• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Monsterr

Smash Rookie
Is there a big skype group for all the people who play PM on wiimfi to find netplay matches? Or does everyone here just use dolphin?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
SWF's profanity filters are still 100% useless

why are the most basic slurs that bad smash players use allowed, but god forbid you talk about butts *** IS A RUDE WORD
I just want to be able to turn it off if I want to. Replacing real words with stars is more distracting, and with context I can tell what people said 100% of the time anyway.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Anyone else having troubles with twitch chat? apparently I connected but no one can see my messages, so I spent an hour trying to beat @ Nazo Nazo to answering frame data questions and making sarcastic responses about smash 4, but apperantly twitch doesn't like me or my Roomate and we dont show up in chat

I guess its better than everyone else just ignoring my existance

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Turns out my secondary monitor is one approved by MIOM for playing HD smash on. Just need to get the proper converters now so I can enjoy smash in HD and smash 4 later on in HD as well. :>

Bazkip

Smash Master
Did somebody say something?

Aw dammit toaster there goes my joke :(

Last edited:

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
Anyone else having troubles with twitch chat? apparently I connected but no one can see my messages, so I spent an hour trying to beat @ Nazo Nazo to answering frame data questions and making sarcastic responses about smash 4, but apperantly twitch doesn't like me or my Roomate and we dont show up in chat

I guess its better than everyone else just ignoring my existance
I answered all the questions wrong and there was nothing you could do about it MUAHAHHAAH!

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
Who is top ten in PM do you think? Zero, M2K, Wizzrob, Professor Pro, Neon, Emukiller, Junebug, Sethlon, Awestin, and who else? There could also be Rolex, ESAM, Armada, Oracle, SS, Plup...

Dont hate too hard,,
On Junebug Neon and Sethlon

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ESAM is definitely top 10. K9 is scary close lately. DEHF is also really good too. So is Zhime and a few others, but dunno if you can make a coherent top 10.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Beat Megaman X today, never played it before.

It was.. Okay. The hidden stuff was kinda neat, but I was always under the impression that the game was more open-ended than it was. Oh well.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Other than the trailer lacking polish and not enough style in the visuals, it looks pretty smooth and fun gameplay-wise.

It all comes down to the execution of the fighting mechanics.
Yeah. I'm definitely seeing this as the precursor to a Pokemon only Smash, which is what it's turning out to be.

Stream said it's currently arcade only in 2015, but then they mentioned something about arcade "first" which implies an eventual console release. They also had both a Japanese and English trailer so if they didn't intend to bring it to English markets then that would be silly.

They also said that only Fighting type Pokemon will be in the roster.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well no Typholsion :( But I hope we get Hawlucha the hypest fighting type of fighting types, Blaziken, Mienshao and Gallade.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Only fighting Pokemon? That limits them to a max of 31 different Pokemon, isn't that a bit of a small roster for a Tekken game?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I honestly want to see what they're gonna do with Conkeldurr, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, and Meloetta for some reason. Them specifically.

inb4thisisatevo2015andthefgcfreaksoutevenmore

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
That limit on only fighting types also comes with a potential problem for Mega Mewtwo X (and Mega Lopunny) in that they mega evolve from non fighting type Pokemon. I would imagine mega evolutions are things that occur during a fight, so what will that entail for those two? Will they start out as their non-fighting versions regardless, will they always be mega while the others aren't, or will they simply not be included?

Just seems a kinda silly limit to impose. Obviously makes sense to have mainly fighting type Pokemon, but there's definitely a few non-fighting that'd fit in as well.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So guys, I checked back on the Fighting only thing and it turns out only one person has said that, although he translated from the Japanese stream it could have been a mistranslation.

I think what's more likely is that it's mostly Fighting types with only a small few who are not. So, Dream Roster away~

Bazkip

Smash Master
So guys, I checked back on the Fighting only thing and it turns out only one person has said that, although he translated from the Japanese stream it could have been a mistranslation.

I think what's more likely is that it's mostly Fighting types with only a small few who are not. So, Dream Roster away~
YESS
THE DREAM OF PLAYING AS MEGA SWOLEBRO LIVES

BRUH

Vashimus

Smash Master
Fighting is a pretty rare type in terms of number of Pokemon, so it does limit them if they wanted to go only Fighting types. It makes sense why they'd do it though, as most are humanoid and fight with mostly hand-to-hand combat, making them easier to design.

As much as I don't like the Tekken engine, I have my full trust in Harada to make a great fighter. The trailer made it look a bit lackluster, but if the final product is fun, I'll give it a shot anyway because Pokemon.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
lmao, that height dan gets from makoto's U1

makoto is too powerful and must be stopped before she takes over the planet

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
From the trailer I would guess Mega Evolutions are probably cinematic Ultras that do crazy damage before going back to regular form.

At least I hope so since I don't much like transformative power-ups as a universal fighting game mechanic.

Top Bottom