• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Morning PMS. Gonna finally go to my first tourney today. No idea what to expect. Good thing I had a fever recently and couldn't practice properly beforehand :p
WARNING!! Creeper posting:
Going to a tourney today wish me luck people. Hopefully i don't get bopped
Best of luck to you folks. Remember to play alot of friendlies before the event so you can get warmed up and be less nervous. Don't be scared to talk to people on character knowledge if you having problems and learn to play smart and try to read peoples patterns so you can punish them and make them not do foolish stuff to you. Try to ask what you did wrong in matchups you lose in( This isn't for everyone) and how to improve in those areas and if you get your matches recorded watch it later and break down what you did right/ wrong in what situation. Eat some food beforehand cause tourney's last the whole day and it will help you focus better when your mind isn't thinking on food unless you like not eating and having the fight or flight mentality when it comes to that stuff. Also have fun and enjoy yourselves it is a videogame after all lol.

Sorry for the nerd sage post.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
start by playing like a scrub, just to take notice of your opponent, how good/bad he is, then start getting serious

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Speaking of weird dreams, I just had one where I challenged the world's best Luigi main (his identity was left secret) at an irl wavedash race, on a frozen tarmac. I swear we were going at mach 3, best feeling in the world, only beaten by being able to fly in dreams.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Is moth mk still messed ul? His wings get major ugly as he runs and ****
Job hunting out of college blows. Maybe I should just be a prostitute.
shoulda got an internship
Morning PMS. Gonna finally go to my first tourney today. No idea what to expect. Good thing I had a fever recently and couldn't practice properly beforehand :p
play a lot of friendlies
you can even just sandbag, unless there are people you are iffy about. Play those people for real with all your mains and even secondaries so you can slap them when it matters. Watch people to dissect them.
actually no, thats my smash 4 tactic, it won't work with pm
it works well
just gotta figure that person out, see who they play and how.
WARNING!! Creeper posting:
Going to a tourney today wish me luck people. Hopefully i don't get bopped
I woulda...maybe... ok I wouldnt have come, enough even if I knew about this. Killer head ache woke me up at 5
Now I feel like I got no sleep and a pile of shet.
All at the same time.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just got back from picking up me a copy of GG XRD which was scarce for a PS3 version in my area and the store I went to only had one copy which they been using for a display and I got word of it through a friend who works at the same store so yeah.

Time to sacrifice my smash tech skill and other stuff in the mean time lol.

EDIT: Leave this here.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
^God's Gift, bruh.
He was out with this grill, turned up the gas a bit too high and got burned.
Why can't people keep things they say at this level of simplicity?
Just like the sound of their own voices/height of their walls of text.
Self-centered crybabies. ( ͡° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
He was out with this grill, turned up the gas a bit too high and got burned.
Hank Hill here, assistant manager, Strickland Propane.
I feel like I have to assure everyone that if you turn up your Vogner Char-King's a little too high, you're not risking injury. You might be risking what you're grilling though, as it will most assuredly burn. Y'see, Propane is an intelligent gas. It loves us and gives us it's power, but we also have to respect it or we're going to abuse her. A lady like that is too classy to abuse, I tell ya hwat.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Speaking of weird dreams, I just had one where I challenged the world's best Luigi main (his identity was left secret) at an irl wavedash race, on a frozen tarmac. I swear we were going at mach 3, best feeling in the world, only beaten by being able to fly in dreams.
LuigiMaster9000

^God's Gift, bruh.
Why can't people keep things they say at this level of simplicity?
Just like the sound of their own voices/height of their walls of text.
Self-centered crybabies. ( ͡° ͟ʖ ͡°)
You're a troper dog you should know bout that sesquipedalian loquaciousness

Vashimus

Smash Master
We get it Poot, you don't like Fox. Join the club.

Homeboy did double-jump back-air, like what?

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
We get it Poot, you don't like Fox. Join the club.

Homeboy did double-jump back-air, like what?
It's like the DK was purposely inviting Fox to waveshine him to his death. It doesn't make any sense to me. That death is completely on the DK anyways since he airdodged in place in the air instead of Up B to recover.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
DK fox on FD ain't funny either way of the matchup. Fox ****s all over DK for 99% of the match til DK gets a grab.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
whos all goin to pacific northwest regional, im tryna meet some peope to fug with consent play video games with

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
yo I want to start playing another fighting game what other ones offer similar movement/spacing options to smash?
I've heard kof is similar in terms of aerial rushdown with shorthops and whatnot and I've heard that skullgirls is just fun in general

what does pms suggest?

Top Bottom