• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, independent major it is then, sounds good. I hope that regardless of Apex, that Chibo will be able to keep steaming events andI'mtotallynotevenmadthathebeatmeonstreamwhenIwashavingtheworstchokeofmylife.

Y'know, when I first started going to tournaments, my mom was worried that I'd meet some messed up pedophile or whatever. That hindsight **** is OP

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I know we're having serious talk

But the pokemon episode where they tentecruel fight back against the underwater hotel developers and take over meowth's mind to use him as a puppet is METAL AS ****

Bazkip

Smash Master
uhhhhhh
what?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
uhhhhhh

what?
It's just as vague as the first tweet

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
From that gigantic writeup, I don't really get the impression of Chibo as unprofessional. I don't really get what they're pulling this out of.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
uhhhhhh
what?
"it has nothing to do him tattling, really. no really guys it doesn't"
bull****. so whose fault is this?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Nintendude was going on and on about a witch hunt and deflecting about the whole thing on the podcast.

So despite the damage control, I don't think the Apex staff really gives a **** and are punishing people just like PM was punished for not towing the line.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Apex with that communication and professionalism.

This kind of BS from Apex not giving it to us straight is getting old. Can we witch hunt now?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No. Do not witch hunt ever. It'll get you banned and blacklisted from a bunch of places.
That said, Apex's PR is rivaling EA and Ubisoft for how bad it is ATM.
It's even worse than our PR regarding the continued absence of the PAL release.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yeah its terrible. They would be the first people to say that vague, slanderous charges are a terrible thing to do to someone.

So in response to very specific, detailed and documented allegations they spew a bunch of vague, slanderous **** at someone they don't like.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
No. Do not witch hunt ever. It'll get you banned and blacklisted from a bunch of places.
That said, Apex's PR is rivaling EA and Ubisoft for how bad it is ATM.
It's even worse than our PR regarding the continued absence of the PAL release.
I mean the tame Reddit definition where I get banned for a call to boycott (which is just lol)

In all seriousness this might just have to do with NDA with a sponsor. I'm just hoping that Apex staff either negotiates better terms next year or just drops said sponsor entirely.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Lets just all not go to apex and bankrupt them

then make our own Apex with PM, Blackjack, and hookers

Bazkip

Smash Master
In less dramatic news, yesterday's Foundry was the best tournament ever (after Smash The Target!, of course)

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Considering all the insane **** happening with apex, I feel like its actually for the better that PM isn't being played there

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hate to sound like Mech here, but...dat snowball effect. I kinda figured this would happen. Chibo prolly shouldn't have disclosed THAT much information without consent, and even then with that kinda permission, there should have been more thought behind it. It's easy to get attached/associated with a big head that's coming under fire by his peers, and pay the resultant price.

Oh well.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I suppose. Maybe less about personal relations and more about Apex handlings, something which would be relevant to the situation at hand. Then again, he may have also wanted to follow and continue to set an example of speaking out against Alex so that he could be more effectively pushed out of the community.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
...Told you so.

This is what happens when you don't air crap out, it putrefies.
Why even live, at this point?
Because permanent solutions to temporary problems are absolutely BONEHEADED and life can and probably will be downright blissful if you stick with it(in spite of hardship)and earn your happiness.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Which is understandable, GP, but you gotta be mindful of airing out other people's dirty laundry. You'll catch a lot of people in the crosshairs that really don't need to be there; while they're not coming directly under fire like the person targeted, they'll attract undue and unnecessary attention that doesn't do any good for the situation.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Sad to say, but collateral is inevitable when trying to preclude debacles like this. Just watch; several more incidents like this cluster**** will occur this year because no one will speak up on them.(again)
I'm calling that right now.
Just watch.

inb4

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

This is good. My job is to marry waifus, not be one myself. ¦D

SunJester

Smash Ace
SunJester is 3% Waifu Material.

Well that's about on par with my opinion of myself.

If there was genuinely a cover up over Alex's issues, then I have a huge issue with anyone who tried to cover it up. If Crismas is caught in the crossfire, I feel sorry for her.

If she knew about this and let it happen, I feel less sorry to her. I'm sorry her boyfriend was a sick man, but the thought of covering someone else's abuses makes my blood boil.

Chibo's reporting of Alex's infidelity undoubtedly was uncalled for, but mentioning her in the story about his relations with Apex/Alex is almost inevitable.

Right now all this looks like is punishing CT for coming forward, which is one of the worst messages you can send back to a community. People right now are coming forward with histories of abuse and harassment that are so important for us to know. We do NOT need abusers and harassers in this community, I WANT people to come forward so we can truly work on making this an inclusive community.

This is terrible timing, poor PR, and the wrong message to send to the community. Apex's explanation is far too short and undetailed to give any sort of background on THEIR reasoning. If they want to explain themselves better, they're more than welcome, but in the meantime this is yet another PR disaster.

I'm glad CT is streaming Aftershock, they have my support.

Edit: I just want to clarify that leaking personal information about Crismas was wrong, though Chibo probably wasn't thinking clearly at the time, and its too late to retract it.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Actually, let me test something out here...*uses his other name*

WHAT

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah i figured. So I came up with a solution: put right spring in with the left trigger and add back the rubber contact pad. Now it has twice the resistance so I won't accidentally full press, but I still can intentionally if I need to. I'm a genius. Still don't know if that'll work well in melee tho- far as I can tell, you actually have to press the analog down a good ways to trigger the lightest shield in melee, so having additional resistance will make it more tiring to get to that point, even if it does make me more precise as well for each additional degree of analog lightshield. May have to go M2K on this **** and just have a controller for each game, with difference being the number of springs in the left trigger lmao
That IS genius. I actually have a bunch of springs lying around so I'm gonna cut the second one down until the resistance is just where I want it.

Update: not enough resistance. What I really need is some kind of stopper. Something that will stop the L button from pressing the pad down without a hell of a lot of pressure.

You're saying you think the analog threshold/slider has to reach a point greater than Brawl/PM to initiate shield (in Melee's case the lightest light shield)? Tiring to get to the point of full shield or light shield? How is hard pressing not already tiring for you if you mention that (well actually no you answered that, you removed the spring)? Are your hard press rubbers weakened in any way? Why did you have trouble with not hard pressing L-cancels/Gyro charge? Did you mean to say you fear aerial Gyro charge cancel leading to air dodge? I'm guessing your spring must have been on the weak side, and I wasn't aware you could jam two in there. I wonder if the 20XX hack could have a color for when you trigger tech, that would be useful for a lot of things.

Did you L-cancel with L prior to desiring to go with prioritizing each trigger to this? I recall you used R, but forgot if for everything.

What various things can be used for hard press spacers? Anything that doesn't require a past controller's part (a eraser tip or something?) Also gonna ping @ 9bit 9bit and tell me if it pinged you since I was told it doesn't ping when edited in.

Also I try to theorize on how blowing a tech comes into play; it's an ocean of abstractness. Powershielding a laser for instance, but then getting hit right after by say Falco's D-smash. Yeah the 20XX pack could have your character turn a whole bunch of colors to indicate the windows on this stuff. I went and asked achiles. It'll be the only way to understand this crap, unless PM (synonym for Magus) comes up with it first.

You could find out with Dolphin probably for the analog thresholds to compare each game, Melee seems to be 127 from Kadano or something whatever that means
http://smashboards.com/threads/kadano’s-perfect-marth-class—advanced-frame-data-application.337035/page-23#post-16952256

@Master WGS What are Rooster and Buckohfive doing nowadays?

Does anybody know of a cheap device to measure force (like gauging that of a controller's trigger resistance?)

Oh and I never realized leffen's account has been banned for years now for some reason
I got no ping :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom