• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Best way to poop in a public bathroom to outdo someone is to do Goku's entire speech demonstrating the multiple levels of Super Saiyan, complete with screams. Should be a plop each time as you ascend the levels. At the end, after the scream, make sure to say "Sorry to keep you waiting."
1412139679239.gif

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Its so true though
Learning new MU's with melee characters feels so awkward, I'll only go fox vs Melee characters.

otherwise people feel like the slight difference in walk/dash movement and tilt/smash are a big enough reason to not play it. If its not one of those 2 its normally **** like "PM patches too often for a meta to develop" which gets rebutted with the fact it patches once a year if that(minus bug fixes), then it's just "because its not melee"

I blame the brawl split for causing this stupid oldman/stuck in way/defensive mentaility that a lot of the melee community has. If only PM 3.5 was somehow what brawl was initially.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Its so true though
Learning new MU's with melee characters feels so awkward, I'll only go fox vs Melee characters.

otherwise people feel like the slight difference in walk/dash movement and tilt/smash are a big enough reason to not play it. If its not one of those 2 its normally **** like "PM patches too often for a meta to develop" which gets rebutted with the fact it patches once a year if that(minus bug fixes), then it's just "because its not melee"

I blame the brawl split for causing this stupid oldman/stuck in way/defensive mentaility that a lot of the melee community has. If only PM 3.5 was somehow what brawl was initially.
like now that I almost have to play melee because there's so much more of a melee scene than pm here (and as a result I've basically begun to main weegee in both lol) melee is just a simpler game
which I guess means you can dive deeper into the matchups that are there but idk it's just not as interesting

but yeah the tilt/smash/dash detection as well as c-stick angle detection is kinda annoying but like I think the pm versions of all of those inputs are much more intuitive than the melee ones

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Could someone Christmasify my avvy? ❤
Y'all should just tag me in these so I don't miss them.

I cartoonified the hats and gave them near-black outlines to match the rest of the style a bit better. Funnily, at this level of compression, the "black" outlines for each character are actually significantly different colors, since Charizard's orange bleeds into the black outline, making it a dark brown in reality.
Joe!.png

Also double post because it's my birthday and I don't care.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJnGRuidOXI#t=36
That's a whole different Universe that wouldn't make sense, and come crashing down because it's not guided by the true Smash destiny time continuum. And you would have killed Melee at EVO and everything sacred (again, the Smash continuum.)

You can't come close to PM even if Sakurai himself wanted to at the time create another Melee based game instead of where he went with Brawl (WHICH, in our current universe, inspired many things PM took anyways).

AND

The last thing you should be worried or concerned about, is Melee players preferring Melee. You should have enough wisdom to know that PM is guided by the Smash time continuum. since Demo v1, and it will grow exponentially as it travels along the path.

And characters changing, even if it is after around a year, is a legitimate excuse. I could quote multiple posts by Hylian and others where they enjoy people finding out "broken" tactics, to remove them. That might be what you want to hear as a designer, but not always for a pioneer who's ready to wholeheartedly put yourself into the game.

And any high level character research like that of Kadano's done for say 2.5 would and will be made useless; and before people could even begin to fully utilize it (which people still haven't for his Melee stuff now). Any intricate strategy that could take a year to come up with, develop, and master, could be cut short by even benign changes to whatever for whatever reason ("I think Squirtle's SH should be lowered again, that'd be cool") or possibly directly for pretentious/over-rated and a hundred other adjective circumstances.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
@ Empyrean Empyrean **** you come to the weeklies.

Also we got Smash 4 on Friday's now and 64 starting Monday.

Montreal confirmed for Northern Holy Land of Smash.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
And to think that before Brawl came out everyone absolutely loved the idea of having a new Smash Bros.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I blame the brawl split for causing this stupid old man
As someone who knows better from experience and via my extended family, the elderly are almost always wise if not just better-informed in general on most things...unlike Smashers lel

Get your facts straight.
Holy ****. Massive waves of likes today. God I love this community.
'S mutual.

Oh no.

Got any other pieces of incredibly bad but hilarious voice acting?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SoBadItsGood
Go nuts.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Morning PMS. Gonna finally go to my first tourney today. No idea what to expect. Good thing I had a fever recently and couldn't practice properly beforehand :p

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Morning PMS. Gonna finally go to my first tourney today. No idea what to expect. Good thing I had a fever recently and couldn't practice properly beforehand :p
I also have a tourney today, and I'm plagued with an ear infection, along with my Wisdoms finally popping out. I feel your pain, breddah.

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Aaaah yeeeaaah

Look at all dem Mechwarrio likes **** yeah I hanging wit the kool kids now :shades:

Edit: and i just hit 100 likes
****** CAN'T HANDLE MAH $w@663R

Edit2: Why do I Always make so many grammar and spelling mistakes -_-.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
@ Empyrean Empyrean **** you come to the weeklies.

Also we got Smash 4 on Friday's now and 64 starting Monday.

Montreal confirmed for Northern Holy Land of Smash.
Will do after finals.

Also I'm ass at smash 4 but I'll try coming to those too.
forget 64 tho, if it ain't on emulator I ain't touching that horrible controller.

Top Bottom