• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I doubt it. It won't have:

A: Items

2: A ruleset set by EVO instead of one that's used by the community.

One day Plate...I will find you and I will make my presence known as if I was a vengeful wraith. You won't know it was me though. You know why?

Cause you can't see me.

Grey irl.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
So I took out the spring in my right trigger so I can get crisp precise full presses for more consistently perfect wavedashes, wavelands, and powershields; and I removed the rubber contact pad in the left trigger so I can get the full range of analog without occasionally accidentally full pressing (good for l-canceling and charge canceling without triggering the tech flag).
But now I can't LRAStart out of matches in either PM or Melee, can't salty runback in PM, probably can't use debug in PM either tho I haven't tested that yet. Does anybody know if there's a way around this without putting the pad back in the left trigger?

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad before you respond, no.
not possible at all. you need a hard press to quit out or activate debug

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I doubt it. It won't have:

A: Items

2: A ruleset set by EVO instead of one that's used by the community.

One day Plate...I will find you and I will make my presence known as if I was a vengeful wraith. You won't know it was me though. You know why?

Cause you can't see me.
...I'm actually blind.

Way to make me feel like **** ;-;

Kati

Smash Lord
soooo uh

what's the PM scene like in the vancouver area

remember when I said I was dealing with some incredibly real stuff in the past few days?

yeah.

PM community took a serious hit when the leadership imploded. I'm not sure if anyone has stepped up yet. Monthlies were approaching 80+ entrants though I think, and new people continue to appear. Good players are willing to play with anyone.

try to find b010, firefly, and Bigd if you want a challenge.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmmm I can possibly go to Xanadu this monday...yes/no?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
PM community took a serious hit when the leadership imploded. I'm not sure if anyone has stepped up yet. Monthlies were approaching 80+ entrants though I think, and new people continue to appear. Good players are willing to play with anyone.

try to find b010, firefly, and Bigd if you want a challenge.
God, those guys are so chill though. And BigD is an absolute monster. It's always great to see BC come down for GameClucks monthlies. If you find the time to carpool wirh them I'd ask for some friendlies here in WA.

zman804

Smash Ace
Time to plan the side tournament. Last year we had 62 people and 4 setups, I hope we double the first number and quadruple the second.

Kati

Smash Lord
God, those guys are so chill though. And BigD is an absolute monster. It's always great to see BC come down for GameClucks monthlies. If you find the time to carpool wirh them I'd ask for some friendlies here in WA.
Yeah all the drama almost tarnished that reputation, but we're good now I think. I'm just starting to venture out of my town for competition, so someday I could see myself really enjoying a drive down to the states and connecting with other scenes.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
not possible at all. you need a hard press to quit out or activate debug
Yeah i figured. So I came up with a solution: put right spring in with the left trigger and add back the rubber contact pad. Now it has twice the resistance so I won't accidentally full press, but I still can intentionally if I need to. I'm a genius. Still don't know if that'll work well in melee tho- far as I can tell, you actually have to press the analog down a good ways to trigger the lightest shield in melee, so having additional resistance will make it more tiring to get to that point, even if it does make me more precise as well for each additional degree of analog lightshield. May have to go M2K on this **** and just have a controller for each game, with difference being the number of springs in the left trigger lmao

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You both say pretty stupid/negatively-stereotypical things consistently while here, so it's not like it's a contest.
tl;dr: You're both fuccbois~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Still don't know if that'll work well in melee tho- far as I can tell, you actually have to press the analog down a good ways to trigger the lightest shield in melee, so having additional resistance will make it more tiring to get to that point
You're saying you think the analog threshold/slider has to reach a point greater than Brawl/PM to initiate shield (in Melee's case the lightest light shield)? Tiring to get to the point of full shield or light shield? How is hard pressing not already tiring for you if you mention that (well actually no you answered that, you removed the spring)? Are your hard press rubbers weakened in any way? Why did you have trouble with not hard pressing L-cancels/Gyro charge? Did you mean to say you fear aerial Gyro charge cancel leading to air dodge? I'm guessing your spring must have been on the weak side, and I wasn't aware you could jam two in there. I wonder if the 20XX hack could have a color for when you trigger tech, that would be useful for a lot of things.

Did you L-cancel with L prior to desiring to go with prioritizing each trigger to this? I recall you used R, but forgot if for everything.

What various things can be used for hard press spacers? Anything that doesn't require a past controller's part (a eraser tip or something?) Also gonna ping @9bit and tell me if it pinged you since I was told it doesn't ping when edited in.

Also I try to theorize on how blowing a tech comes into play; it's an ocean of abstractness. Powershielding a laser for instance, but then getting hit right after by say Falco's D-smash. Yeah the 20XX pack could have your character turn a whole bunch of colors to indicate the windows on this stuff. I went and asked achiles. It'll be the only way to understand this crap, unless PM (synonym for Magus) comes up with it first.

You could find out with Dolphin probably for the analog thresholds to compare each game, Melee seems to be 127 from Kadano or something whatever that means
http://smashboards.com/threads/kadano’s-perfect-marth-class—advanced-frame-data-application.337035/page-23#post-16952256

@ Master WGS Master WGS What are Rooster and Buckohfive doing nowadays?

Does anybody know of a cheap device to measure force (like gauging that of a controller's trigger resistance?)

Oh and I never realized leffen's account has been banned for years now for some reason

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Time to plan the side tournament. Last year we had 62 people and 4 setups, I hope we double the first number and quadruple the second.
If you pay my way 2 evo I can bring a lagless setup and record 4 u <3

~Dad~

part time gay dad
I still can't get over how silly Mr Wizard looked last night.

559MR5U.jpg

Like for ****'s sake at least try a little lol

~Dad~

part time gay dad
I honestly didn't know who he was and thought for a lot longer than I should have that he didn't have a left arm. His hand was like tucked behind his back and I couldn't see the black sleeve.
They look like the arms of a mannequin that fell off but are still being held up by the shirt.

edit:

IMG_20150121_111302.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom