felt like I was sding out of things correctly but I couldn't stop the combos, and I can't edgeguard lucario because he can always go for ledge and then just cancel and air dodge onto stage if I threaten to ledge hog, **** he's hard go play against.

I did get 17th out of 68 or so, but az is pretty free so I don't really feel that great about it lol
Pick Squirtle

Edgeguard Luca up b with dair

Lol that you're edgeguarding with dair

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I just rewatched Death Note and TTGL out of nostalgia and procrastination

It was the best bad decision I've made in the past 6ish months.
Ah Gurren Lagann.

I still remember the days of browsing /a/, and every thread was mourning over Kamina's death.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I think I'm going to watch Project M vids/VODs today.

Ya'll got any recommendations?

Smooth Criminal
Anything from Texas area from Tourney Locator and Austin PM YT channel, Arizona PM, So Cal PM, Mass with Smashing Ground and Chicago with Wavedash Wednesdays and Nebulous Sundays NY PM stuff. Also that Ally vs Professor Pro tourney match in 3.5 a while ago.

Also I read the smash 4 competitive discussion thread man and LMAO I feel for you i wanna smart smacking nerds after reading dumb ass opinions on MU's LMAO.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Anything from Texas area from Tourney Locator and Austin PM YT channel, Arizona PM, So Cal PM, Mass with Smashing Ground and Chicago with Wavedash Wednesdays and Nebulous Sundays NY PM stuff. Also that Ally vs Professor Pro tourney match in 3.5 a while ago.
Gracias.

Also I read the smash 4 competitive discussion thread man and LMAO I feel for you i wanna smart smacking nerds after reading dumb *** opinions on MU's LMAO.
Dude you have no ****ing idea. It's like...one dude likened Ganon to Falcon. Like, no joke, said straight up that Ganon is just a crappier Falcon because they share similar moves. I'm like, what, just because the shotos from SF have similar moves they're all suddenly crappy variants of one another? What is this? They're still radically different characters and should be treated that way.

I'm not even gonna get into the one dude that always polejocks the Hylian characters. Smh...

"Link wins this MU easily! I know, I play For Glory!"

"No, dude, he doesn't. This is why. Here's evidence suggesting otherwise."

Now:

"Ganon wins against Bowser easily! 8:2 MU!"

"..."

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Gracias.

Dude you have no ****ing idea. It's like...one dude likened Ganon to Falcon. Like, no joke, said straight up that Ganon is just a crappier Falcon because they share similar moves. I'm like, what, just because the shotos from SF have similar moves they're all suddenly crappy variants of one another? What is this? They're still radically different characters and should be treated that way.

I'm not even gonna get into the one dude that always polejocks the Hylian characters. Smh...

"Link wins this MU easily! I know, I play For Glory!"

"No, dude, he doesn't. This is why. Here's evidence suggesting otherwise."

Now:

"Ganon wins against Bowser easily! 8:2 MU!"

"..."

Smooth Criminal
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery

Top Bottom